Monday, March 17, 2014

Tenth Day of Lent – March 15, 2014 – Lectionary Year 2


Psalter

Morning

Psalm 55 – Amplified Bible 

To the Chief Musician; with stringed instruments. A skillful song, or a didactic or reflective poem, of David.

Listen to my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication!
Attend to me and answer me; I am restless and distraught in my complaint and must moan
[And I am distracted] at the noise of the enemy, because of the oppression and threats of the wicked; for they would cast trouble upon me, and in wrath they persecute me.
My heart is grievously pained within me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fear and trembling have come upon me; horror and fright have overwhelmed me.
And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
Yes, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness.  

Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

I would hasten to escape and to find a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest.
Destroy [their schemes], O Lord, confuse their tongues, for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10 Day and night they go about on its walls; iniquity and mischief are in its midst.
11 Violence and ruin are within it; fraud and guile do not depart from its streets and marketplaces.

12 For it is not an enemy who reproaches and taunts me—then I might bear it; nor is it one who has hated me who insolently vaunts himself against me—then I might hide from him.
13 But it was you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend.
14 We had sweet fellowship together and used to walk to the house of God in company.

15 Let desolations and death come suddenly upon them; let them go down alive to Sheol (the place of the dead), for evils are in their habitations, in their hearts, and their inmost part.

16 As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me.

17 Evening and morning and at noon will I utter my complaint and moan and sigh, and He will hear my voice.

18 He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me [so that none came near me], for they were many who strove with me.

19 God will hear and humble them, even He Who abides of old— 

Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

—because in them there has been no change [of heart], and they do not fear, revere, and worship God.

20 [My companion] has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; he has broken and profaned his agreement [of friendship and loyalty].

21 The words of his mouth were smoother than cream or butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.

22 Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).
23 But You, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of destruction; men of blood and treachery shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You.


 * * * *

Псалтирь 55 (54)


Psalm 55 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(54-1) ^^Начальнику хора. На струнных [орудиях]. Учение Давида.^^ (54-2) Услышь, Боже, молитву мою и не скрывайся от моления моего;
2 (54-3) внемли мне и услышь меня; я стенаю в горести моей, и смущаюсь
3 (54-4) от голоса врага, от притеснения нечестивого, ибо они возводят на меня беззаконие и в гневе враждуют против меня.
4 (54-5) Сердце мое трепещет во мне, и смертные ужасы напали на меня;
5 (54-6) страх и трепет нашел на меня, и ужас объял меня.
6 (54-7) И я сказал: 'кто дал бы мне крылья, как у голубя? я улетел бы и успокоился бы;
7 (54-8) далеко удалился бы я, и оставался бы в пустыне;
8 (54-9) поспешил бы укрыться от вихря, от бури'.
9 (54-10) Расстрой, Господи, и раздели языки их, ибо я вижу насилие и распри в городе;
10 (54-11) днем и ночью ходят они кругом по стенам его; злодеяния и бедствие посреди его;
11 (54-12) посреди его пагуба; обман и коварство не сходят с улиц его:
12 (54-13) ибо не враг поносит меня, --это я перенес бы; не ненавистник мой величается надо мною, --от него я укрылся бы;
13 (54-14) но ты, который был для меня то же, что я, друг мой и близкий мой,
14 (54-15) с которым мы разделяли искренние беседы и ходили вместе в дом Божий.
15 (54-16) Да найдет на них смерть; да сойдут они живыми в ад, ибо злодейство в жилищах их, посреди их.
16 (54-17) Я же воззову к Богу, и Господь спасет меня.
17 (54-18) Вечером и утром и в полдень буду умолять и вопиять, и Он услышит голос мой,
18 (54-19) избавит в мире душу мою от восстающих на меня, ибо их много у меня;
19 (54-20) услышит Бог, и смирит их от века Живущий, потому что нет в них перемены; они не боятся Бога,
20 (54-21) простерли руки свои на тех, которые с ними в мире, нарушили союз свой;
21 (54-22) уста их мягче масла, а в сердце их вражда; слова их нежнее елея, но они суть обнаженные мечи.
22 (54-23) Возложи на Господа заботы твои, и Он поддержит тебя. Никогда не даст Он поколебаться праведнику.
23 (54-24) Ты, Боже, низведешь их в ров погибели; кровожадные и коварные не доживут и до половины дней своих. А я на Тебя, [Господи], уповаю.



 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 138 – Amplified Bible

[A Psalm] of David.

I will confess and praise You [O God] with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praises to You.

I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!

In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.

All the kings of the land shall give You credit and praise You, O Lord, for they have heard of the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled].

Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord and joyfully celebrate His mighty acts, for great is the glory of the Lord.

For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever—forsake not the works of Your own hands.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 138 (137)


Psalm 138 -- Russian Synodal Bible

 (137-1) ^^Давида.^^ Славлю Тебя всем сердцем моим, пред богами пою Тебе.
2 (137-2) Поклоняюсь пред святым храмом Твоим и славлю имя Твое за милость Твою и за истину Твою, ибо Ты возвеличил слово Твое превыше всякого имени Твоего.
3 (137-3) В день, когда я воззвал, Ты услышал меня, вселил в душу мою бодрость.
4 (137-4) Прославят Тебя, Господи, все цари земные, когда услышат слова уст Твоих
5 (137-5) и воспоют пути Господни, ибо велика слава Господня.
6 (137-6) Высок Господь: и смиренного видит, и гордого узнает издали.
7 (137-7) Если я пойду посреди напастей, Ты оживишь меня, прострешь на ярость врагов моих руку Твою, и спасет меня десница Твоя.
8 (137-8) Господь совершит за меня! Милость Твоя, Господи, вовек: дело рук Твоих не оставляй.




* * * *

Psalm 139 – Amplified Bible 

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

O Lord, you have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me.
You know my downsitting and my uprising; You understand my thought afar off.
You sift and search out my path and my lying down, and You are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue [still unuttered], but, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

You have beset me and shut me in—behind and before, and You have laid Your hand upon me.
Your [infinite] knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high above me, I cannot reach it.
Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me and the night shall be [the only] light about me,
12 Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.

15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.
19 If You would [only] slay the wicked, O God, and the men of blood depart from me—
20 Who speak against You wickedly, Your enemies who take Your name in vain!
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You? And am I not grieved and do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred; they have become my enemies.
23 Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 139 (138)

Psalm 139 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(138-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Псалом Давида.^^ Господи! Ты испытал меня и знаешь.
2 (138-2) Ты знаешь, когда я сажусь и когда встаю; Ты разумеешь помышления мои издали.
3 (138-3) Иду ли я, отдыхаю ли--Ты окружаешь меня, и все пути мои известны Тебе.
4 (138-4) Еще нет слова на языке моем, --Ты, Господи, уже знаешь его совершенно.
5 (138-5) Сзади и спереди Ты объемлешь меня, и полагаешь на мне руку Твою.
6 (138-6) Дивно для меня ведение [Твое], --высоко, не могу постигнуть его!
7 (138-7) Куда пойду от Духа Твоего, и от лица Твоего куда убегу?
8 (138-8) Взойду ли на небо--Ты там; сойду ли в преисподнюю--и там Ты.
9 (138-9) Возьму ли крылья зари и переселюсь на край моря, --
10 (138-10) и там рука Твоя поведет меня, и удержит меня десница Твоя.
11 (138-11) Скажу ли: 'может быть, тьма скроет меня, и свет вокруг меня [сделается] ночью';
12 (138-12) но и тьма не затмит от Тебя, и ночь светла, как день: как тьма, так и свет.
13 (138-13) Ибо Ты устроил внутренности мои и соткал меня во чреве матери моей.
14 (138-14) Славлю Тебя, потому что я дивно устроен. Дивны дела Твои, и душа моя вполне сознает это.
15 (138-15) Не сокрыты были от Тебя кости мои, когда я созидаем был в тайне, образуем был во глубине утробы.
16 (138-16) Зародыш мой видели очи Твои; в Твоей книге записаны все дни, для меня назначенные, когда ни одного из них еще не было.
17 (138-17) Как возвышенны для меня помышления Твои, Боже, и как велико число их!
18 (138-18) Стану ли исчислять их, но они многочисленнее песка; когда я пробуждаюсь, я все еще с Тобою.
19 (138-19) О, если бы Ты, Боже, поразил нечестивого! Удалитесь от меня, кровожадные!
20 (138-20) Они говорят против Тебя нечестиво; суетное замышляют враги Твои.
21 (138-21) Мне ли не возненавидеть ненавидящих Тебя, Господи, и не возгнушаться восстающими на Тебя?
22 (138-22) Полною ненавистью ненавижу их: враги они мне.
23 (138-23) Испытай меня, Боже, и узнай сердце мое; испытай меня и узнай помышления мои;
24 (138-24) и зри, не на опасном ли я пути, и направь меня на путь вечный.



____

Hebrew Bible

Genesis 42:4-13 – Amplified Bible

But Benjamin, Joseph’s [full] brother, Jacob did not send with his brothers; for he said, Lest perhaps some harm or injury should befall him.

So the sons of Israel came to buy grain among those who came, for there was hunger and general lack of food in the land of Canaan.
Now Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was who sold to all the people of the land; and Joseph’s [half] brothers came and bowed themselves down before him with their faces to the ground.

Joseph saw his brethren and he recognized them, but he treated them as if he were a stranger to them and spoke roughly to them. He said, Where do you come from? And they replied, From the land of Canaan to buy food.
Joseph knew his brethren, but they did not know him.

And Joseph remembered the dreams he had dreamed about them and said to them, You are spies and with unfriendly purpose you have come to observe [secretly] the nakedness of the land.
10 But they said to him, No, my lord, but your servants have come [only] to buy food.
11 We are all one man’s sons; we are true men; your servants are not spies.
12 And he said to them, No, but you have come to see the nakedness of the land.
13 But they said, Your servants are twelve brothers, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; the youngest is today with our father, and one is not.


 * * * *

Бытие 42:4-13


Genesis 42:4-13 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

но Вениамина, брата Иосифа, Иаков не отпустил с остальными, потому что он сказал:
– Вдруг с ним случится беда.
5 Так среди многих других и сыновья Израиля пришли покупать зерно, потому что в земле Ханаана был голод.
6 Иосиф правил всей страной; он и продавал зерно народу по всему Египту, и когда братья Иосифа пришли, они поклонились ему до земли. 7 Как только Иосиф увидел братьев, он сразу узнал их, но притворился незнакомцем и заговорил с ними сурово.
– Откуда вы пришли? – спросил он.
– Из земли Ханаана, чтобы купить еды, – ответили они.
8 Иосиф узнал своих братьев, но они не узнали его. 9 Он вспомнил свои сны про них и сказал:
– Вы – шпионы! Вы пришли высмотреть уязвимые места в нашей земле.
10 – Что ты, господин, – ответили они, – твои рабы пришли купить еды. 11 Мы все сыновья одного отца. Твои рабы честные люди, не шпионы.
12 Он сказал им:
– Нет, вы пришли высмотреть, где в нашей земле уязвимые места.
13 Но они ответили:
– Рабов твоих было двенадцать братьев, сыновей одного отца, который живет в земле Ханаана. Младший и сейчас с отцом, а одного больше нет.




____

Epistle

1 Corinthians 4:1-7 – Amplified Bible

So then, let us [apostles] be looked upon as ministering servants of Christ and stewards (trustees) of the mysteries (the secret purposes) of God.
Moreover, it is [essentially] required of stewards that a man should be found faithful [proving himself worthy of trust].
But [as for me personally] it matters very little to me that I should be put on trial by you [on this point], and that you or any other human tribunal should investigate and question and cross-question me. I do not even put myself on trial and judge myself.
I am not conscious of anything against myself, and I feel blameless; but I am not vindicated and acquitted before God on that account. It is the Lord [Himself] Who examines and judges me.
So do not make any hasty or premature judgments before the time when the Lord comes [again], for He will both bring to light the secret things that are [now hidden] in darkness and disclose and expose the [secret] aims (motives and purposes) of hearts. Then every man will receive his [due] commendation from God.
Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another.
For who separates you from the others [as a faction leader]? [Who makes you superior and sets you apart from another, giving you the preeminence?] What have you that was not given to you? If then you received it [from someone], why do you boast as if you had not received [but had gained it by your own efforts]?



 * * * *

1-е Коринфянам 4:1-7


1 Corinthians 4:1-7 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Основатель церкви дает наставления членам церкви

4 Итак принимайте нас как служителей Христа, которым были вверены тайны Божьи. 2 От тех, кому оказано такое доверие, требуется верность. 3 Меня очень мало заботит, как вы или кто-то другой будет обо мне судить. Я и сам не сужу себя. 4 Совесть моя чиста, хотя не это оправдывает меня. Но мой судья – Господь. 5 Поэтому ни о чем не судите заранее, но ждите возвращения Господа. Он все тайное сделает явным и обнажит скрытые намерения человеческих сердец, и тогда каждый получит от Него похвалу.
6 Я говорю это, братья, обо мне и об Аполлосе ради вашего блага, чтобы вы на нашем примере постигли, что означает изречение: «Ничего сверх того, что написано», и чтобы вы не хвастались кем-то одним, ставя его выше другого. 7 Кто же делает тебя лучше других? Что у тебя есть своего, чего бы ты не получил от Бога? Если ничего такого нет, то что же ты хвалишься подаренным?


____

Gospel

Mark 2:23-3:6 – Amplified Bible

One Sabbath He was going along beside the fields of standing grain, and as they made their way, His disciples began to [a]pick off the grains.

24 And the Pharisees said to Him, Look! Why are they doing what is not permitted or lawful on the Sabbath?

25 And He said to them, Have you never [even] read what David did when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were accompanying him?—

26 How he went into the house of God when Abiathar was the high priest, and ate the sacred loaves set forth [before God], which it is not permitted or lawful for any but the priests to eat, and [how he] also gave [them] to those who were with him?

27 And Jesus said to them, The Sabbath was made on account and for the sake of man, not man for the Sabbath;
28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

Again Jesus went into a synagogue, and a man was there who had one withered hand [[b]as the result of accident or disease].

And [the Pharisees] kept watching Jesus [closely] to see whether He would cure him on the Sabbath, so that they might get a charge to bring against Him [[c]formally].

And He said to the man who had the withered hand, Get up [and stand here] in the midst.
And He said to them, Is it lawful and right on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to take it? But they kept silence.
And He glanced around at them with vexation and anger, grieved at the hardening of their hearts, and said to the man, Hold out your hand. He held it out, and his hand was [completely] restored.

Then the Pharisees went out and immediately held a consultation with the Herodians against Him, how they might [devise some means to] put Him to death.

Footnotes:

  1. Mark 2:23 Kenneth Wuest, Word Studies.
  2. Mark 3:1 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  3. Mark 3:2 Kenneth Wuest, Word Studies.



 * * * *


От Марка 2:23-3:6


Mark 2:23-3:6 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Ученики срывают колосья в субботу

(Мат. 12:1-8; Лк. 6:1-5)

Однажды в субботу Иисус проходил через засеянные поля, и Его ученики начали срывать по дороге колосья. 24 Фарисеи сказали Ему:

 – Смотри! Почему они делают то, что не разрешается делать в субботу?[a]

25 Иисус ответил им:

– Разве вы никогда не читали о том, что сделал Давид, находясь в нужде, когда он и его спутники проголодались? 26 Это произошло при первосвященнике Авиатаре. Давид вошел в храм и ел священный хлеб, который нельзя есть никому, кроме священников, и также дал его своим людям![b]

27 И добавил:

– Суббота создана для человека, а не человек для субботы. 28 Так что Сын Человеческий – Господин и над субботой!

Иисус исцеляет человека с высохшей рукой

(Мат. 12:9-14; Лк. 6:6-11)

Иисус снова пришел в синагогу. Там был человек с иссохшей рукой. 2 Фарисеи внимательно наблюдали за Ним, не исцелит ли Он этого человека в субботу, чтобы потом обвинить Его. 3 Иисус сказал человеку с иссохшей рукой:

– Встань посередине.

4 Затем Он спросил их:

– Что позволительно делать в субботу, добро или зло? Спасать жизнь или губить?
Они молчали. 5 Тогда Иисус, обведя их гневным взглядом и скорбя о черствости их сердец, сказал тому человеку:

– Протяни руку!

Тот протянул, и его рука стала совершенно здоровой.

6 Выйдя из синагоги, фарисеи немедленно начали совещаться со сторонниками Ирода[c] о том, как им убить Иисуса.

Footnotes:

  1. От Марка 2:24 Иудеи должны были оставлять некоторую часть урожая для бедных и поселенцев. Кроме того, Законом разрешалось руками срывать колосья на чужом поле, это не считалось воровством (см. Лев. 23:22; Втор. 23:25). Фарисеи обвиняли учеников Иисуса не в том, что они срывали колосья и растирали их руками, но в том, что они делали это в субботу, религиозный день покоя.
  2. От Марка 2:26 См. Лев. 24:8-9; 1 Цар. 21:1-6.
  3. От Марка 3:6 Ирод – т. е. Ирод Антипа – правитель Галилеи и Переи, сын царя Ирода Великого.



No comments:

Post a Comment