Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lent Day Four -- March 8, 2014 – Lectionary Year 2


Psalter

Morning

Psalm 30 – Names of God Bible

A psalm by David sung at the dedication of the temple.

I will honor you highly, O Yahweh,
    
because you have pulled me out of the pit
        
and have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
O Yahweh my Elohim,
    
I cried out to you for help,
        
and you healed me.
O Yahweh, you brought me up from the grave.
    
You called me back to life
        
from among those who had gone into the pit.
Make music to praise Yahweh, you faithful people who belong to him.
    
Remember his holiness by giving thanks.
His anger lasts only a moment.
    
His favor lasts a lifetime.
    
Weeping may last for the night,
        
but there is a song of joy in the morning.
When all was well with me, I said,
    
“I will never be shaken.”
O Yahweh, by your favor you have made my mountain stand firm.
    
When you hid your face, I was terrified.
I will cry out to you, O Yahweh.
    
I will plead to Adonay for mercy:
“How will you profit if my blood is shed,
    
if I go into the pit?
    
Will the dust of my body give thanks to you?
    
Will it tell about your truth?”
10 Hear, O Yahweh, and have pity on me!
    
O Yahweh, be my helper!
11 You have changed my sobbing into dancing.
    
You have removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy
12 so that my soul[a] may praise you with music and not be silent.
    
O Yahweh my Elohim, I will give thanks to you forever.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 30:12 Or “glory.”



 * * * *

Псалтирь 30 (29)


Psalm 30 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(29-1) ^^Псалом Давида; песнь при обновлении дома.^^ (29-2) Превознесу Тебя, Господи, что Ты поднял меня и не дал моим врагам восторжествовать надо мною.
2 (29-3) Господи, Боже мой! я воззвал к Тебе, и Ты исцелил меня.
3 (29-4) Господи! Ты вывел из ада душу мою и оживил меня, чтобы я не сошел в могилу.
4 (29-5) Пойте Господу, святые Его, славьте память святыни Его,
5 (29-6) ибо на мгновение гнев Его, на [всю] жизнь благоволение Его: вечером водворяется плач, а на утро радость.
6 (29-7) И я говорил в благоденствии моем: 'не поколеблюсь вовек'.
7 (29-8) По благоволению Твоему, Господи, Ты укрепил гору мою; но Ты сокрыл лице Твое, [и] я смутился.
8 (29-9) [Тогда] к Тебе, Господи, взывал я, и Господа умолял:
9 (29-10) 'что пользы в крови моей, когда я сойду в могилу? будет ли прах славить Тебя? будет ли возвещать истину Твою?
10 (29-11) услышь, Господи, и помилуй меня; Господи! будь мне помощником'.
11 (29-12) И Ты обратил сетование мое в ликование, снял с меня вретище и препоясал меня веселием,
12 (29-13) да славит Тебя душа моя и да не умолкает. Господи, Боже мой! буду славить Тебя вечно.



 * * * *

Psalm 32 – Names of God Bible

A psalm by David; a maskil.[a]

Blessed is the person whose disobedience is forgiven
    
and whose sin is pardoned.
Blessed is the person whom Yahweh no longer accuses of sin
    
and who has no deceitful thoughts.
When I kept silent about my sins,
    
my bones began to weaken because of my groaning all day long.
Day and night your hand laid heavily on me.
    
My strength shriveled in the summer heat. Selah
I made my sins known to you, and I did not cover up my guilt.
    
I decided to confess them to you, O Yahweh.
    
Then you forgave all my sins. Selah
For this reason let all godly people pray to you
    
when you may be found.
        
Then raging floodwater will not reach them.
You are my hiding place.
    
You protect me from trouble.
    
You surround me with joyous songs of salvation. Selah
The Lord says,
    
“I will instruct you.
    
I will teach you the way that you should go.
    
I will advise you as my eyes watch over you.
Don’t be stubborn like a horse or mule.
    
They need a bit and bridle in their mouth to restrain them,
        
or they will not come near you.”
10 Many heartaches await wicked people,
    
but mercy surrounds those who trust Yahweh.
11 Be glad and find joy in Yahweh, you righteous people.
    
Sing with joy, all whose motives are decent.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 32:1 Unknown musical term.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 32 (31)


Psalm 32 -- Russian Synodal Bible

 (31-1) ^^Псалом Давида. Учение.^^ Блажен, кому отпущены беззакония, и чьи грехи покрыты!
2 (31-2) Блажен человек, которому Господь не вменит греха, и в чьем духе нет лукавства!
3 (31-3) Когда я молчал, обветшали кости мои от вседневного стенания моего,
4 (31-4) ибо день и ночь тяготела надо мною рука Твоя; свежесть моя исчезла, как в летнюю засуху.
5 (31-5) Но я открыл Тебе грех мой и не скрыл беззакония моего; я сказал: 'исповедаю Господу преступления мои', и Ты снял с меня вину греха моего.
6 (31-6) За то помолится Тебе каждый праведник во время благопотребное, и тогда разлитие многих вод не достигнет его.
7 (31-7) Ты покров мой: Ты охраняешь меня от скорби, окружаешь меня радостями избавления.
8 (31-8) 'Вразумлю тебя, наставлю тебя на путь, по которому тебе идти; буду руководить тебя, око Мое над тобою'.
9 (31-9) 'Не будьте как конь, как лошак несмысленный, которых челюсти нужно обуздывать уздою и удилами, чтобы они покорялись тебе'.
10 (31-10) Много скорбей нечестивому, а уповающего на Господа окружает милость.
11 (31-11) Веселитесь о Господе и радуйтесь, праведные; торжествуйте, все правые сердцем.




 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 42 – Names of God Bible

BOOK TWO

(Psalms 42–72)

Psalm 42

For the choir director; a maskil[a] by Korah’s descendants.

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
    
so my soul longs for you, O Elohim.
My soul thirsts for Elohim, for El Chay.
    
When may I come to see Elohim’s face?
My tears are my food day and night.
    
People ask me all day long, “Where is your Elohim?”
I will remember these things as I pour out my soul:
    
how I used to walk with the crowd
        and lead it in a procession to Elohim’s house.
            
I sang songs of joy and thanksgiving
                
while crowds of people celebrated a festival.
Why are you discouraged, my soul?
    
Why are you so restless?
        Put your hope in Elohim,
            
because I will still praise him.
                
He is my savior and my Elohim.
My soul is discouraged.
    
That is why I will remember you
        in the land of Jordan, on the peaks of Hermon, on Mount Mizar.
One deep sea calls to another at the roar of your waterspouts.
    
All the whitecaps on your waves have swept over me.[b]
Yahweh commands his mercy during the day,
    
and at night his song is with me—
        a prayer to the El of my life.
            I will ask Elohim, my rock,
                
“Why have you forgotten me?
                
Why must I walk around in mourning
                    
while the enemy oppresses me?”
10 With a shattering blow to my bones,
    
my enemies taunt me.
    
They ask me all day long, “Where is your Elohim?”
11 Why are you discouraged, my soul?
    
Why are you so restless?
        Put your hope in Elohim,
            
because I will still praise him.
                
He is my savior and my Elohim.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 42:1 Unknown musical term.
  2. Psalm 42:7 Hebrew meaning of this verse uncertain.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 42 (41)


Psalm 42 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(41-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Учение. Сынов Кореевых.^^ (41-2) Как лань желает к потокам воды, так желает душа моя к Тебе, Боже!
2 (41-3) Жаждет душа моя к Богу крепкому, живому: когда приду и явлюсь пред лице Божие!
3 (41-4) Слезы мои были для меня хлебом день и ночь, когда говорили мне всякий день: 'где Бог твой?'
4 (41-5) Вспоминая об этом, изливаю душу мою, потому что я ходил в многолюдстве, вступал с ними в дом Божий со гласом радости и славословия празднующего сонма.
5 (41-6) Что унываешь ты, душа моя, и что смущаешься? Уповай на Бога, ибо я буду еще славить Его, Спасителя моего и Бога моего.
6 (41-7) Унывает во мне душа моя; посему я воспоминаю о Тебе с земли Иорданской, с Ермона, с горы Цоар.
7 (41-8) Бездна бездну призывает голосом водопадов Твоих; все воды Твои и волны Твои прошли надо мною.
8 (41-9) Днем явит Господь милость Свою, и ночью песнь Ему у меня, молитва к Богу жизни моей.
9 (41-10) Скажу Богу, заступнику моему: для чего Ты забыл меня? Для чего я сетуя хожу от оскорблений врага?
10 (41-11) Как бы поражая кости мои, ругаются надо мною враги мои, когда говорят мне всякий день: 'где Бог твой?'
11 (41-12) Что унываешь ты, душа моя, и что смущаешься? Уповай на Бога, ибо я буду еще славить Его, Спасителя моего и Бога моего.




* * * *

Psalm 43 – Names of God Bible

Judge me, O Elohim,
    and plead my case against an ungodly nation.
    Rescue me from deceitful and unjust people.
You are my fortress, O Elohim!
    Why have you rejected me?
        Why must I walk around in mourning
            while the enemy oppresses me?
Send your light and your truth.
    Let them guide me.
    Let them bring me to your holy mountain
        and to your dwelling place.
Then let me go to the altar of Elohim, to God my highest joy,
    and I will give thanks to you on the lyre, O Elohim, my Elohim.
Why are you discouraged, my soul?
    Why are you so restless?
        Put your hope in Elohim,
            because I will still praise him.
                He is my savior and my Elohim.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 43 (42)


Psalm 43 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(42-1) Суди меня, Боже, и вступись в тяжбу мою с народом недобрым. От человека лукавого и несправедливого избавь меня,
2 (42-2) ибо Ты Бог крепости моей. Для чего Ты отринул меня? для чего я сетуя хожу от оскорблений врага?
3 (42-3) Пошли свет Твой и истину Твою; да ведут они меня и приведут на святую гору Твою и в обители Твои.
4 (42-4) И подойду я к жертвеннику Божию, к Богу радости и веселия моего, и на гуслях буду славить Тебя, Боже, Боже мой!
5 (42-5) Что унываешь ты, душа моя, и что смущаешься? Уповай на Бога; ибо я буду еще славить Его, Спасителя моего и Бога моего.




____

Hebrew Bible

Ezekiel 39:21-29 – Names of God Bible

“I will show my greatness among the nations. All the nations will see how I will turn my power against them to punish them. 22 From that day on, the people of Israel will know that I am Yahweh their Elohim. 23 Then the nations will know that the people of Israel went into captivity because they did wrong and rebelled against me. So I hid my face from them and handed them over to their enemies. They were killed in battle. 24 I paid them back for their uncleanness and their sins, and I hid my face from them.
25 “So this is what Adonay Yahweh says: Now I will bring back Jacob’s captives and have compassion for the whole nation of Israel. I will stand up for my holy name. 26 When they live safely in a land where no one will frighten them, they will forget their shame and all the unfaithful things they have done against me. 27 I will bring them back from the other nations and gather them from the countries of their enemies. Many nations will see that I am holy. 28 Then my people will know that I am Yahweh their Elohim. I sent them into captivity among the nations, and I brought them back again to their land. I left none of them behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, because I will pour out my Ruach on the nation of Israel, declares Adonay Yahweh.”




 * * * *

Иезекииль 39:21-29


Ezekiel 39:21-29 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Я явлю народам Мою славу. Все народы увидят суд, который Я произвел, и руку, которую Я на них опустил. 22 С этого дня и впредь дом Израиля будет знать, что Я – Господь, их Бог. 23 Народы узнают, что израильтяне отправились в плен за грехи, за то, что они были Мне неверны. За это Я скрыл от них лицо, отдал их во власть врагов, и все они пали от меча. 24 Я поступил с ними по их нечистоте и преступлениям; Я скрыл от них Свое лицо.

25 Поэтому так говорит Владыка Господь:

– Теперь Я восстановлю Иакова и помилую всех израильтян. Я возревную о Моем святом Имени. 26 Они смогут забыть о своем позоре и о неверности[a] Мне, когда снова будут жить в безопасности на своей земле, и никто не будет им угрожать.  

27 Вернув их из других народов и возвратив из вражеских стран, Я явлю через них Мою святость на глазах у многих народов. 28 Они узнают, что Я – Господь, их Бог, потому что, хотя Я и отправил их в плен к чужим народам, Я соберу их в их страну, никого не забыв. 29 Я больше не стану скрывать от них Свое лицо, когда изолью Моего Духа на дом Израиля, – возвещает Владыка Господь».

Footnotes:

  1. Иезекииль 39:26 Или: «понесут бремя позора и неверности».


____

Epistle

Philippians 4:10-20 – Names of God Bible

Thanks for Your Gifts

10 The Lord has filled me with joy because you again showed interest in me. You were interested but did not have an opportunity to show it. 11 I’m not saying this because I’m in any need. I’ve learned to be content in whatever situation I’m in. 12 I know how to live in poverty or prosperity. No matter what the situation, I’ve learned the secret of how to live when I’m full or when I’m hungry, when I have too much or when I have too little. 13 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. 14 Nevertheless, it was kind of you to share my troubles.
15 You Philippians also know that in the early days, when I left the province of Macedonia to spread the Good News, you were the only church to share your money with me. You gave me what I needed, and you received what I gave you. 16 Even while I was in Thessalonica, you provided for my needs twice. 17 It’s not that I’m looking for a gift. The opposite is true. I’m looking for your resources to increase. 18 You have paid me in full, and I have more than enough. Now that Epaphroditus has brought me your gifts, you have filled my needs. Your gifts are a soothing aroma, a sacrifice that God accepts and with which he is pleased. 19 My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Yeshua. 20 Glory belongs to our God and Father forever! Amen.



 * * * *

Philippians 4:10-20 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Благодарность за финансовую поддержку

10 Я искренне радуюсь в Господе тому, что вы вновь стали проявлять заботу обо мне. Конечно, вы заботились всегда, но у вас просто не было возможности показать это. 11 Я говорю это не потому, что я нуждаюсь в чем-либо, ведь я научился быть довольным в любых обстоятельствах. 12 Я знаю, что такое скудость и что такое изобилие. Мне пришлось пережить всякое, и я проник в тайну того, что значит быть сытым и терпеть голод, жить в достатке и быть в нужде. 13 Я все могу благодаря Тому, Кто дает мне силы.
14 Впрочем вы хорошо поступили, разделив со мной мои беды. 15 Вы, филиппийцы, помните, как в начале моего служения провозглашения Радостной Вести, когда я отправился из Македонии, ни одна церковь не оказала мне финансовой помощи, кроме вас одних[a]. 16 Даже в Фессалонику вы неоднократно посылали мне эту помощь, когда я в ней нуждался. 17 Я говорю это не для того, чтобы что-то получить от вас, но хочу, чтобы вы делали то, что будет служить к вашему же благу. 18 Вы прислали мне через Эпафродита даже больше, чем мне необходимо, и у меня сейчас все есть. Это – как ароматный запах[b], как жертва, угодная и приятная Богу. 19 Мой Бог восполнит все ваши нужды из Своих славных богатств через Иисуса Христа!
20 Пусть нашему Богу и Отцу будет слава во веки веков. Аминь.

Footnotes:

  1. К Филиппийцам 4:15 См. Деян. 16:12-40; Рим. 15:26; 2 Кор. 8:1-5; 11:9.
  2. К Филиппийцам 4:18 См. Быт. 8:21; Исх. 29:18.



____

Gospel

John 17:20-26 – Names of God Bible

 “I’m not praying only for them. I’m also praying for those who will believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that all of these people continue to have unity in the way that you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray that they may be united with us so that the world will believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me. I did this so that they are united in the same way we are. 23 I am in them, and you are in me. So they are completely united. In this way the world knows that you have sent me and that you have loved them in the same way you have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given to me to be with me, to be where I am. I want them to see my glory, which you gave me because you loved me before the world was made. 25 Righteous Father, the world didn’t know you. Yet, I knew you, and these disciples have known that you sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them, and I will make it known so that the love you have for me will be in them and I will be in them.”




 * * * *

John 17:20-26 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус молится о всех Своих последователях

20 – Я молюсь не только о них, но и о тех, кто поверит в Меня по их слову, 21 чтобы все они были одно. Как Ты, Отец, во Мне и Я в Тебе, пусть и они будут в Нас, чтобы мир поверил, что Ты послал Меня. 22 Я наделил их славой, которую Ты дал Мне, чтобы они были одно, как и Мы с Тобой одно: 23 Я в них, а Ты – во Мне. Пусть же они будут в совершенном единстве, чтобы мир узнал, что Ты послал Меня и что Ты полюбил их, как и Меня.

24 Отец, Я хочу, чтобы те, кого Ты дал Мне, были со Мной там, где Я буду. Хочу, чтобы они увидели Мою славу, которую Ты дал Мне, потому что Ты полюбил Меня еще до создания мира. 25 Праведный Отец, хотя мир и не знает Тебя, но Я знаю Тебя, и Мои последователи[a] знают, что Ты послал Меня. 26 Я открыл им Твое Имя и еще открою, чтобы та любовь, которой Ты полюбил Меня, была и в них и чтобы Я был в них.

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 17:25 Букв.: «они».







No comments:

Post a Comment