Monday, February 3, 2014

January 25, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2



Psalter

Morning

Psalm 31 – Amplified Bible

 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

In You, O Lord, do I put my trust and seek refuge; let me never be put to shame or [have my hope in You] disappointed; deliver me in Your righteousness!
Bow down Your ear to me, deliver me speedily! Be my Rock of refuge, a strong Fortress to save me!
Yes, You are my Rock and my Fortress; therefore for Your name’s sake lead me and guide me.
Draw me out of the net that they have laid secretly for me, for You are my Strength and my Stronghold.
Into Your hands I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, the God of truth and faithfulness.
[You and] I abhor those who pay regard to vain idols; but I trust in, rely on, and confidently lean on the Lord.
I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy and steadfast love, because You have seen my affliction, You have taken note of my life’s distresses,
And You have not given me into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a broad place.
Have mercy and be gracious unto me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; with grief my eye is weakened, also my inner self and my body.
10 For my life is spent with sorrow and my years with sighing; my strength has failed because of my iniquity, and even my bones have wasted away.
11 To all my enemies I have become a reproach, but especially to my neighbors, and a dread to my acquaintances, who flee from me on the street.
12 I am forgotten like a dead man, and out of mind; like a broken vessel am I.
13 For I have heard the slander of many; terror is on every side! While they schemed together against me, they plotted to take my life.
14 But I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O Lord; I said, You are my God.
15 My times are in Your hands; deliver me from the hands of my foes and those who pursue me and persecute me.
16 Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me for Your mercy’s sake and in Your loving-kindness.
17 Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, or disappointed, for I am calling upon You; let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol (the place of the dead).
18 Let the lying lips be silenced, which speak insolently against the [consistently] righteous with pride and contempt.
19 Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear, revere, and worship You, goodness which You have wrought for those who trust and take refuge in You before the sons of men!
20 In the secret place of Your presence You hide them from the plots of men; You keep them secretly in Your pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21 Blessed be the Lord! For He has shown me His marvelous loving favor when I was beset as in a besieged city.
22 As for me, I said in my haste and alarm, I am cut off from before Your eyes. But You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried to You for aid.
23 O love the Lord, all you His saints! The Lord preserves the faithful, and plentifully pays back him who deals haughtily.
24 Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord!

* * * *

Псалтирь 31

Psalm 31 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(31-1) ^^Псалом Давида. Учение.^^ Блажен, кому отпущены беззакония, и чьи грехи покрыты!
2 (31-2) Блажен человек, которому Господь не вменит греха, и в чьем духе нет лукавства!
3 (31-3) Когда я молчал, обветшали кости мои от вседневного стенания моего,
4 (31-4) ибо день и ночь тяготела надо мною рука Твоя; свежесть моя исчезла, как в летнюю засуху.
5 (31-5) Но я открыл Тебе грех мой и не скрыл беззакония моего; я сказал: 'исповедаю Господу преступления мои', и Ты снял с меня вину греха моего.
6 (31-6) За то помолится Тебе каждый праведник во время благопотребное, и тогда разлитие многих вод не достигнет его.
7 (31-7) Ты покров мой: Ты охраняешь меня от скорби, окружаешь меня радостями избавления.
8 (31-8) 'Вразумлю тебя, наставлю тебя на путь, по которому тебе идти; буду руководить тебя, око Мое над тобою'.
9 (31-9) 'Не будьте как конь, как лошак несмысленный, которых челюсти нужно обуздывать уздою и удилами, чтобы они покорялись тебе'.
10 (31-10) Много скорбей нечестивому, а уповающего на Господа окружает милость.
11 (31-11) Веселитесь о Господе и радуйтесь, праведные; торжествуйте, все правые сердцем.

 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 35 – Amplified Bible

[A Psalm] of David.

Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!
Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help!
Draw out also the spear and javelin and close up the way of those who pursue and persecute me. Say to me, I am your deliverance!
Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek and require my life; let them be turned back and confounded who plan my hurt!
Let them be as chaff before the wind, with the [a]Angel of the Lord driving them on!
Let their way be through dark and slippery places, with the Angel of the Lord pursuing and afflicting them.
For without cause they hid for me their net; a pit of destruction without cause they dug for my life.
Let destruction befall [my foe] unawares; let the net he hid for me catch him; let him fall into that very destruction.
Then I shall be joyful in the Lord; I shall rejoice in His deliverance.
10 All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like You, You Who deliver the poor and the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, yes, the poor and the needy from him who snatches away his goods?
11 Malicious and unrighteous witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I know not.
12 They reward me evil for good to my personal bereavement.
13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I afflicted myself with fasting, and I prayed with head bowed on my breast.
14 I behaved as if grieving for my friend or my brother; I bowed down in sorrow, as one who bewails his mother.
15 But in my stumbling and limping they rejoiced and gathered together [against me]; the smiters (slanderers and revilers) gathered against me, and I knew them not; they ceased not to slander and revile me.
16 Like profane mockers at feasts [making sport for the price of a cake] they gnashed at me with their teeth.
17 Lord, how long will You look on [without action]? Rescue my life from their destructions, my dear and only life from the lions!
18 I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among a mighty throng.
19 Let not those who are wrongfully my foes rejoice over me; neither let them wink with the eye who hate me without cause.
20 For they do not speak peace, but they devise deceitful matters against those who are quiet in the land.
21 Yes, they open their mouths wide against me; they say, Aha! Aha! Our eyes have seen it!
22 You have seen this, O Lord; keep not silence! O Lord, be not far from me!
23 Arouse Yourself, awake to the justice due me, even to my cause, my God and my Lord!
24 Judge and vindicate me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness (Your rightness and justice); and let [my foes] not rejoice over me!
25 Let them not say in their hearts, Aha, that is what we wanted! Let them not say, We have swallowed him up and utterly destroyed him.
26 Let them be put to shame and confusion together who rejoice at my calamity! Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor who magnify and exalt themselves over me!
27 Let those who favor my righteous cause and have pleasure in my uprightness shout for joy and be glad and say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, Who takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.
28 And my tongue shall talk of Your righteousness, rightness, and justice, and of [my reasons for] Your praise all the day long.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 35:5 See footnote on Gen. 16:7.
 * * * *

Псалтирь 35

Psalm 35 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(35-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Раба Господня Давида.^^ (35-2) Нечестие беззаконного говорит в сердце моем: нет страха Божия пред глазами его,
2 (35-3) ибо он льстит себе в глазах своих, будто отыскивает беззаконие свое, чтобы возненавидеть его;
3 (35-4) слова уст его--неправда и лукавство; не хочет он вразумиться, чтобы делать добро;
4 (35-5) на ложе своем замышляет беззаконие, становится на путь недобрый, не гнушается злом.
5 (35-6) Господи! милость Твоя до небес, истина Твоя до облаков!
6 (35-7) Правда Твоя, как горы Божии, и судьбы Твои--бездна великая! Человеков и скотов хранишь Ты, Господи!
7 (35-8) Как драгоценна милость Твоя, Боже! Сыны человеческие в тени крыл Твоих покойны:
8 (35-9) насыщаются от тука дома Твоего, и из потока сладостей Твоих Ты напояешь их,
9 (35-10) ибо у Тебя источник жизни; во свете Твоем мы видим свет.
10 (35-11) Продли милость Твою к знающим Тебя и правду Твою к правым сердцем,
11 (35-12) да не наступит на меня нога гордыни, и рука грешника да не изгонит меня:
12 (35-13) там пали делающие беззаконие, низринуты и не могут встать.
____

Hebrew Bible

Genesis 11:27-12:8 – Amplified Bible

 Now this is the history of the descendants of Terah. Terah was the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran was the father of Lot.

28 Haran died before his father Terah [died] in the land of his birth, in [a]Ur of the Chaldees.

29 And Abram and Nahor took wives. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milcah, the daughter of Haran the father of Milcah and Iscah.

30 But Sarai was barren; she had no child.

31 And Terah took Abram his son, Lot the son of Haran, his grandson, and Sarai his daughter-in-law, his son Abram’s wife, and they went forth together to go from Ur of the Chaldees into the land of Canaan; but when they came to Haran, they settled there.

32 And Terah lived 205 years; and Terah died in Haran.

12 Now [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I will show you.

And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].

And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and [b]curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves].

So Abram departed, as the Lord had directed him; and Lot [his nephew] went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran.

Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the persons [servants] that they had acquired in Haran, and they went forth to go to the land of Canaan. When they came to the land of Canaan,

Abram passed through the land to the locality of Shechem, to the oak or terebinth tree of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.

Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, I will give this land to your posterity. So Abram built an altar there to the Lord, Who had appeared to him.
From there he pulled up [his tent pegs] and departed to the mountain on the east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; and there he built an altar to the Lord and called upon the name of the Lord.

Footnotes:
  1. Genesis 11:28 Abram’s home town was Ur of the Chaldees. As the result of extensive archaeological excavations there by C. Leonard Woolley in 1922-34, a great deal is known about Abram’s background. Space will not permit more than a glimpse at excavated Ur, but a few items will show the high state of civilization. The entire house of the average middle-class person had from ten to twenty rooms and measured forty to fifty-two feet; the lower floor was for servants, the upper floor for the family, with five rooms for their use; additionally, there was a guest chamber and a lavatory reserved for visitors, and a private chapel. A school was found and what the students studied was shown by the clay tablets discovered there. In the days of Abram the pupils had reading, writing, and arithmetic as today. They learned the multiplication and division tables and even worked at square and cube root. A bill of lading of about 2040 b.c. (about the era in which Abram is believed to have lived) showed that the commerce of that time was far-reaching. Even the name “Abraham” has been found on the excavated clay tablets (J.P. Free, Archaeology and Bible History).
  2. Genesis 12:3 To look with disfavor on the Jews was to invite God’s displeasure; to treat the Jews offensively was to incur His wrath. But to befriend the Jews was to bring down upon one’s head the rewards of a promise that could not be broken.
 * * * *

 Бытие 11:27-12:8

Genesis 11:27-12:8 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Родословие Тераха и его переселение с Халдейской земли в Аран

27 Вот родословие Тераха.

У Тераха родились Аврам, Нахор и Аран. У Арана родился Лот. 28 Когда его отец Терах был еще жив, Аран умер в Уре Халдейском, в земле, где он родился. 29 Аврам и Нахор взяли себе жен. Жену Аврама звали Сара, а жену Нахора – Милка, она была дочерью Арана, отца Милки и Иски. 30 Сара была бесплодна, и у нее не было детей.

31 Терах взял своего сына Аврама, своего внука Лота, сына Арана, и свою невестку Сару, жену Аврама, и вместе они отправились из Ура Халдейского в Ханаан. Но, дойдя до Харрана, они поселились там. 32 Терах жил двести пять лет и умер в Харране.

Призвание Аврама и благословение через это всех народов

12 Господь сказал Авраму:
– Оставь свою страну, свой народ и отцовский дом и иди в землю, которую Я тебе укажу.
2 Я произведу от тебя великий народ
    и благословлю тебя;
Я возвеличу твое имя,
    и ты будешь благословением.
3
 Я благословлю тех, кто благословляет тебя,
    и прокляну того, кто проклинает тебя;
и через тебя получат благословение
    все народы на земле.

4 И Аврам отправился в путь, как сказал ему Бог, и Лот пошел вместе с ним. Авраму было семьдесят пять лет, когда он ушел из Харрана. 5 Он взял с собой жену Сару, племянника Лота, все имущество, которое они нажили, и людей, которых они приобрели в Харране. Они отправились в землю Ханаана и пришли туда. 6 Аврам прошел по этой земле до того места в Шехеме, где стояло великое дерево Море; в то время там жили хананеи. Господь явился Авраму и сказал:
– Я дам эту землю твоему потомству[a].
Аврам построил там жертвенник Господу, Который явился ему.

8 Оттуда он двинулся в горную местность к востоку от Вефиля и поставил шатер между Вефилем на западе и Гаем на востоке. Там он построил жертвенник Господу и призвал Имя Господа.

Footnotes:

  1. Бытие 12:7 Букв.: «семени». Еврейский термин «семя» – ключевой термин в Ветхом Завете. Он имеет форму единственного числа, но может указывать как на одного потомка человека, так и на все его потомство в целом. Весьма вероятно, что в большинстве случаев эта двусмысленность применялась намеренно. В Гал. 3:16 апостол Павел строет на этом термине свою аргументацию с целью показать, что обещание, данное Аврааму, исполнилось в Иисусе Христе. Так же в стт. 13:15; 21:12; 22:18; 24:7.
____

Epistle

Hebrews 7:1-17 – Amplified Bible

For this Melchizedek, king of Salem [and] priest of the Most High God, met Abraham as he returned from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

And Abraham gave to him a tenth portion of all [the spoil]. He is primarily, as his name when translated indicates, king of righteousness, and then he is also king of Salem, which means king of peace.

Without [record of] father or mother or ancestral line, neither with beginning of days nor ending of life, but, resembling the Son of God, he continues to be a priest without interruption and without successor.

Now observe and consider how great [a personage] this was to whom even Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth [the topmost or the pick of the heap] of the spoils.

And it is true that those descendants of Levi who are charged with the priestly office are commanded in the Law to take tithes from the people—which means, from their brethren—though these have descended from Abraham.

But this person who has not their Levitical ancestry received tithes from Abraham [himself] and blessed him who possessed the promises [of God].

Yet it is beyond all contradiction that it is the lesser person who is blessed by the greater one.

Furthermore, here [in the Levitical priesthood] tithes are received by men who are subject to death; while there [in the case of Melchizedek], they are received by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually].

A person might even say that Levi [the father of the priestly tribe] himself, who received tithes (the tenth), paid tithes through Abraham,

10 For he was still in the loins of his forefather [Abraham] when Melchizedek met him [Abraham].

11 Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood—for under it the people were given the Law—why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, one after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron?

12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.

13 For the One of Whom these things are said belonged [not to the priestly line but] to another tribe, no member of which has officiated at the altar.

14 For it is obvious that our Lord sprang from the tribe of Judah, and Moses mentioned nothing about priests in connection with that tribe.

15 And this becomes more plainly evident when another Priest arises Who bears the likeness of Melchizedek,

16 Who has been constituted a Priest, not on the basis of a bodily legal requirement [an externally imposed command concerning His physical ancestry], but on the basis of the power of an endless and indestructible Life.

17 For it is witnessed of Him, You are a Priest forever after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek.

 * * * *

К Евреям 7:1-17

Hebrews 7:1-17 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Священник Мелхиседек выше Авраама и всех иудейских священников

Этот Мелхиседек был царем Салима и священником Всевышнего Бога. Он встретил Авраама, возвращавшегося со сражения после победы над царями, и благословил его. 2 Авраам отдал ему десятую часть всего, что у него было. Само его имя «Мелхиседек» означает «царь праведности», а его титул «царь Салима» означает «царь, несущий мир». 3 Нигде не написано ни о его отце, ни о матери, ни о других его предках, ни о начале, ни о конце его жизни, но он, уподобленный Сыну Божьему, остается священником вовеки[a].

4 Смотрите, насколько он был велик! Даже наш праотец Авраам дал ему десятую часть захваченного на войне. 5 В Законе имеется повеление, согласно которому члены рода Левия[b], ставшие священниками, собирают с народа, то есть со своих братьев, десятую часть их дохода, хотя и они потомки Авраама[c]. 6 Но Мелхиседек, будучи священником не из рода Левия, принял десятую часть добычи Авраама и благословил его, того, кто уже имел обещания Божьи. 7 Благословляет всегда тот, кто стоит выше благословляемого (это правило не имеет исключений). 8 Десятую часть доходов принимают обычно смертные люди, но о Мелхиседеке засвидетельствовано, что он жив. 9 В каком-то смысле и сам Левий, получающий десятины, через Авраама дал десятую часть доходов Мелхиседеку, 10 потому что, когда Мелхиседек встретил Авраама, Левий, еще не рожденный, был в чреслах[d] Авраама.

Мелхиседек – прообраз Иисуса Христа

11 Если бы совершенство достигалось через священство левитов (а оно было существенной частью Закона, который был дан народу), то разве была бы нужда в другом священнике – по чину Мелхиседека, а не по чину Аарона? 12 Когда происходит перемена священства, одновременно должна произойти и перемена Закона. 13 Тот же, о Ком мы сейчас говорим, принадлежал к роду, из которого никто и никогда не служил у жертвенника. 14 Ведь известно, что наш Господь был из рода Иуды, а Моисей не сказал ничего о священниках из этого рода. 15 Нам становится еще яснее, что Закон изменился, когда появляется другой священник – по подобию Мелхиседека. 16 Он стал священником не по Закону, который требовал принадлежности к определенному роду, а по силе, которая заложена в вечной жизни. 17 Ведь Писание свидетельствует:
«Ты – священник навеки по чину Мелхиседека»[e].

Footnotes:

  1. К Евреям 7:3 См. Быт. 14:17-20.
  2. К Евреям 7:5 Левий – родоначальник священнического рода левитов, был одним из двенадцати сыновей Иакова, внука Авраама.
  3. К Евреям 7:5 См. Чис. 18:21, 26.
  4. К Евреям 7:10 Чресла – бедра, поясница, низ живота.
  5. К Евреям 7:17 См. Пс. 109:4.
____

Gospel

John 4:16-26 – Amplified Bible

At this, Jesus said to her, Go, call your husband and come back here.

17 The woman answered, I have no husband. Jesus said to her, You have spoken truly in saying, I have no husband.
18 For you have had five husbands, and the man you are now living with is not your husband. In this you have spoken truly.

19 The woman said to Him, Sir, I see and understand that You are a prophet.

20 Our forefathers worshiped on this mountain, but you [Jews] say that Jerusalem is the place where it is necessary and proper to worship.

21 Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither [merely] in this mountain nor [merely] in Jerusalem.

22 You [Samaritans] do not know what you are worshiping [you worship what you do not comprehend]. We do know what we are worshiping [we worship what we have knowledge of and understand], for [after all] salvation comes from [among] the Jews.

23 A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers.

24 God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality).

25 The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming, He Who is called the Christ (the Anointed One); and when He arrives, He will tell us everything we need to know and make it clear to us.

26 Jesus said to her, I Who now speak with you am He.

 * * * *

John 4:16-26 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Он сказал ей:

– Пойди, позови своего мужа и возвращайся сюда.

17 – У меня нет мужа, – ответила женщина.

Иисус сказал ей:

– Ты права, когда говоришь, что у тебя нет мужа. 18 Ведь у тебя было пять мужей, и тот, с кем ты сейчас живешь, не муж тебе; это ты правду сказала.

19 – Господин, – сказала женщина, – я вижу, что Ты пророк. 20 Так объясни же мне, почему наши отцы поклонялись на этой горе[a], а вы, иудеи, говорите, что Богу следует поклоняться в Иерусалиме?

21 Иисус ответил:

– Поверь Мне, женщина, настанет время, когда вы будете поклоняться Отцу не на этой горе и не в Иерусалиме. 22 Вы, самаряне, и сами толком не знаете, чему вы поклоняетесь, мы же знаем, чему поклоняемся, ведь спасение – от иудеев. 23 Но наступит время, и уже наступило, когда истинные поклонники будут поклоняться Отцу в духе и истине, потому что именно таких поклонников ищет Себе Отец. 24 Бог есть Дух, и поклоняющиеся Ему должны поклоняться в духе и истине.

25 Женщина сказала:

– Я знаю, что должен прийти Мессия[b], Которого называют Христом; вот когда Он придет, Он нам все и объяснит.

26 Иисус сказал ей:

– Это Я, Тот, Кто говорит с тобой.

Footnotes:
  1. От Иоанна 4:20 На этой горе – самаряне поклонялись Богу на горе Геризим, которая находится на расстоянии более 40 километров севернее от Иерусалима.
  2. От Иоанна 4:25 Мессия – самаряне, также как и иудеи, ожидали Мессию. Но, признавая только Закон, они не могли считать его Царем из потомков Давида. По их понятиям Мессия, которого они называли Тахеб, должен был быть пророком, учителем и законодателем, подобным Моисею, который разрешит все их проблемы (см. Втор. 18:15-18).




No comments:

Post a Comment