Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January 30, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2



Psalter

Morning

Psalm 50 -- Common English Bible

A psalm of Asaph.

From the rising of the sun to where it sets,
    God, the Lord God, speaks,
        calling out to the earth.
From Zion, perfect in beauty,
    God shines brightly.
Our God is coming;
    he won’t keep quiet.
A devouring fire is before him;
    a storm rages all around him.
God calls out to the skies above
    and to the earth in order to judge his people:
“Bring my faithful to me,
    those who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”
The skies proclaim his righteousness
    because God himself is the judge. 


 Selah

“Listen, my people, I will now speak;
    Israel, I will now testify against you.
    I am God—your God!
I’m not punishing you for your sacrifices
    or for your entirely burned offerings,
    which are always before me.
I won’t accept bulls from your house
    or goats from your corrals
10     because every forest animal already belongs to me,
    as do the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every mountain bird;
    even the insects in the fields are mine.
12 Even if I were hungry, I wouldn’t tell you
    because the whole world and everything in it already belong to me.
13 Do I eat bulls’ meat?
    Do I drink goats’ blood?
14 Offer God a sacrifice of thanksgiving!
    Fulfill the promises you made to the Most High!
15 Cry out to me whenever you are in trouble;
    I will deliver you, then you will honor me.”
16 But to the wicked God says,
“Why do you talk about my laws?
    Why do you even mention my covenant?
17 You hate discipline, and
    you toss my words behind your back.
18 You make friends with thieves whenever you see one;
    you spend your time with adulterers.
19 You set your mouth free to do evil,
    then harness your tongue to tell lies.
20 You sit around, talking about your own siblings;
    you find fault with the children of your very own mother.
21 You’ve done these things and I’ve kept quiet.
    You thought I was just like you!
        But now I’m punishing you;
        I’m laying it all out, right in front of your face.
22 So consider this carefully, all you who forget God,
    or I’ll rip you to pieces with no one to deliver you:
23 The one who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving is the one who honors me.
    And it is to the one who charts the correct path that I will show divine salvation.”
 * * * *

Псалтирь 50 (51)

 Psalm 50 (51) -- Russian Synodal Bible

(50-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Псалом Давида, (50-2) Когда приходил к нему пророк Нафан, после того, как Давид вошел к Вирсавии. (50-3) Помилуй меня, Боже, по великой милости Твоей, и по множеству щедрот Твоих изгладь беззакония мои.^^
2 (50-4) Многократно омой меня от беззакония моего, и от греха моего очисти меня,
3 (50-5) ибо беззакония мои я сознаю, и грех мой всегда предо мною.
4 (50-6) Тебе, Тебе единому согрешил я и лукавое пред очами Твоими сделал, так что Ты праведен в приговоре Твоем и чист в суде Твоем.
5 (50-7) Вот, я в беззаконии зачат, и во грехе родила меня мать моя.
6 (50-8) Вот, Ты возлюбил истину в сердце и внутрь меня явил мне мудрость.
7 (50-9) Окропи меня иссопом, и буду чист; омой меня, и буду белее снега.
8 (50-10) Дай мне услышать радость и веселие, и возрадуются кости, Тобою сокрушенные.
9 (50-11) Отврати лице Твое от грехов моих и изгладь все беззакония мои.
10 (50-12) Сердце чистое сотвори во мне, Боже, и дух правый обнови внутри меня.
11 (50-13) Не отвергни меня от лица Твоего и Духа Твоего Святаго не отними от меня.
12 (50-14) Возврати мне радость спасения Твоего и Духом владычественным утверди меня.
13 (50-15) Научу беззаконных путям Твоим, и нечестивые к Тебе обратятся.
14 (50-16) Избавь меня от кровей, Боже, Боже спасения моего, и язык мой восхвалит правду Твою.
15 (50-17) Господи! отверзи уста мои, и уста мои возвестят хвалу Твою:
16 (50-18) ибо жертвы Ты не желаешь, --я дал бы ее; к всесожжению не благоволишь.
17 (50-19) Жертва Богу--дух сокрушенный; сердца сокрушенного и смиренного Ты не презришь, Боже.
18 (50-20) Облагодетельствуй по благоволению Твоему Сион; воздвигни стены Иерусалима:
19 (50-21) тогда благоугодны будут Тебе жертвы правды, возношение и всесожжение; тогда возложат на алтарь Твой тельцов.
 * * * *

Psalm 59 -- Common English Bible

For the music leader. Do not destroy. A miktam[a] of David, when Saul sent men to watch the house in order to kill him.

Oh, my God, deliver me from my enemies;
    put me out of reach from those who rise up against me.
Deliver me from evildoers;
    save me from the bloodthirsty.
Look at how they lie in ambush for my life!
    Powerful people are attacking me,
Lord
        but not because of any error or sin of mine.
    They run and take their stand—
        but not because of any fault of mine.
Get up when I cry out to you!
    Look at what’s happening!
You are the
Lord God of heavenly forces,
    the God of Israel!
Wake up and punish all the nations!
    Grant no mercy to any wicked traitor! 


 Selah

They come back every evening,
    growling like dogs,
    prowling around the city.
See what they belch out with their mouths:
    swords are between their lips!
        Who can listen to them?[b]
But you,
Lord, laugh at them.
    You mock all the nations.
I keep looking for you, my strength,
    because God is my stronghold.
10 My loving God will come to meet me.
    God will allow me to look down on my enemies.
11 Don’t kill them, or my people might forget;
    instead, by your power
    shake them up and bring them down,
        you who are our shield and my Lord.
12 For the sin of their mouths,
    the words that they speak,
    let them be captured in their pride.
For the curses and lies they repeat,
13         finish them off in anger;
        finish them off until they are gone!
Then let it be known to the ends of the earth
    that God rules over Jacob.  


Selah

14 They come back every evening,
    growling like dogs,
    prowling around the city.
15 They roam about for food,
    and if they don’t get their fill,
    they stay all night.
16 But me? I will sing of your strength!
    In the morning I will shout out loud
    about your faithful love
        because you have been my stronghold,
        my shelter when I was distraught.
17 I will sing praises to you, my strength,
    because God is my stronghold,
    my loving God.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 59:1 Perhaps inscription
  2. Psalm 59:7 Heb uncertain
 * * * *

Псалтирь 59 (60)

 Psalm 59 (60) -- Russian Synodal Bible

(59-1) ^^Начальнику хора. На [музыкальном орудии] Шушан-Эдуф. Писание Давида для изучения, (59-2) когда он воевал с Сириею Месопотамскою и с Сириею Цованскою, и когда Иоав, возвращаясь, поразил двенадцать тысяч Идумеев в долине Соляной. (59-3) Боже! Ты отринул нас, Ты сокрушил нас, Ты прогневался: обратись к нам.^^
2 (59-4) Ты потряс землю, разбил ее: исцели повреждения ее, ибо она колеблется.
3 (59-5) Ты дал испытать народу твоему жестокое, напоил нас вином изумления.
4 (59-6) Даруй боящимся Тебя знамя, чтобы они подняли его ради истины,
5 (59-7) чтобы избавились возлюбленные Твои; спаси десницею Твоею и услышь меня.
6 (59-8) Бог сказал во святилище Своем: 'восторжествую, разделю Сихем и долину Сокхоф размерю:
7 (59-9) Мой Галаад, Мой Манассия, Ефрем крепость главы Моей, Иуда скипетр Мой,
8 (59-10) Моав умывальная чаша Моя; на Едома простру сапог Мой. Восклицай Мне, земля Филистимская!'
9 (59-11) Кто введет меня в укрепленный город? Кто доведет меня до Едома?
10 (59-12) Не Ты ли, Боже, [Который] отринул нас, и не выходишь, Боже, с войсками нашими?
11 (59-13) Подай нам помощь в тесноте, ибо защита человеческая суетна.
12 (59-14) С Богом мы окажем силу, Он низложит врагов наших.
 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 60 -- Common English Bible

For the music leader. According to “Lily.” A testimony. A miktam[a] of David. For instruction, when he went to war with Aram-naharaim and Aram-sobah, and when Joab returned and defeated Edom, killing twelve thousand in the Salt Valley.

God, you have rejected us—
        shattered us.
    You’ve been so angry.
        Now restore us!
You’ve made the ground quake,
        splitting it open.
    Now repair its cracks
        because it’s shaking apart!
You’ve made your people suffer hardship;
    you’ve given us wine and we stagger.
Give a flag to those who honor you,
    so they can rally around it,
    safe from attack.[b] Selah
Save us by your power and answer us
    so that the people you love might be rescued.
God has spoken in his sanctuary:
    “I will celebrate as I divide up Shechem
        and portion out the Succoth Valley.
    Gilead is mine;
    Manasseh is mine;
    Ephraim is my helmet;
    Judah is my scepter.
    But Moab is my washbowl;
    I’ll throw my shoe at Edom.
    I shout in triumph over Philistia![c]
    I wish someone would bring me to a fortified city!
    I wish someone would lead me to Edom!”
10 But you have rejected us, God, haven’t you?
    God, you no longer accompany our armies.
11 Give us help against the enemy;
    human help is worthless.
12 With God we will triumph;
    he’s the one who will trample our adversaries.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 60:1 Perhaps inscription
  2. Psalm 60:4 Or the bow; Heb uncertain
  3. Psalm 60:8 Syr, Ps 108:9; MT Celebrate over me, Philistia!
 * * * *

Псалтирь 60 (61)

 Psalm 60 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(60-1) ^^Начальнику хора. На струнном [орудии]. Псалом Давида.^^ (60-2) Услышь, Боже, вопль мой, внемли молитве моей!
2 (60-3) От конца земли взываю к Тебе в унынии сердца моего; возведи меня на скалу, для меня недосягаемую,
3 (60-4) ибо Ты прибежище мое, Ты крепкая защита от врага.
4 (60-5) Да живу я вечно в жилище Твоем и покоюсь под кровом крыл Твоих,
5 (60-6) ибо Ты, Боже, услышал обеты мои и дал [мне] наследие боящихся имени Твоего.
6 (60-7) Приложи дни ко дням царя, лета его [продли] в род и род,
7 (60-8) да пребудет он вечно пред Богом; заповедуй милости и истине охранять его.
8 (60-9) И я буду петь имени Твоему вовек, исполняя обеты мои всякий день.
* * * *

Psalm 118 -- Common English Bible

Give thanks to the Lord because he is good,
    because his faithful love lasts forever.
Let Israel say it:
    “God’s faithful love lasts forever!”
Let the house of Aaron say it:
    “God’s faithful love lasts forever!”
Let those who honor the Lord say it:
    “God’s faithful love lasts forever!”
In tight circumstances, I cried out to the Lord.
    The Lord answered me with wide-open spaces.
The Lord is for me[a]—I won’t be afraid.
    What can anyone do to me?
The Lord is for me—as my helper.
    I look in victory on those who hate me.
It’s far better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust any human.
It’s far better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust any human leader.
10 All the nations surrounded me,
    but I cut them down[b] in the Lord’s name.
11 Yes, they surrounded me on every single side,
    but I cut them down in the Lord’s name.
12 They surrounded me like bees,
    but they were extinguished like burning thorns.
    I cut them down in the Lord’s name!
13 I was pushed so hard[c] I nearly died,
    but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord was my strength and protection;
    he was my saving help!
15 The sounds of joyful songs and deliverance
    are heard in the tents of the righteous:
    “The Lord’s strong hand is victorious!
16     The Lord’s strong hand is ready to strike!
        The Lord’s strong hand is victorious!”
17 I won’t die—no, I will live
    and declare what the Lord has done.
18 Yes, the Lord definitely disciplined me,
    but he didn’t hand me over to death.
19 Open the gates of righteousness for me
    so I can come in and give thanks to the Lord!
20 This is the Lord’s gate;
    those who are righteous enter through it.
21 I thank you because you answered me,
    because you were my saving help.
22 The stone rejected by the builders
    is now the main foundation stone!
23 This has happened because of the Lord;
    it is astounding in our sight!
24 This is the day the Lord acted;
    we will rejoice and celebrate in it!
25 Lord, please save us!
    Lord, please let us succeed!
26 The one who enters in the Lord’s name is blessed;
    we bless all of you from the Lord’s house.
27 The Lord is God!
    He has shined a light on us!
So lead the festival offering with ropes
    all the way to the horns of the altar.[d]
28 You are my God—I will give thanks to you!
    You are my God—I will lift you up high!
29 Give thanks to the Lord because he is good,
    because his faithful love lasts forever.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 118:6 LXX with me or mine; also in 118:7
  2. Psalm 118:10 Heb uncertain; LXX, Vulg drove or warded off; also in 118:11-12
  3. Psalm 118:13 LXX, Vulg, Syr; MT you pushed me
  4. Psalm 118:27 Heb uncertain

Psalm 118 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(117-1) Славьте Господа, ибо Он благ, ибо вовек милость Его.
2 (117-2) Да скажет ныне [дом] Израилев: ибо вовек милость Его.
3 (117-3) Да скажет ныне дом Ааронов: ибо вовек милость Его.
4 (117-4) Да скажут ныне боящиеся Господа: ибо вовек милость Его.
5 (117-5) Из тесноты воззвал я к Господу, --и услышал меня, и на пространное место [вывел меня] Господь.
6 (117-6) Господь за меня--не устрашусь: что сделает мне человек?
7 (117-7) Господь мне помощник: буду смотреть на врагов моих.
8 (117-8) Лучше уповать на Господа, нежели надеяться на человека.
9 (117-9) Лучше уповать на Господа, нежели надеяться на князей.
10 (117-10) Все народы окружили меня, но именем Господним я низложил их;
11 (117-11) обступили меня, окружили меня, но именем Господним я низложил их;
12 (117-12) окружили меня, как пчелы, и угасли, как огонь в терне: именем Господним я низложил их.
13 (117-13) Сильно толкнули меня, чтобы я упал, но Господь поддержал меня.
14 (117-14) Господь--сила моя и песнь; Он соделался моим спасением.
15 (117-15) Глас радости и спасения в жилищах праведников: десница Господня творит силу!
16 (117-16) Десница Господня высока, десница Господня творит силу!
17 (117-17) Не умру, но буду жить и возвещать дела Господни.
18 (117-18) Строго наказал меня Господь, но смерти не предал меня.
19 (117-19) Отворите мне врата правды; войду в них, прославлю Господа.
20 (117-20) Вот врата Господа; праведные войдут в них.
21 (117-21) Славлю Тебя, что Ты услышал меня и соделался моим спасением.
22 (117-22) Камень, который отвергли строители, соделался главою угла:
23 (117-23) это--от Господа, и есть дивно в очах наших.
24 (117-24) Сей день сотворил Господь: возрадуемся и возвеселимся в оный!
25 (117-25) О, Господи, спаси же! О, Господи, споспешествуй же!
26 (117-26) Благословен грядущий во имя Господне! Благословляем вас из дома Господня.
27 (117-27) Бог--Господь, и осиял нас; вяжите вервями жертву, [ведите] к рогам жертвенника.
28 (117-28) Ты Бог мой: буду славить Тебя; Ты Бог мой: буду превозносить Тебя.
29 (117-29) Славьте Господа, ибо Он благ, ибо вовек милость Его.
____

Hebrew Bible

Gen 16:15-17:14 -- Common English Bible

Hagar gave birth to a son for Abram, and Abram named him Ishmael. 16 Abram was 86 years old when Hagar gave birth to Ishmael for Abram.

God’s covenant with Abraham

17 When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am El Shaddai.[a] Walk with me and be trustworthy. I will make a covenant between us and I will give you many, many descendants.” Abram fell on his face, and God said to him, “But me, my covenant is with you; you will be the ancestor of many nations. And because I have made you the ancestor of many nations, your name will no longer be Abram[b] but Abraham.[c] I will make you very fertile. I will produce nations from you, and kings will come from you. I will set up my covenant with you and your descendants after you in every generation as an enduring covenant. I will be your God and your descendants’ God after you. I will give you and your descendants the land in which you are immigrants, the whole land of Canaan, as an enduring possession. And I will be their God.”
God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants in every generation. 10 This is my covenant that you and your descendants must keep: Circumcise every male. 11 You must circumcise the flesh of your foreskins, and it will be a symbol of the covenant between us. 12 On the eighth day after birth, every male in every generation must be circumcised, including those who are not your own children: those born in your household and those purchased with silver from foreigners. 13 Be sure you circumcise those born in your household and those purchased with your silver. Your flesh will embody my covenant as an enduring covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male whose flesh of his foreskin remains uncircumcised will be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant.”

Footnotes:

  1. Genesis 17:1 Or God Almighty or God of the Mountain
  2. Genesis 17:5 Or exalted ancestor
  3. Genesis 17:5 Or ancestor of a multitude
 * * * *

Gen 16:15-17:14 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Агарь родила Авраму сына; и нарек [Аврам] имя сыну своему, рожденному от Агари: Измаил.

16 Аврам был восьмидесяти шести лет, когда Агарь родила Авраму Измаила.

17 Аврам был девяноста девяти лет, и Господь явился Авраму и сказал ему: Я Бог 
Всемогущий; ходи предо Мною и будь непорочен;
2 и поставлю завет Мой между Мною и тобою, и весьма, весьма размножу тебя.
3 И пал Аврам на лице свое. Бог продолжал говорить с ним и сказал:
4 Я--вот завет Мой с тобою: ты будешь отцом множества народов,
5 и не будешь ты больше называться Аврамом, но будет тебе имя: Авраам, ибо Я сделаю тебя отцом множества народов;
6 и весьма, весьма распложу тебя, и произведу от тебя народы, и цари произойдут от тебя;
7 и поставлю завет Мой между Мною и тобою и между потомками твоими после тебя в роды их, завет вечный в том, что Я буду Богом твоим и потомков твоих после тебя;
8 и дам тебе и потомкам твоим после тебя землю, по которой ты странствуешь, всю землю Ханаанскую, во владение вечное; и буду им Богом.
9 И сказал Бог Аврааму: ты же соблюди завет Мой, ты и потомки твои после тебя в роды их.
10 Сей есть завет Мой, который вы [должны] соблюдать между Мною и между вами и между потомками твоими после тебя: да будет у вас обрезан весь мужеский пол;
11 обрезывайте крайнюю плоть вашу: и сие будет знамением завета между Мною и вами.
12 Восьми дней от рождения да будет обрезан у вас в роды ваши всякий [младенец] мужеского пола, рожденный в доме и купленный за серебро у какого-нибудь иноплеменника, который не от твоего семени.
13 Непременно да будет обрезан рожденный в доме твоем и купленный за серебро твое, и будет завет Мой на теле вашем заветом вечным.
14 Необрезанный же мужеского пола, который не обрежет крайней плоти своей, истребится душа та из народа своего, [ибо] он нарушил завет Мой.
____

Epistle

Hebrews 10:1-10 -- Common English Bible

Christ’s once-for-all sacrifice

The Law is a shadow of the good things that are coming, not the real things themselves. It never can perfect the ones who are trying to draw near to God through the same sacrifices that are offered continually every year. Otherwise, wouldn’t they have stopped being offered? If the people carrying out their religious duties had been completely cleansed once, no one would have been aware of sin anymore. Instead, these sacrifices are a reminder of sin every year, because it’s impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Therefore, when he comes into the world he says,
You didn’t want a sacrifice or an offering,
    but you prepared a body for me;
you weren’t pleased with entirely burned offerings or a sin offering.
 

    So then I said,
    Look, I’ve come to do your will, God.
    This has been written about me in the scroll.[a]

He says above, You didn’t want and you weren’t pleased with a sacrifice or an offering or with entirely burned offerings or a purification offering,[b] which are offered because the Law requires them. Then he said, Look, I’ve come to do your will.[c] He puts an end to the first to establish the second. 10 We have been made holy by God’s will through the offering of Jesus Christ’s body once for all.

Footnotes:

  1. Hebrews 10:7 Ps 40:6-8
  2. Hebrews 10:8 Ps 40:6
  3. Hebrews 10:9 Ps 40:7-8
 * * * *

Hebrews 10:1-10 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус Христос – окончательная жертва за грехи

Закон – это лишь тень тех благ, которые ожидают людей в будущем, а не сами эти блага. Поэтому Закон не может сделать совершенными тех, кто приходит, чтобы постоянно, из года в год, приносить те же самые жертвы. 2 Если бы Закон был в состоянии это сделать, то разве они не перестали бы приносить свои жертвы? Поклоняющиеся были бы очищены раз и навсегда, и больше не чувствовали бы вины за свои грехи. 3 Но эти жертвы служат для того, чтобы из года в год напоминать о грехе, 4 потому что кровь быков и козлов не может устранять грехи.

5 Поэтому, входя в этот мир, Он сказал:

«Не захотел Ты ни жертв, ни даров,
    но Ты приготовил тело для Меня.
6
 Тебя не радуют ни всесожжения,
    ни жертвы за грех.
 

7 Тогда Я сказал: “Вот, Я иду,
    как и написано в свитке обо Мне,
чтобы исполнить волю
Твою, Боже!”»[a]

8 Итак, вначале Он сказал: «Не захотел Ты ни жертв, ни даров, ни всесожжений, ни жертв за грех, они Тебя не радуют и Ты не доволен ими». Он сказал это несмотря на то, что все это требовалось по Закону. 9 Потом Он добавил: «Вот, Я иду, чтобы исполнить волю Твою». Он отменяет первое и вводит в силу второе. 10 И потому, что Он исполнил волю Божью, мы были раз и навсегда освящены принесением в жертву тела Иисуса Христа.

Footnotes:

  1. К Евреям 10:7 См. Пс. 39:7-9.
____

Gospel

John 5:30-47 -- Common English Bible

I can’t do anything by myself. Whatever I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just. I don’t seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

Witnesses to Jesus

31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony isn’t true. 32 There is someone else who testifies about me, and I know his testimony about me is true. 33 You sent a delegation to John, and he testified to the truth. 34 Although I don’t accept human testimony, I say these things so that you can be saved. 35 John was a burning and shining lamp, and, at least for a while, you were willing to celebrate in his light.

36 “I have a witness greater than John’s testimony. The Father has given me works to do so that I might complete them. These works I do testify about me that the Father sent me.  

37 And the Father who sent me testifies about me. You have never even heard his voice or seen his form, 38 and you don’t have his word dwelling with you because you don’t believe the one whom he has sent. 39 Examine the scriptures, since you think that in them you have eternal life. They also testify about me, 40 yet you don’t want to come to me so that you can have life.

41 “I don’t accept praise from people, 42 but I know you, that you don’t have God’s love in you. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you don’t receive me. If others come in their own name, you receive them. 44 How can you believe when you receive praise from each other but don’t seek the praise that comes from the only God?

45 “Don’t think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, the one in whom your hope rests. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, because Moses wrote about me. 47 If you don’t believe the writings of Moses, how will you believe my words?”

John 5:30-47 -- Contemporary English Version 

 * * * *

John 5:30-47 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Я не могу ничего делать Сам от Себя. Я сужу так, как Мне сказано, и Мой суд справедлив, потому что Я стремлюсь исполнить не Свою волю, а волю Пославшего Меня.

Иисус подтверждает истинность Своих слов

31 – Если бы Я свидетельствовал Сам о Себе, то свидетельство Мое было бы недействительно[a], 32 но обо Мне свидетельствует еще один свидетель, и Я знаю, что Его свидетельство обо Мне истинно. 33 Вы посылали к Иоанну, и он свидетельствовал об истине. 34 Я не нуждаюсь в свидетельстве людей, но говорю об этом, чтобы вы были спасены. 35 Иоанн был горящим и сияющим светильником, и вы хотели хоть некоторое время порадоваться при его свете.

36 Но у Меня есть свидетельство сильнее Иоаннова. Дела, которые Отец поручил Мне совершить и которые Я совершаю, свидетельствуют о том, что Отец послал Меня. 37 Обо Мне свидетельствует и Сам Отец, пославший Меня. Вы никогда не слышали Его голоса и не видели Его облика. 38 Его слово не живет в вас, потому что вы не верите Тому, Кого Он послал. 39 Вы старательно исследуете Писания, надеясь через них получить жизнь вечную. А ведь Писания свидетельствуют обо Мне. 40 Однако вы отказываетесь прийти ко Мне, чтобы получить жизнь.

41 Мне не нужна слава от людей, 42 но Я знаю вас: в ваших сердцах нет любви к Богу.  

43 Я пришел во Имя Моего Отца, и вы Меня не принимаете, но когда кто-либо другой придет во имя самого себя – его вы примете. 44 Как вы можете поверить, когда вы ищете похвалы друг от друга, но не прилагаете никаких усилий, чтобы получить похвалу от единого Бога? 45 Не думайте, однако, что Я буду обвинять вас перед Отцом. Ваш обвинитель – Моисей, на которого вы возлагаете ваши надежды. 46 Если бы вы верили Моисею, то верили бы и Мне, потому что Моисей писал обо Мне[b].  

47 Но если вы не верите тому, что он написал, то как вы можете поверить Моим словам?

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 5:31 По Закону требовалось свидетельство двух или трех человек (см. Втор. 19:15). Здесь мы видим пять свидетельств об Иисусе: Иоанн (стих 33), дела Иисуса (ст. 36), Отец Небесный (ст. 37), Писание (ст. 39) и Моисей (ст. 46).
  2. От Иоанна 5:46 Во всех частях Закона Моисей пророчески писал о Христе. Например, Быт. 49:10; Исх. 12:21; Лев. 17:11; Чис. 24:17; Втор. 18:15.




No comments:

Post a Comment