Monday, February 3, 2014

January 24, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2


Psalter

Morning

Psalm 31 – Names of God Bible

For the choir director; a psalm by David.

I have taken refuge in you, O Yahweh.
    
Never let me be put to shame.
        
Save me because of your righteousness.
        Turn your ear toward me.
        
Rescue me quickly.
        
Be a rock of refuge for me,
            
a strong Metsuda to save me.
Indeed, you are my rock and my Metsuda.
    
For the sake of your name, lead me and guide me.
        You are my refuge,
            
so pull me out of the net that they have secretly laid for me.
Into your hands I entrust my spirit.
    
You have rescued me, O Yahweh, El of truth.
I hate those who cling to false gods, but I trust Yahweh.
I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy.
    
You have seen my misery.
    
You have known the troubles in my soul.
You have not handed me over to the enemy.
    
You have set my feet in a place where I can move freely.
Have pity on me, O Yahweh, because I am in distress.
    
My eyes, my soul, and my body waste away from grief.
10 My life is exhausted from sorrow,
    
my years from groaning.
    
My strength staggers under the weight of my guilt,
        
and my bones waste away.
11 I have become a disgrace because of all my opponents.
    
I have become someone dreaded by my friends,
        
even by my neighbors.
            
Those who see me on the street run away from me.
12 I have faded from memory as if I were dead
    
and have become like a piece of broken pottery.
13 I have heard the whispering of many people—
    
terror on every side—
        
while they made plans together against me.
            
They were plotting to take my life.
14 I trust you, O Yahweh.
    
I said, “You are my Elohim.”
15 My future is in your hands.
    
Rescue me from my enemies, from those who persecute me.
16 Smile on me.
    
Save me with your mercy.
17 O Yahweh, I have called on you, so do not let me be put to shame.
    
Let wicked people be put to shame.
    
Let them be silent in the grave.
18 Let their lying lips be speechless,
    
since they speak against righteous people with arrogance and contempt.
19 Your kindness is so great!
    
You reserve it for those who fear you.
        
Adam’s descendants watch
            
as you show it to those who take refuge in you.
20 You hide them in the secret place of your presence
    
from those who scheme against them.
    
You keep them in a shelter,
        
safe from quarrelsome tongues.
21 Thank Yahweh!
    
He has shown me the miracle of his mercy
        
in a city under attack.
22 When I was panic-stricken, I said,
    
“I have been cut off from your sight.”
    
But you heard my pleas for mercy when I cried out to you for help.
23 Love Yahweh, all you godly ones!
    
Yahweh protects faithful people,
        
but he pays back in full those who act arrogantly.
24 Be strong, all who wait with hope for Yahweh,
    
and let your heart be courageous.
 * * * *

Псалтирь 31 (32)

 Psalm 31  -- Russian Synodal Version

(31-1) ^^Псалом Давида. Учение.^^ Блажен, кому отпущены беззакония, и чьи грехи покрыты!
2 (31-2) Блажен человек, которому Господь не вменит греха, и в чьем духе нет лукавства!
3 (31-3) Когда я молчал, обветшали кости мои от вседневного стенания моего,
4 (31-4) ибо день и ночь тяготела надо мною рука Твоя; свежесть моя исчезла, как в летнюю засуху.
5 (31-5) Но я открыл Тебе грех мой и не скрыл беззакония моего; я сказал: 'исповедаю Господу преступления мои', и Ты снял с меня вину греха моего.
6 (31-6) За то помолится Тебе каждый праведник во время благопотребное, и тогда разлитие многих вод не достигнет его.
7 (31-7) Ты покров мой: Ты охраняешь меня от скорби, окружаешь меня радостями избавления.
8 (31-8) 'Вразумлю тебя, наставлю тебя на путь, по которому тебе идти; буду руководить тебя, око Мое над тобою'.
9 (31-9) 'Не будьте как конь, как лошак несмысленный, которых челюсти нужно обуздывать уздою и удилами, чтобы они покорялись тебе'.
10 (31-10) Много скорбей нечестивому, а уповающего на Господа окружает милость.
11 (31-11) Веселитесь о Господе и радуйтесь, праведные; торжествуйте, все правые сердцем.
* * * *

Evening

Psalm 35 – Names of God Bible

By David.

O Yahweh, attack those who attack me.
    
Fight against those who fight against me.
Use your shields, both small and large.
    
Arise to help me.
Hold your spear to block the way of those who pursue me.
    
Say to my soul, “I am your savior.”
Let those who seek my life be put to shame and disgraced.
    
Let those who plan my downfall be turned back in confusion.
Let them be like husks blown by the wind
    
as the Messenger of Yahweh chases them.
Let their path be dark and slippery
    
as the Messenger of Yahweh pursues them.
For no reason they hid their net in a pit.
    
For no reason they dug the pit to trap me.
Let destruction surprise them.
    
Let the net that they hid catch them.
    
Let them fall into their own pit and be destroyed.
My soul will find joy in Yahweh
    
and be joyful about his salvation.
10 All my bones will say, “O Yahweh, who can compare with you?
    
You rescue the weak person from the one who is too strong for him
        
and weak and needy people from the one who robs them.”
11 Malicious people bring charges against me.
    
They ask me things I know nothing about.
12 I am devastated
    
because they pay me back with evil instead of good.
13 But when they were sick, I wore sackcloth.
    
I humbled myself with fasting.
    
When my prayer returned unanswered,
14 I walked around as if I were mourning for my friend or my brother.
    
I was bent over as if I were mourning for my mother.
15 Yet, when I stumbled,
    
they rejoiced and gathered together.
    
They gathered together against me.
        
Unknown attackers tore me apart without stopping.
16 With crude and abusive mockers,
    
they grit their teeth at me.
17 O Adonay, how long will you look on?
    
Rescue me from their attacks.
    
Rescue my precious life from the lions.
18 I will give you thanks in a large gathering.
    
I will praise you in a crowd of worshipers.
19 Do not let my treacherous enemies gloat over me.
    
Do not let those who hate me for no reason wink at me.
20 They do not talk about peace.
    
Instead, they scheme against the peaceful people in the land.
21 They open their big mouths and say about me,
    
“Aha! Aha! Our own eyes have seen it.”
22 You have seen it, O Yahweh.
    
Do not remain silent.
    
O Adonay, do not be so far away from me.
23 Wake up, and rise to my defense.
    
Plead my case, O my Elohim and my Adonay.
24 Judge me by your righteousness, O Yahweh my Elohim.
    
Do not let them gloat over me
25 or think, “Aha, just what we wanted!”
    
Do not let them say, “We have swallowed him up.”
26 Let those who gloat over my downfall
    
be thoroughly put to shame and confused.
    
Let those who promote themselves at my expense
    
be clothed with shame and disgrace.
27 Let those who are happy when I am declared innocent
    
joyfully sing and rejoice.
    
Let them continually say, “Yahweh is great.
    
He is happy when his servant has peace.”
28 Then my tongue will tell about your righteousness,
    
about your praise all day long.
 * * * *

Псалтирь 35 (36)

 Psalm 35 -- Russian Synodal Version
(35-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Раба Господня Давида.^^ (35-2) Нечестие беззаконного говорит в сердце моем: нет страха Божия пред глазами его,
2 (35-3) ибо он льстит себе в глазах своих, будто отыскивает беззаконие свое, чтобы возненавидеть его;
3 (35-4) слова уст его--неправда и лукавство; не хочет он вразумиться, чтобы делать добро;
4 (35-5) на ложе своем замышляет беззаконие, становится на путь недобрый, не гнушается злом.
5 (35-6) Господи! милость Твоя до небес, истина Твоя до облаков!
6 (35-7) Правда Твоя, как горы Божии, и судьбы Твои--бездна великая! Человеков и скотов хранишь Ты, Господи!
7 (35-8) Как драгоценна милость Твоя, Боже! Сыны человеческие в тени крыл Твоих покойны:
8 (35-9) насыщаются от тука дома Твоего, и из потока сладостей Твоих Ты напояешь их,
9 (35-10) ибо у Тебя источник жизни; во свете Твоем мы видим свет.
10 (35-11) Продли милость Твою к знающим Тебя и правду Твою к правым сердцем,
11 (35-12) да не наступит на меня нога гордыни, и рука грешника да не изгонит меня:
12 (35-13) там пали делающие беззаконие, низринуты и не могут встать.
____

Hebrew Bible

Genesis 11:27-12:8 – Names of God Bible

Terah Moves to Haran

27 This is the account of Terah and his descendants. Terah was the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran. Haran was the father of Lot. 28 While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, his native land. 29 Both Abram and Nahor married. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milcah, daughter of Haran. (Haran was the father of Milcah and Iscah.) 30 Sarai was not able to have children.

31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot (son of Haran), and his daughter-in-law Sarai, wife of his son Abram. They set out together from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. When they came as far as Haran, they stayed there. 32 Terah lived 205 years and died in Haran.

The Lord’s First Promise to Abram

12 Yahweh said to Abram,
“Leave your land,
    
your relatives,
        
and your father’s home.
Go to the land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation,
I will bless you.
I will make your name great,
    
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
    
and whoever curses you, I will curse.
        
Through you every family on earth will be blessed.”

The Lord’s Second Promise to Abram

So Abram left, as Yahweh had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he left Haran. Abram set out for Canaan. He took along his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all the possessions they had accumulated and the servants they had acquired in Haran.
They arrived in Canaan,[a] and Abram traveled through the land to the oak tree belonging to Moreh at Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land. Then Yahweh appeared to Abram and said, “I’m going to give this land to your descendants.” So he built an altar there to Yahweh, who had appeared to him.
He moved on to the hills east of Bethel, and he put up his tent—with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. He also built an altar to Yahweh there and worshiped Yahweh.

Footnotes:

  1. Genesis 12:6 English equivalent difficult.
 * * * *

Бытие 11:27-12:8

 Genesis 11:27-12:8 -- Russian Synodal Version
Вот родословие Фарры: Фарра родил Аврама, Нахора и Арана. Аран родил Лота.
28 И умер Аран при Фарре, отце своем, в земле рождения своего, в Уре Халдейском.
29 Аврам и Нахор взяли себе жен; имя жены Аврамовой: Сара; имя жены Нахоровой: Милка, дочь Арана, отца Милки и отца Иски.
30 И Сара была неплодна и бездетна.
31 И взял Фарра Аврама, сына своего, и Лота, сына Аранова, внука своего, и Сару, невестку свою, жену Аврама, сына своего, и вышел с ними из Ура Халдейского, чтобы идти в землю Ханаанскую; но, дойдя до Харрана, они остановились там.
32 И было дней [жизни] Фарры двести пять лет, и умер Фарра в Харране.
12 И сказал Господь Авраму: пойди из земли твоей, от родства твоего и из дома отца твоего, в землю, которую Я укажу тебе;
2 и Я произведу от тебя великий народ, и благословлю тебя, и возвеличу имя твое, и будешь ты в благословение;
3 Я благословлю благословляющих тебя, и злословящих тебя прокляну; и благословятся в тебе все племена земные.
4 И пошел Аврам, как сказал ему Господь; и с ним пошел Лот. Аврам был семидесяти пяти лет, когда вышел из Харрана.
5 И взял Аврам с собою Сару, жену свою, Лота, сына брата своего, и все имение, которое они приобрели, и всех людей, которых они имели в Харране; и вышли, чтобы идти в землю Ханаанскую; и пришли в землю Ханаанскую.
6 И прошел Аврам по земле сей до места Сихема, до дубравы Море. В этой земле тогда [жили] Хананеи.
7 И явился Господь Авраму и сказал: потомству твоему отдам Я землю сию. И создал [он] там жертвенник Господу, Который явился ему.
8 Оттуда двинулся он к горе, на восток от Вефиля; и поставил шатер свой [так, что от него] Вефиль [был] на запад, а Гай на восток; и создал там жертвенник Господу и призвал имя Господа.
____

Epistle

Hebrews 7:1-17 – Names of God Bible

Christ Is Superior to Melchizedek

Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of the Most High God. He met Abraham and blessed him when Abraham was returning from defeating the kings. Abraham gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything he had captured.
In the first place, Melchizedek’s name means king of righteousness. He is also called king of Salem (which means king of peace). No one knows anything about Melchizedek’s father, mother, or ancestors. No one knows when he was born or when he died. Like the Son of God, Melchizedek continues to be a priest forever.

You can see how important Melchizedek was. Abraham gave him a tenth of what he had captured, even though Abraham was the father of the chosen people. Moses’ Teachings say that members of the tribe of Levi who become priests must receive a tenth of everything from the people. The priests collect it from their own people, Abraham’s descendants. Although Melchizedek was not from the tribe of Levi, he received a tenth of everything from Abraham. Then Melchizedek blessed Abraham, who had God’s promises. No one can deny that the more important person blesses the less important person.

Priests receive a tenth of everything, but they die. Melchizedek received a tenth of everything, but we are told that he lives. We could even say that when Abraham gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything, Levi was giving a tenth of everything. Levi gave, although later his descendants would receive a tenth of everything. 10 Even though Levi had not yet been born, he was in the body of Abraham when Melchizedek met him.

11 The people established the Levitical priesthood based on instructions they received. If the work of the Levitical priests had been perfect, we wouldn’t need to speak about another kind of priest. However, we speak about another kind of priest, a priest like Melchizedek, not a Levitical priest like Aaron.

12 When a different kind of priesthood is established, the regulations for those priests are different. 13 The priest whom we are talking about was a member of a different tribe. No one from that tribe ever served as a priest at the altar. 14 Everyone knows that our Lord came from the tribe of Judah. Moses never said anything about priests coming from that tribe. 15 The regulations were different. This became clear when a different priest who is like Melchizedek appeared. 16 That person is a priest, not because he met human requirements, but because he has power that comes from a life that cannot be destroyed. 17 The Scriptures say the following about him: “You are a priest forever, in the way Melchizedek was a priest.”

 * * * *

К Евреям 7:1-17

 Hebrews 7:1-17 -- Russian New Testament Easy-to-Read Version

Священник Мелхиседек

Мелхиседек был царём Салима и священником Бога Всевышнего. Встретив Авраама, возвращавшегося после победы над царями, Мелхиседек благословил его. 2 И Авраам отдал ему десятую часть захваченного в битве. (Имя Мелхиседека, царя салимского, имеет два толкования: во-первых, Мелхиседек означает «царь праведности», а «царь Салима» означает также «царь мира»). 3 Никто не знает, ни кто были отец и мать Мелхиседека, ни его родословной, никто не знает, когда он родился, и когда умер. Подобно Сыну Божьему, он остаётся священником во веки веков.

4 Вы видите, каково величие этого человека! Даже Авраам, наш патриарх, отдал ему десятую часть своей доли, захваченной в битве. 5 Закон гласит, что потомки Левия, которые становятся священниками, должны собирать десятину с народа. Они собирают десятину с собратьев своих, хотя и те и другие — потомки Авраама.  

6 Мелхиседек же, хотя и не произошёл от Левия, собрал десятину с Авраама и благословил имевшего обещание Бога. 7 Нет сомнения, что тот, кто раздаёт благословения, выше того, кто принимает их.

8 Священники собирают десятину, но они всего лишь люди, которые живут, а потом умирают, Мелхиседек же, собравший десятину с Авраама, продолжает жить, как сказано в Писании. 9 Можно даже сказать, что Левий, собирающий десятину, в самом деле заплатил Мелхиседеку десятину через Авраама. 10 Левий ещё не был рождён, но уже существовал в теле предка своего Авраама, когда Мелхиседек встретил его.

11 Если бы духовное совершенство было достижимо через священничество Левитов (потому что Закон был дан народу, исходя из этого), то почему же была необходимость в том, чтобы появился другой священник, подобный Мелхиседеку, а не Аарону? 12 Если произойдёт смена в священничестве, то и Закон должен измениться.  
13 Христос, о Котором сказано всё это, принадлежал к иному племени, чем Левиты, и никто из Его рода не служил у алтаря. 14 Очевидно, что Господь наш произошёл из рода Иуды, а Моисей не упоминал о священниках из этого племени.

Христос — священник по подобию Мелхиседека

15 И это становится ещё очевиднее, когда появляется священник, подобный Мелхиседеку. 16 Он стал Священником не по Закону, основанному на уставах людей, а по воле неистребимой силы жизни. 17 Вот что сказано о Нём в Писании: «Ты стал священником на веки вечные, подобно Мелхиседеку». [a]

Footnotes:

  1. К Евреям 7:17 Пс. 109:4.
Gospel

John 4:16-26 – Names of God Bible

Yeshua told her, “Go to your husband, and bring him here.”

17 The woman replied, “I don’t have a husband.”

Yeshua told her, “You’re right when you say that you don’t have a husband. 18 You’ve had five husbands, and the man you have now isn’t your husband. You’ve told the truth.”

19 The woman said to Yeshua, “I see that you’re a prophet! 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain. But you Jews say that people must worship in Jerusalem.”

21 Yeshua told her, “Believe me. A time is coming when you Samaritans won’t be worshiping the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22 You don’t know what you’re worshiping. We Jews know what we’re worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews.  

23 Indeed, the time is coming, and it is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. The Father is looking for people like that to worship him. 24 God is a spirit. Those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to him, “I know that the Messiah is coming. When he comes, he will tell us everything.” (Messiah is the one called Christ.)

26 Yeshua told her, “I am he, and I am speaking to you now.”

 * * * *

От Иоанна 4:16-26

John 4:16-26 -- Russian New Testament Easy-to-Read Version

Он сказал ей: «Пойди, позови своего мужа и возвращайся».

17 Женщина ответила: «У меня нет мужа».
Иисус сказал: «Ты правильно сказала, что у тебя нет мужа. 18 У тебя было их пятеро, а тот, с кем живёшь сейчас, тебе не муж. Ты правду сказала».

19 Женщина сказала: «Господин, я вижу, что Ты пророк [a]. 20 Наши отцы приходили для поклонения на эту гору, но вы, иудеи, утверждаете, что люди должны идти для поклонения в Иерусалим».

21 Иисус ответил: «Женщина, поверь Мне, приближается время, когда вы будете поклоняться Отцу не на этой горе и не в Иерусалиме. 22 Вы, самаритяне, поклоняетесь тому, кого не понимаете. Мы же, иудеи, понимаем, Кому поклоняемся, так как спасение приходит от иудеев. 23 Но приближается время, и оно уже настало, когда истинно поклоняющиеся Отцу станут поклоняться Ему в духе [b] и в истине. Именно таких поклонников ищет себе Отец. 24 Бог есть Дух, и потому те, кто Ему поклоняется, должны поклоняться Ему в Духе и истине».

25 Женщина сказала: «Я знаю, что приближается Мессия, что означает Христос. Когда Он явится, то расскажет нам обо всём».

26 «Это Я, — ответил ей Иисус. — Я, говорящий с тобой».

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 4:19 пророк Пророки обладали даром познания тайн, скрытых от других людей.
  2. От Иоанна 4:23 в духе Или «ведомые Духом».





No comments:

Post a Comment