Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 4, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2


Psalter

Morning

Psalm 26 – Amplified Bible

[A Psalm] of David.

Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity; I have [expectantly] trusted in, leaned on, and relied on the Lord without wavering and I shall not slide.
Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; test my heart and my mind.
For Your loving-kindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth [faithfully].
I do not sit with false persons, nor fellowship with pretenders;
I hate the company of evildoers and will not sit with the wicked.
I will wash my hands in innocence, and go about Your altar, O Lord,
That I may make the voice of thanksgiving heard and may tell of all Your wondrous works.
Lord, I love the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells.
Gather me not with sinners and sweep me not away [with them], nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 In whose hands is wickedness, and their right hands are full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; redeem me and be merciful and gracious to me.
12 My foot stands on an even place; in the congregations will I bless the Lord.



 * * * * 

Псалтирь 26 (25)

Psalm 26 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(25-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Рассуди меня, Господи, ибо я ходил в непорочности моей, и, уповая на Господа, не поколеблюсь.
2 (25-2) Искуси меня, Господи, и испытай меня; расплавь внутренности мои и сердце мое,
3 (25-3) ибо милость Твоя пред моими очами, и я ходил в истине Твоей,
4 (25-4) не сидел я с людьми лживыми, и с коварными не пойду;
5 (25-5) возненавидел я сборище злонамеренных, и с нечестивыми не сяду;
6 (25-6) буду омывать в невинности руки мои и обходить жертвенник Твой, Господи,
7 (25-7) чтобы возвещать гласом хвалы и поведать все чудеса Твои.
8 (25-8) Господи! возлюбил я обитель дома Твоего и место жилища славы Твоей.
9 (25-9) Не погуби души моей с грешниками и жизни моей с кровожадными,
10 (25-10) у которых в руках злодейство, и которых правая рука полна мздоимства.
11 (25-11) А я хожу в моей непорочности; избавь меня, и помилуй меня.
12 (25-12) Моя нога стоит на прямом [пути]; в собраниях благословлю Господа.


  
 * * * *

Psalm 28 – Amplified Bible 

[A Psalm] of David.

Unto You do I cry, O Lord my Rock, be not deaf and silent to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those going down to the pit [the grave].
Hear the voice of my supplication as I cry to You for help, as I lift up my hands toward Your innermost sanctuary (the Holy of Holies).
Drag me not away with the wicked, with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace with their neighbors, but malice and mischief are in their hearts.
Repay them according to their work and according to the wickedness of their doings; repay them according to the work of their hands; render to them what they deserve.
Because they regard not the works of the Lord nor the operations of His hands, He will break them down and not rebuild them.
Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications.
The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.
The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed.
Save Your people and bless Your heritage; nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 28 (27)

Psalm 28 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(27-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ К тебе, Господи, взываю: твердыня моя! не будь безмолвен для меня, чтобы при безмолвии Твоем я не уподобился нисходящим в могилу.
2 (27-2) Услышь голос молений моих, когда я взываю к Тебе, когда поднимаю руки мои к святому храму Твоему.
3 (27-3) Не погуби меня с нечестивыми и с делающими неправду, которые с ближними своими говорят о мире, а в сердце у них зло.
4 (27-4) Воздай им по делам их, по злым поступкам их; по делам рук их воздай им, отдай им заслуженное ими.
5 (27-5) За то, что они невнимательны к действиям Господа и к делу рук Его, Он разрушит их и не созиждет их.
6 (27-6) Благословен Господь, ибо Он услышал голос молений моих.
7 (27-7) Господь--крепость моя и щит мой; на Него уповало сердце мое, и Он помог мне, и возрадовалось сердце мое; и я прославлю Его песнью моею.
8 (27-8) Господь--крепость народа Своего и спасительная защита помазанника Своего.
9 (27-9) Спаси народ Твой и благослови наследие Твое; паси их и возвышай их во веки!



 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 36 – Amplified Bible

To the Chief Musician. [A Psalm] of David the servant of the Lord.

Transgression [like an oracle] speaks to the wicked deep in his heart. There is no fear or dread of God before his eyes.
For he flatters and deceives himself in his own eyes that his iniquity will not be found out and be hated.
The words of his mouth are wrong and deceitful; he has ceased to be wise and to do good.
He plans wrongdoing on his bed; he sets himself in a way that is not good; he does not reject or despise evil.
Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, extend to the skies, and Your faithfulness to the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mountains of God, Your judgments are like the great deep. O Lord, You preserve man and beast.
How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They relish and feast on the abundance of Your house; and You cause them to drink of the stream of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light do we see light.
10 O continue Your loving-kindness to those who know You, Your righteousness (salvation) to the upright in heart.
11 Let not the foot of pride overtake me, and let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12 There the workers of iniquity fall and lie prostrate; they are thrust down and shall not be able to rise.




 * * * *

Псалтирь 36 (35)


Psalm 36 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(35-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Раба Господня Давида.^^ (35-2) Нечестие беззаконного говорит в сердце моем: нет страха Божия пред глазами его,
2 (35-3) ибо он льстит себе в глазах своих, будто отыскивает беззаконие свое, чтобы возненавидеть его;
3 (35-4) слова уст его--неправда и лукавство; не хочет он вразумиться, чтобы делать добро;
4 (35-5) на ложе своем замышляет беззаконие, становится на путь недобрый, не гнушается злом.
5 (35-6) Господи! милость Твоя до небес, истина Твоя до облаков!
6 (35-7) Правда Твоя, как горы Божии, и судьбы Твои--бездна великая! Человеков и скотов хранишь Ты, Господи!
7 (35-8) Как драгоценна милость Твоя, Боже! Сыны человеческие в тени крыл Твоих покойны:
8 (35-9) насыщаются от тука дома Твоего, и из потока сладостей Твоих Ты напояешь их,
9 (35-10) ибо у Тебя источник жизни; во свете Твоем мы видим свет.
10 (35-11) Продли милость Твою к знающим Тебя и правду Твою к правым сердцем,
11 (35-12) да не наступит на меня нога гордыни, и рука грешника да не изгонит меня:
12 (35-13) там пали делающие беззаконие, низринуты и не могут встать.



* * * *

Psalm 39 – Amplified Bible

To the Chief Musician; for Jeduthun [founder of an official musical family]. A Psalm of David.

I said, I will take heed and guard my ways, that I may sin not with my tongue; I will muzzle my mouth as with a bridle while the wicked are before me.
I was dumb with silence, I held my peace without profit and had no comfort away from good, while my distress was renewed.
My heart was hot within me. While I was musing, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:
Lord, make me to know my end and [to appreciate] the measure of my days—what it is; let me know and realize how frail I am [how transient is my stay here].
Behold, You have made my days as [short as] handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing in Your sight. Truly every man at his best is merely a breath! Selah [pause, and think calmly of that]!
Surely every man walks to and fro—like a shadow in a pantomime; surely for futility and emptiness he is in turmoil; each one heaps up riches, not knowing who will gather them.
And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You.
Deliver me from all my transgressions; make me not the scorn and reproach of the [self-confident] fool!
I am dumb, I open not my mouth, for it is You Who has done it.
10 Remove Your stroke away from me; I am consumed by the conflict and the blow of Your hand.
11 When with rebukes You correct and chasten man for sin, You waste his beauty like a moth and what is dear to him consumes away; surely every man is a mere breath. Selah [pause, and think calmly of that]!
12 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear to my cry; hold not Your peace at my tears! For I am Your passing guest, a temporary resident, as all my fathers were.
13 O look away from me and spare me, that I may recover cheerfulness and encouraging strength and know gladness before I go and am no more!



 * * * * 

Псалтирь 39 (38)

Psalm 39 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(38-1) ^^Начальнику хора, Идифуму. Псалом Давида.^^ (38-2) Я сказал: буду я наблюдать за путями моими, чтобы не согрешать мне языком моим; буду обуздывать уста мои, доколе нечестивый предо мною.
2 (38-3) Я был нем и безгласен, и молчал [даже] о добром; и скорбь моя подвиглась.
3 (38-4) Воспламенилось сердце мое во мне; в мыслях моих возгорелся огонь; я стал говорить языком моим:
4 (38-5) скажи мне, Господи, кончину мою и число дней моих, какое оно, дабы я знал, какой век мой.
5 (38-6) Вот, Ты дал мне дни, [как] пяди, и век мой как ничто пред Тобою. Подлинно, совершенная суета--всякий человек живущий.
6 (38-7) Подлинно, человек ходит подобно призраку; напрасно он суетится, собирает и не знает, кому достанется то.
7 (38-8) И ныне чего ожидать мне, Господи? надежда моя--на Тебя.
8 (38-9) От всех беззаконий моих избавь меня, не предавай меня на поругание безумному.
9 (38-10) Я стал нем, не открываю уст моих; потому что Ты соделал это.
10 (38-11) Отклони от меня удары Твои; я исчезаю от поражающей руки Твоей.
11 (38-12) Если Ты обличениями будешь наказывать человека за преступления, то рассыплется, как от моли, краса его. Так, суетен всякий человек!
12 (38-13) Услышь, Господи, молитву мою и внемли воплю моему; не будь безмолвен к слезам моим, ибо странник я у Тебя [и] пришлец, как и все отцы мои.
13 (38-14) Отступи от меня, чтобы я мог подкрепиться, прежде нежели отойду и не будет меня.



____

Hebrew Bible


Proverbs 3:1-4, 24-33 – Amplified Bible

My son, forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments;
For length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you.
Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart.
So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man.
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil.
It shall be health to your nerves and sinews, and marrow and moistening to your bones.
Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors] and with the firstfruits of all your income;
10 So shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats shall be overflowing with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise or shrink from the chastening of the Lord [His correction by punishment or by subjection to suffering or trial]; neither be weary of or impatient about or loathe or abhor His reproof,
12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.
13 Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding [drawing it forth from God’s Word and life’s experiences],
14 For the gaining of it is better than the gaining of silver, and the profit of it better than fine gold.
15 Skillful and godly [a]Wisdom is more precious than rubies; and nothing you can wish for is to be compared to her.
16 Length of days is in her right hand, and in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are highways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy (blessed, fortunate, to be envied) is everyone who holds her fast.
19 The Lord by skillful and godly Wisdom has founded the earth; by understanding He has established the heavens.
20 By His knowledge the deeps were broken up, and the skies distill the dew.
21 My son, let them not escape from your sight, but keep sound and godly Wisdom and discretion,
22 And they will be life to your inner self, and a gracious ornament to your neck (your outer self).
23 Then you will walk in your way securely and in confident trust, and you shall not dash your foot or stumble.
24 When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet.
25 Be not afraid of sudden terror and panic, nor of the stormy blast or the storm and ruin of the wicked when it comes [for you will be guiltless],
26 For the Lord shall be your confidence, firm and strong, and shall keep your foot from being caught [in a trap or some hidden danger].
27 Withhold not good from those to whom it is due [its rightful owners], when it is in the power of your hand to do it.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, Go, and come again; and tomorrow I will give it—when you have it with you.
29 Do not contrive or dig up or cultivate evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly and confidently beside you.
30 Contend not with a man for no reason—when he has done you no wrong.
31 Do not resentfully envy and be jealous of an unscrupulous, grasping man, and choose none of his ways.
32 For the perverse are an abomination [extremely disgusting and detestable] to the Lord; but His confidential communion and secret counsel are with the [uncompromisingly] righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with Him).
33 The curse of the Lord is in and on the house of the wicked, but He declares blessed (joyful and favored with blessings) the home of the just and consistently righteous.

Footnotes:

  1. Proverbs 3:15 See footnote on Prov. 1:20.



 * * * *

Притчи 3:1-33


Proverbs 3:1-4, 24-33 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Другие достоинства мудрости

3 Сын мой, не забывай моего поучения
    и в сердце храни мои повеления;
2 они продлят твою жизнь на много лет
    и принесут тебе мир.
3 Да не покинут тебя любовь и верность;
    обвяжи ими свою шею,
запиши их на дощечке сердца.
4 Тогда ты найдешь расположение и доброе имя
    у Бога и у людей.
5 Доверяй Господу от всего сердца
    и не полагайся на собственный разум;
6 познавай Его во всех своих путях,
    и стези твои Он сделает ровными[a].
7 Не будь мудрецом в своих глазах;
    бойся Господа и избегай зла.
8 Это принесет здоровье твоему телу[b] и укрепит твои кости.
9 Чти Господа своим достоянием,
    первыми плодами от всех своих урожаев[c].
10 Тогда наполнятся до отказа твои амбары,
    и молодое вино переполнит твои давильни[d].
11 Сын мой, не отвергай наказания Господнего
    и не злись на Его укор,
12 ведь Господь обличает того, кого любит,
    как отец – сына, который ему угоден.
13 Блажен тот, кто находит мудрость,
    и человек, который обретает понимание,
14 потому что мудрость выгоднее серебра,
    и приносит больший доход, чем золото.
15 Она дороже драгоценных камней;
    ничто из желаемого тобой не сравнится с ней.
16 Долгая жизнь – в ее правой руке,
    а в левой ее руке – богатство и слава.
17 Пути ее – пути приятные,
    и все стези ее – мирные.
18 Дерево жизни она для тех, кто ею овладеет;
    счастливы те, кто ее удержит.
19 Мудростью Господь основал землю,
    разумом утвердил небеса;
20 знанием Его разверзлись бездны[e],
    и сочатся росой облака.
21 Сын мой, храни здравомыслие и рассудительность,
    не теряй их из вида;
22 для тебя они будут жизнью,
    украшением для твоей шеи.
23 Тогда пойдешь по пути своему в безопасности,
    и ноги твои не споткнутся.
24 Когда ляжешь, не будешь бояться,
    когда ляжешь, твой сон будет сладок.
25 Не бойся внезапной беды
    и гибели, что поразит нечестивых,
26 потому что Господь будет твоей надеждой[f]
    и сохранит твои ноги от западни.
27 Не отказывай в благе тем, кто его достоин,
    когда это в твоей власти.
28 Не говори ближнему:
    «Приходи-ка попозже,
я дам тебе завтра», –
    когда у тебя есть то, что он просит.
29 Не замышляй зла против ближнего,
    который без опаски живет с тобой рядом.
30 Не ссорься ни с кем без повода,
    когда тебе не причинили зла.
31 Не завидуй жестокому
    и не избирай ни одного из его путей,
32 потому что мерзок Господу коварный,
    а праведным Он доверяет.
33 На доме нечестивого – Господне проклятие,
    но жилище праведных Он благословляет.

Footnotes:

  1. Притчи 3:6 Или: «направит».
  2. Притчи 3:8 Букв.: «пупку».
  3. Притчи 3:9 Израильтяне должны были ежегодно приносить Господу первые плоды своего урожая (см. Лев. 23:9-14; Чис. 18:12-13).
  4. Притчи 3:10 Давильни – в те времена виноград давили в специальных углублениях, высеченных в скале, откуда сок вытекал через специальное отверстие.
  5. Притчи 3:20 Или: «были разделены воды». Здесь речь может идти либо о сотворении мира (см. Быт. 1:6-8), либо о событиях Великого потопа (см. Быт. 7:11).
  6. Притчи 3:26 Или: «будет рядом с тобой».




____

Epistle

Philippians 3:1-11 – Amplified Bible

For the rest, my brethren, delight yourselves in the Lord and continue to rejoice that you are in Him. To keep writing to you [over and over] of the same things is not irksome to me, and it is [a precaution] for your safety.
Look out for those dogs [Judaizers, legalists], look out for those mischief-makers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh.
For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances—
Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more!
Circumcised when I was eight days old, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew [and the son] of Hebrews; as to the observance of the Law I was of [the party of] the Pharisees,
As to my zeal, I was a persecutor of the church, and by the Law’s standard of righteousness (supposed justice, uprightness, and right standing with God) I was proven to be blameless and no fault was found with me.
But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [[a]one combined] loss for Christ’s sake.
Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),
And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.
10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
11 That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].

Footnotes:

  1. Philippians 3:7 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies: His “gains” are plural, but they are all counted as one combined “loss” (singular).
  2. Philippians 3:10 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.
  3. Philippians 3:11 Charles B. Williams, The New Testament: A Translation in the Language of the People: A spiritual, moral resurrection—not the final, physical one, which will be the climax.



 * * * *

К Филиппийцам 3:1-11


Philippians 3:1-11 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Предостережение против тех, кто надеется на свою праведность

Наконец, братья, радуйтесь в Господе! Мне не трудно писать об этом еще и еще раз, потому что для вас это будет надежней.
2 Берегитесь псов, берегитесь людей, делающих зло, берегитесь «членовредителей»[a]. 3 Истинно обрезанные – это мы с вами, поклоняющиеся под руководством Духа Божьего, хвалящиеся Иисусом Христом и не полагающиеся на внешнее, 4 хотя я и могу полагаться на это. Если у кого-то и есть основания полагаться на внешнее, то тем более у меня. 5 Я был обрезан на восьмой день от рождения, происхожу из израильского народа, из рода Вениамина. Я чистокровный еврей[b], и по отношению к Закону – фарисей. 6 Я ревностно преследовал Церковь, и с точки зрения законнической праведности, – беспорочен.
7 Но все, что я считал приобретением тогда, сейчас ради Христа считаю потерей. 8 И не только это, но и все прочее я считаю потерей в сравнении с бесценным познанием моего Господа Иисуса Христа. Ради Него все остальное в мире я стал почитать за сор, и я все отбросил прочь ради приобретения Христа, 9 ради того, чтобы быть с Ним не со своей уже праведностью по Закону, но с праведностью по вере в Христа, праведностью, приходящей от Бога через веру. 10 Я хочу познать Христа и ту силу, что воскресила Его, я хочу разделить с Ним Его страдания и стать как Он в Его смерти. 11 Тогда, надеюсь, я достигну и воскресения из мертвых.

Footnotes:

  1. К Филиппийцам 3:2 Это были лжеучители, которые проповедовали, что для спасения необходимо быть обрезанным.
  2. К Филиппийцам 3:5 Букв.: «Я еврей из евреев».


____

Gospel

John 18:28-38 – Amplified Bible

Then they brought Jesus from Caiaphas into the Praetorium (judgment hall, governor’s palace). And it was early. They themselves did not enter the Praetorium, that they might not be defiled (become ceremonially unclean), but might be fit to eat the Passover [supper].
29 So Pilate went out to them and said, What accusation do you bring against this [a]Man?
30 They retorted, If He were not an evildoer (criminal), we would not have handed Him over to you.
31 Pilate said to them, Take Him yourselves and judge and sentence and punish Him according to your [own] law. The Jews answered, It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death.
32 This was to fulfill the word which Jesus had spoken to show (indicate, predict) by what manner of death He was to die.
33 So Pilate went back again into the judgment hall and called Jesus and asked Him, Are You the King of the Jews?
34 Jesus replied, Are you saying this of yourself [on your own initiative], or have others told you about Me?
35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Your [own] people and nation and their chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom (kingship, royal power) belongs not to this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My followers would have been fighting to keep Me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, My kingdom is not from here (this world); [it has no such origin or source].
37 Pilate said to Him, Then You are a King? Jesus answered, You say it! [You speak correctly!] For I am a King. [Certainly I am a King!] This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the Truth. Everyone who is of the Truth [who is a friend of the Truth, who belongs to the Truth] hears and listens to My voice.
38 Pilate said to Him, What is Truth? On saying this he went out to the Jews again and told them, I find no fault in Him.

Footnotes:

  1. John 18:29 Capitalized because of what He is, the spotless Son of God, not what the speaker may have thought He was.



 * * * *

John 18:28-38 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус на допросе у Пилата

(Мат. 27:11-14; Мк. 15:2-5; Лк. 23:2-5)

28 От Кайафы Иисуса повели в резиденцию наместника. Было раннее утро, и иудеи, опасаясь оскверниться, не вошли в здание, иначе они не смогли бы потом есть пасхальный ужин[a]. 29 Поэтому Пилат[b] вышел к ним.
– В чем вы обвиняете Этого Человека? – спросил он.
30 – Не будь Он преступником, мы бы не привели Его к тебе, – ответили они.
31 Пилат сказал:
– Берите Его сами и судите по вашему Закону.
– Но у нас нет права никого казнить, – возразили иудеи.
32 Так должны были исполниться слова Иисуса о том, какой смертью Он умрет[c]. 33 Тогда Пилат вошел внутрь своей резиденции, вызвал Иисуса и спросил Его:
– Ты Царь иудеев?
34 – Ты это от себя говоришь, или тебе обо Мне сказали другие? – спросил в ответ Иисус.
35 – Я что, иудей? – ответил Пилат. – Это Твой народ и первосвященники передали Тебя мне. Что Ты сделал?
36 Иисус сказал:
– Царство Мое – не одно из царств этого мира. Если бы оно было таким, то Мои подданные сражались бы за Меня, чтобы Я не был передан иудеям. Но сейчас Мое Царство не отсюда.
37 – Так значит, Ты все-таки Царь? – спросил Пилат.
– Ты сам говоришь, что Я Царь, – ответил Иисус. – Я родился и пришел в мир, чтобы свидетельствовать об истине. Всякий, кто на стороне истины, слушает Меня.
38 Пилат спросил:
– Что есть истина?
Потом он опять вышел к иудеям и сказал:
– Я не нахожу в Нем никакой вины.

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 18:28 Как такового запрета входить в дома, принадлежащие не иудеям, в Законе нет. Этот запрет (см. Деян. 10:28) был дан иудеям их религиозными учителями. Говоря же о праздничном ужине, надо помнить, что часто, когда иудеи говорили о Пасхе, они имели в виду и сам праздник Пасхи, и следующий за ним праздник Пресных хлебов (см. Лк. 22:1).
  2. От Иоанна 18:29 Пилат – Понтий Пилат был римским наместником в Иудее с 26 по 36 гг.
  3. От Иоанна 18:32 То есть смерть на кресте (см. 3:14; 8:28; 12:32). Крест был римским орудием казни. Иудеи же, если бы имели на то право от римских властей, скорее всего, побили бы Иисуса камнями (см. Лев. 24:16).





No comments:

Post a Comment