Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2




Psalter

Morning

Psalm 119:97-120 – Complete Jewish Bible

מ (Mem)

97 How I love your Torah!
I meditate on it all day.
98 I am wiser than my foes,
because your mitzvot are mine forever. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, because I meditate on your instruction. 100 I understand more than my elders, because I keep your precepts. 101 I keep my feet from every evil way, in order to observe your word. 102 I don’t turn away from your rulings, because you have instructed me. 103 How sweet to my tongue is your promise, truly sweeter than honey in my mouth! 104 From your precepts I gain understanding; this is why I hate every false way.

נ (Nun)

105 Your word is a lamp for my foot
and light on my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
that I will observe your righteous rulings. 107 I am very much distressed; Adonai, give me life, in keeping with your word. 108 Please accept my mouth’s voluntary offerings, Adonai; and teach me your rulings. 109 I am continually taking my life in my hands, yet I haven’t forgotten your Torah. 110 The wicked have set a trap for me, yet I haven’t strayed from your precepts. 111 I take your instruction as a permanent heritage, because it is the joy of my heart. 112 I have resolved to obey your laws forever, at every step.

ס (Samekh)

113 I hate doubleminded people,
but I love your Torah.
114 You are my hiding-place and shield;
I put my hope in your word. 115 Leave me alone, you evildoers, so that I can keep my God’s mitzvot. 116 Uphold me, as you promised; and I will live; don’t disappoint me in my hope. 117 Support me; and I will be saved, always putting my attention on your laws. 118 You reject all who stray from your laws, for what they deceive themselves with is false. 119 You discard the wicked of the earth like slag; this is why I love your instruction. 120 My body trembles for fear of you; your rulings make me afraid.



 * * * *

 

Псалтирь 119:97-120 (118)


Psalm 119:97-120 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(118-97) Как люблю я закон Твой! весь день размышляю о нем.
98 (118-98) Заповедью Твоею Ты соделал меня мудрее врагов моих, ибо она всегда со мною.
99 (118-99) Я стал разумнее всех учителей моих, ибо размышляю об откровениях Твоих.
100 (118-100) Я сведущ более старцев, ибо повеления Твои храню.
101 (118-101) От всякого злого пути удерживаю ноги мои, чтобы хранить слово Твое;
102 (118-102) от судов Твоих не уклоняюсь, ибо Ты научаешь меня.
103 (118-103) Как сладки гортани моей слова Твои! лучше меда устам моим.
104 (118-104) Повелениями Твоими я вразумлен; потому ненавижу всякий путь лжи.
105 (118-105) Слово Твое--светильник ноге моей и свет стезе моей.
106 (118-106) Я клялся хранить праведные суды Твои, и исполню.
107 (118-107) Сильно угнетен я, Господи; оживи меня по слову Твоему.
108 (118-108) Благоволи же, Господи, принять добровольную жертву уст моих, и судам Твоим научи меня.
109 (118-109) Душа моя непрестанно в руке моей, но закона Твоего не забываю.
110 (118-110) Нечестивые поставили для меня сеть, но я не уклонился от повелений Твоих.
111 (118-111) Откровения Твои я принял, как наследие на веки, ибо они веселие сердца моего.
112 (118-112) Я приклонил сердце мое к исполнению уставов Твоих навек, до конца.
113 (118-113) Вымыслы [человеческие] ненавижу, а закон Твой люблю.
114 (118-114) Ты покров мой и щит мой; на слово Твое уповаю.
115 (118-115) Удалитесь от меня, беззаконные, и буду хранить заповеди Бога моего.
116 (118-116) Укрепи меня по слову Твоему, и буду жить; не посрами меня в надежде моей;
117 (118-117) поддержи меня, и спасусь; и в уставы Твои буду вникать непрестанно.
118 (118-118) Всех, отступающих от уставов Твоих, Ты низлагаешь, ибо ухищрения их--ложь.
119 (118-119) [Как] изгарь, отметаешь Ты всех нечестивых земли; потому я возлюбил откровения Твои.
120 (118-120) Трепещет от страха Твоего плоть моя, и судов Твоих я боюсь.




 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 81 – Complete Jewish Bible

(0) For the Leader. On the gittit. By Asaf:
2 (1) Sing for joy to God our strength!
Shout to the God of Ya‘akov!
3 (2) Start the music! Beat the drum!
Play the sweet lyre and the lute! 4 (3) Sound the shofar at Rosh-Hodesh and at full moon for the pilgrim feast, 5 (4) because this is a law for Isra’el, a ruling of the God of Ya‘akov. 6 (5) He placed it as a testimony in Y’hosef when he went out against the land of Egypt.
I heard an unfamiliar voice say,
7 (6) “I lifted the load from his shoulder;
his hands were freed from the [laborer’s] basket. 8 (7) You called out when you were in trouble, and I rescued you; I answered you from the thundercloud; I tested you at the M’rivah Spring [by saying,] (Selah)
9 (8) “‘Hear, my people, while I give you warning!
Isra’el, if you would only listen to me!
10 (9) There is not to be with you any foreign god;
you are not to worship an alien god. 11 (10) I am Adonai your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth, and I will fill it.’
12 (11) “But my people did not listen to my voice;
Isra’el would have none of me.
13 (12) So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts,
to live by their own plans. 14 (13) How I wish my people would listen to me, that Isra’el would live by my ways! 15 (14) I would quickly subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes. 16 (15) Those who hate Adonai would cringe before him, while [Isra’el’s] time would last forever. 17 (16) They would be fed with the finest wheat, and I would satisfy you with honey from the rocks.”




 * * * *

 

Псалтирь 81 (80)


 Psalm 81 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(80-1) ^^Начальнику хора. На Гефском орудии. Псалом Асафа.^^ (80-2) Радостно пойте Богу, твердыне нашей; восклицайте Богу Иакова;
2 (80-3) возьмите псалом, дайте тимпан, сладкозвучные гусли с псалтирью;
3 (80-4) трубите в новомесячие трубою, в определенное время, в день праздника нашего;
4 (80-5) ибо это закон для Израиля, устав от Бога Иаковлева.
5 (80-6) Он установил это во свидетельство для Иосифа, когда он вышел из земли Египетской, где услышал звуки языка, которого не знал:
6 (80-7) 'Я снял с рамен его тяжести, и руки его освободились от корзин.
7 (80-8) В бедствии ты призвал Меня, и Я избавил тебя; из среды грома Я услышал тебя, при водах Меривы испытал тебя.
8 (80-9) Слушай, народ Мой, и Я буду свидетельствовать тебе: Израиль! о, если бы ты послушал Меня!
9 (80-10) Да не будет у тебя иного бога, и не поклоняйся богу чужеземному.
10 (80-11) Я Господь, Бог твой, изведший тебя из земли Египетской; открой уста твои, и Я наполню их'.
11 (80-12) Но народ Мой не слушал гласа Моего, и Израиль не покорялся Мне;
12 (80-13) потому Я оставил их упорству сердца их, пусть ходят по своим помыслам.
13 (80-14) О, если бы народ Мой слушал Меня и Израиль ходил Моими путями!
14 (80-15) Я скоро смирил бы врагов их и обратил бы руку Мою на притеснителей их:
15 (80-16) ненавидящие Господа раболепствовали бы им, а их благоденствие продолжалось бы навсегда;
16 (80-17) Я питал бы их туком пшеницы и насыщал бы их медом из скалы.




* * * *

Psalm 82 – Complete Jewish Bible

(0) A psalm of Asaf:

(1) Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly;
there with the elohim [judges], he judges:
“How long will you go on judging unfairly,
favoring the wicked? (Selah) Give justice to the weak and fatherless! Uphold the rights of the wretched and poor! Rescue the destitute and needy; deliver them from the power of the wicked!”
They don’t know, they don’t understand,
they wander about in darkness;
meanwhile, all the foundations of the earth
are being undermined.
“My decree is: ‘You are elohim [gods, judges],
sons of the Most High all of you.
Nevertheless, you will die like mortals;
like any prince, you will fall.’”
Rise up, Elohim, and judge the earth;
for all the nations are yours.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 82 (81)


Psalm 82 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(81-1) ^^Псалом Асафа.^^ Бог стал в сонме богов; среди богов произнес суд:
2 (81-2) доколе будете вы судить неправедно и оказывать лицеприятие нечестивым?
3 (81-3) Давайте суд бедному и сироте; угнетенному и нищему оказывайте справедливость;
4 (81-4) избавляйте бедного и нищего; исторгайте [его] из руки нечестивых.
5 (81-5) Не знают, не разумеют, во тьме ходят; все основания земли колеблются.
6 (81-6) Я сказал: вы--боги, и сыны Всевышнего--все вы;
7 (81-7) но вы умрете, как человеки, и падете, как всякий из князей.
8 (81-8) Восстань, Боже, суди землю, ибо Ты наследуешь все народы.



____

Hebrew Bible

Genesis 27:1-29 – Complete Jewish Bible

In the course of time, after Yitz’chak had grown old and his eyes dim, so that he couldn’t see, he called ‘Esav his older son and said to him, “My son?” and he answered, “Here I am.” “Look, I’m old now, I don’t know when I will die. Therefore, please take your hunting gear — your quiver of arrows and your bow; go out in the country, and get me some game. Make it tasty, the way I like it; and bring it to me to eat. Then I will bless you [as firstborn], before I die.”
Rivkah was listening when Yitz’chak spoke to his son ‘Esav. So when ‘Esav went out to the country to hunt for game and bring it back, she said to her son Ya‘akov, “Listen! I heard your father telling ‘Esav your brother, ‘Bring me game, and make it tasty, so I can eat it. Then I will give you my blessing in the presence of Adonai, before my death.’ Now pay attention to me, my son; and do what I tell you. Go to the flock, and bring me back two choice kids. I will make it tasty for your father, the way he likes it; 10 and you will bring it to your father to eat; so that he will give his blessing to you before his death.” 11 Ya‘akov answered Rivkah his mother, “Look, ‘Esav is hairy, but I have smooth skin. 12 Suppose my father touches me — he’ll know I’m trying to trick him, and I’ll bring a curse on myself, not a blessing!” 13 But his mother said, “Let your curse be on me. Just listen to me, and go get me the kids!” 14 So he went, got them and brought them to his mother; and his mother prepared them in the tasty way his father loved. 15 Next, Rivkah took ‘Esav her older son’s best clothes, which she had with her in the house, and put them on Ya‘akov her younger son; 16 and she put the skins of the goats on his hands and on the smooth parts of his neck. 17 Then she gave the tasty food and the bread she had prepared to her son Ya‘akov.
18 He went to his father and said, “My father?” He replied, “Here I am; who are you, my son?” 19 Ya‘akov said to his father, “I am ‘Esav your firstborn. I’ve done what you asked me to do. Get up now, sit down, eat the game, and then give me your blessing.” 20 Yitz’chak said to his son, “How did you find it so quickly, my son?” He answered, “Adonai your God made it happen that way.” 21 Yitz’chak said to Ya‘akov, “Come here, close to me, so I can touch you, my son, and know whether you are in fact my son ‘Esav or not.” 22 Ya‘akov approached Yitz’chak his father, who touched him and said, “The voice is Ya‘akov’s voice, but the hands are ‘Esav’s hands.” 23 However, he didn’t detect him; because his hands were hairy like his brother ‘Esav’s hands; so he gave him his blessing. 24 He asked, “Are you really my son ‘Esav?” And he replied, “I am.” 25 He said, “Bring it here to me, and I will eat my son’s game, so that I can give you my blessing.” So he brought it up to him, and he ate; he also brought him wine, and he drank. 26 Then his father Yitz’chak said to him, “Come close now, and kiss me, my son.” 27 He approached and kissed him. Yitz’chak smelled his clothes and blessed Ya‘akov with these words: “See, my son smells like a field which Adonai has blessed. (vi) 28 So may God give you dew from heaven, the richness of the earth, and grain and wine in abundance. 29 May peoples serve you and nations bow down to you. May you be lord over your kinsmen, let your mother’s descendants bow down to you. Cursed be everyone who curses you, and blessed be everyone who blesses you!”




 * * * *

 

Бытие 27:1-29


Genesis 27:1-29 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

 

Иаков обманом получает благословение отца

Когда Исаак состарился и глаза его так ослабли, что он ничего больше не видел, он позвал Исава, своего старшего сына, и сказал ему:
– Сын мой!
– Я здесь, – ответил Исав.
2 Исаак сказал:
– Я уже стар, и не знаю дня смерти. 3 Возьми же свое оружие – колчан и лук – и выйди в поле добыть мне дичи. 4 Приготовь мою любимую еду и принеси мне поесть, чтобы я благословил тебя перед смертью.
5 Ревекка слышала, как Исаак говорил со своим сыном Исавом, и когда Исав ушел в поле, чтобы настрелять и принести дичи, 6 Ревекка сказала своему сыну Иакову:
– Я слышала, как твой отец сказал твоему брату Исаву: 7 «Принеси дичи и приготовь мне вкусной еды, чтобы я благословил тебя перед Господом, прежде чем умру». 8 Слушай же меня внимательно, сын мой, и делай, как я тебе скажу. 9 Пойди к стаду и принеси мне двух лучших козлят, чтобы мне приготовить вкусную еду для твоего отца, такую, как он любит. 10 Потом отнеси ее отцу, он поест и благословит тебя перед смертью.
11 Иаков сказал Ревекке, своей матери:
– Но мой брат Исав весь волосат, а у меня кожа гладкая. 12 Что, если отец ощупает меня? Я окажусь перед ним обманщиком и скорее навлеку на себя проклятие, а не благословение.
13 Мать сказала ему:
– Проклятие пусть будет на мне, сын мой, а ты делай, как я говорю: пойди и принеси козлят.
14 Он пошел, взял козлят и принес их матери, и она приготовила вкусную еду, такую, как любил его отец. 15 Потом Ревекка взяла лучшую одежду своего старшего сына Исава, какая была у нее в доме, и надела на младшего, Иакова, 16 а его руки и гладкую часть шеи покрыла шкурами козлят. 17 Затем она дала своему сыну Иакову вкусную еду и хлеб, которые приготовила.
18 Он пришел к отцу и сказал:
– Отец мой.
– Вот я, – ответил тот. – Ты который из моих сыновей?
19 Иаков сказал отцу:
– Я – Исав, твой первенец. Я сделал, как ты сказал. Прошу, приподнимись, сядь и поешь моей дичи, чтобы ты мог благословить меня.
20 Исаак спросил сына:
– Как же ты нашел ее так быстро, сын мой?
– Господь, твой Бог, даровал мне успех, – ответил он.
21 Исаак сказал Иакову:
– Подойди ближе, чтобы мне ощупать тебя, сын мой, действительно ли ты мой сын Исав или нет.
22 Иаков подошел ближе к своему отцу Исааку, который ощупал его и сказал:
– Голос – как голос Иакова, но руки – как руки Исава.
23 Он не узнал его, потому что руки у него были волосатые, как у Исава, и он благословил его.
24 – Действительно ли ты сын мой Исав? – спросил Исаак, и он ответил:
– Да, это я.
25 Исаак сказал:
– Сын мой, поднеси мне твою дичь поближе, и я поем, а потом благословлю тебя.
Иаков дал ему еду, и он поел, принес вина, и он выпил. 26 Потом его отец Исаак сказал ему:
– Подойди, сын мой, и поцелуй меня.
27 Он подошел и поцеловал его. Исаак почувствовал запах его одежды и благословил его, сказав:
– Ах, запах моего сына –
    как запах поля,
которое благословил Господь.
28 Пусть даст тебе Бог от небесной росы
    и от плодородия земли
в изобилии зерна и молодого вина.
29 Да служат тебе племена,
    и да поклонятся тебе народы.
Будь господином над твоими братьями,
    и да склонятся перед тобой сыновья твоей матери.
Да будет проклят проклинающий тебя,
    а благословляющий да будет благословен.



____

Epistle

Romans 12:1-8 – Complete Jewish Bible

 I exhort you, therefore, brothers, in view of God’s mercies, to offer yourselves as a sacrifice, living and set apart for God. This will please him; it is the logical “Temple worship” for you. In other words, do not let yourselves be conformed to the standards of the ‘olam hazeh. Instead, keep letting yourselves be transformed by the renewing of your minds; so that you will know what God wants and will agree that what he wants is good, satisfying and able to succeed. For I am telling every single one of you, through the grace that has been given to me, not to have exaggerated ideas about your own importance. Instead, develop a sober estimate of yourself based on the standard which God has given to each of you, namely, trust. For just as there are many parts that compose one body, but the parts don’t all have the same function; so there are many of us, and in union with the Messiah we comprise one body, with each of us belonging to the others. But we have gifts that differ and which are meant to be used according to the grace that has been given to us. If your gift is prophecy, use it to the extent of your trust; if it is serving, use it to serve; if you are a teacher, use your gift in teaching; if you are a counselor, use your gift to comfort and exhort; if you are someone who gives, do it simply and generously; if you are in a position of leadership, lead with diligence and zeal; if you are one who does acts of mercy, do them cheerfully.





 * * * *

 

К Римлянам 12:1-8


Romans 12:1-8 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

 

Жизнь, угодная Богу

Поэтому я умоляю вас, братья, ради милости Божьей принесите ваши тела в живую жертву, святую и угодную Богу. Это и есть подобающее для вас служение Ему[a]. 2 Не приспосабливайтесь к образу жизни этого мира, но преображайтесь, обновляя ваш разум, чтобы вы сами могли постигать волю Божью, благую, угодную и совершенную.
3 По данной мне благодати я говорю каждому из вас: не воображайте о себе слишком много, судите о себе здраво, по мере той веры, которую Бог дал каждому. 4 Как у человека одно тело и в нем много членов, но у этих членов разное назначение, 5 так и все мы в Христе составляем одно тело, и все мы принадлежим друг другу. 6 И так как у нас есть различные дары, которые мы получили по данной нам благодати, то если у кого-то есть дар пророчества, пусть пророчествует в согласии с данной ему верой; 7 если это дар служить другим, пусть служит; если это дар быть учителем, пусть учит; 8 если это дар ободрять, пусть ободряет; если это дар помогать нуждающимся, пусть дает щедро; если это дар начальствования, пусть будет усерден; если это дар милосердия, пусть проявляет его с весельем.

Footnotes:

  1. К Римлянам 12:1 Или: «Это и разумное служение Ему».


____

Gospel

John 8:12-20 – Complete Jewish Bible

Yeshua spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light which gives life.” 13 So the P’rushim said to him, “Now you’re testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid.” 14 Yeshua answered them, “Even if I do testify on my own behalf, my testimony is indeed valid; because I know where I came from and where I’m going; but you do not know where I came from or where I’m going. 15 You judge by merely human standards. As for me, I pass judgment on no one; 16 but if I were indeed to pass judgment, my judgment would be valid; because it is not I alone who judge, but I and the One who sent me. 17 And even in your Torah it is written that the testimony of two people is valid. 18 I myself testify on my own behalf, and so does the Father who sent me.”
19 They said to him, “Where is this ‘father’ of yours?” Yeshua answered, “You know neither me nor my Father; if you knew me, you would know my Father too.” 20 He said these things when he was teaching in the Temple treasury room; yet no one arrested him, because his time had not yet come.




 * * * *

 

От Иоанна 8:12-20


John 8:12-20 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Когда Иисус вновь заговорил с народом, Он сказал:
– Я Свет миру[a]. Тот, кто идет за Мной, не будет ходить во тьме, но будет иметь Свет жизни.
13 Фарисеи тогда сказали Ему:
– Но ведь Ты Сам свидетельствуешь о Себе, значит, Твое свидетельство недействительно.
14 Иисус ответил:
– Даже если Я и Сам свидетельствую о Себе, Мое свидетельство истинно, потому что Я знаю, откуда Я пришел и куда Я иду. Вы же не имеете никакого понятия ни о том, откуда Я пришел, ни о том, куда Я иду. 15 Вы судите по человеческим меркам, Я же не сужу никого. 16 Но если Я и сужу, Мой суд справедлив, потому что Я не один, со Мной Отец, Который послал Меня. 17 В вашем же Законе написано, что когда свидетельствуют двое, то их свидетельство имеет силу[b]. 18 О Себе свидетельствую Я Сам и Мой Отец, Который послал Меня.
19 Они тогда спросили:
– Где же Твой Отец?
Иисус ответил:
– Вы не знаете ни Меня, ни Моего Отца. Если бы вы знали Меня, вы бы знали и Моего Отца.
20 Он сказал это, когда учил в храме, там, где собирали пожертвования. Никто, однако, не схватил Его, потому что Его время еще не настало.

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 8:12 Свет миру – свет, также как и вода, был символом праздника Шалашей. Согласно древнему источнику, во дворе храма зажигались большие, в 23 метра высотой, золотые светильники, перед которыми танцевали верующие с факелами в руках.
  2. От Иоанна 8:17 См. Втор. 19:15.


John 8:12-20 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny




No comments:

Post a Comment