Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1, 2014 – Ordinary Time between Epiphany and Lent – Lectionary Year 2




Psalter

Morning

Psalm 137 – Complete Jewish Bible

By the rivers of Bavel we sat down and wept
as we remembered Tziyon.
We had hung up our lyres
on the willows that were there, when those who had taken us captive asked us to sing them a song; our tormentors demanded joy from us — “Sing us one of the songs from Tziyon!”
How can we sing a song about Adonai
here on foreign soil?
If I forget you, Yerushalayim,
may my right hand wither away! May my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I fail to remember you, if I fail to count Yerushalayim the greatest of all my joys.
Remember, Adonai, against the people of Edom
the day of Yerushalayim’s fall,
how they cried, “Tear it down! Tear it down!
Raze it to the ground!”
Daughter of Bavel, you will be destroyed!
A blessing on anyone who pays you back
for the way you treated us!
A blessing on anyone who seizes your babies
and smashes them against a rock!




 * * * *

Псалтирь 137 (136) 

Psalm 137 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(136-1) При реках Вавилона, там сидели мы и плакали, когда вспоминали о Сионе;
2 (136-2) на вербах, посреди его, повесили мы наши арфы.
3 (136-3) Там пленившие нас требовали от нас слов песней, и притеснители наши--веселья: 'пропойте нам из песней Сионских'.
4 (136-4) Как нам петь песнь Господню на земле чужой?
5 (136-5) Если я забуду тебя, Иерусалим, --забудь меня десница моя;
6 (136-6) прилипни язык мой к гортани моей, если не буду помнить тебя, если не поставлю Иерусалима во главе веселия моего.
7 (136-7) Припомни, Господи, сынам Едомовым день Иерусалима, когда они говорили: 'разрушайте, разрушайте до основания его'.
8 (136-8) Дочь Вавилона, опустошительница! блажен, кто воздаст тебе за то, что ты сделала нам!
9 (136-9) Блажен, кто возьмет и разобьет младенцев твоих о камень!




 * * * *

Psalm 144 – Complete Jewish Bible

(0) By David:
(1) Blessed be Adonai, my rock,
who trains my hands for war
and my fingers for battle.
He shows me grace; and he is my fortress,
my stronghold, in whom I find shelter,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues my people under me.
Adonai, what are mere mortals,
that you notice them at all;
humans, that you think about them?
Man is like a puff of wind,
his days like a fleeting shadow.
Adonai, lower the heavens, and come down;
touch the mountains, make them pour out smoke.
Shoot out lightning, and scatter them;
send out your arrows, and rout them.
Reach out your hands from on high;
rescue me; save me out of deep water,
out of the power of strangers,
whose mouths speak worthless words
and whose right hands swear false oaths.
God, I will sing a new song to you;
sing praises to you with a ten-stringed harp.
10 You give kings their victories;
you save your servant David from the cruel sword.
11 Rescue me, save me from the power of strangers,
whose mouths speak worthless words
and whose right hands swear false oaths.
12 Our sons in their youth will be
like full-grown saplings,
our daughters will be like sculptured pillars
fit for the corner of a palace.
13 Our barns are full with crops of every kind;
the sheep in our fields number thousands, tens of thousands.
14 our oxen are well-fed,
our city walls have no breach,
our people are not taken captive,
and there are no cries of protest in our cities’ open places.
15 How happy the people who live in such conditions!
How happy the people whose God is Adonai!



 * * * *

Псалтирь 144 (143)

Psalm 144 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(143-1) ^^Давида.^^ Благословен Господь, твердыня моя, научающий руки мои битве и персты мои брани,
2 (143-2) милость моя и ограждение мое, прибежище мое и Избавитель мой, щит мой, --и я на Него уповаю; Он подчиняет мне народ мой.
3 (143-3) Господи! что есть человек, что Ты знаешь о нем, и сын человеческий, что обращаешь на него внимание?
4 (143-4) Человек подобен дуновению; дни его--как уклоняющаяся тень.
5 (143-5) Господи! Приклони небеса Твои и сойди; коснись гор, и воздымятся;
6 (143-6) блесни молниею и рассей их; пусти стрелы Твои и расстрой их;
7 (143-7) простри с высоты руку Твою, избавь меня и спаси меня от вод многих, от руки сынов иноплеменных,
8 (143-8) которых уста говорят суетное и которых десница--десница лжи.
9 (143-9) Боже! новую песнь воспою Тебе, на десятиструнной псалтири воспою Тебе,
10 (143-10) дарующему спасение царям и избавляющему Давида, раба Твоего, от лютого меча.
11 (143-11) Избавь меня и спаси меня от руки сынов иноплеменных, которых уста говорят суетное и которых десница--десница лжи.
12 (143-12) Да будут сыновья наши, как разросшиеся растения в их молодости; дочери наши--как искусно изваянные столпы в чертогах.
13 (143-13) Да будут житницы наши полны, обильны всяким хлебом; да плодятся овцы наши тысячами и тьмами на пажитях наших;
14 (143-14) [да будут] волы наши тучны; да не будет ни расхищения, ни пропажи, ни воплей на улицах наших.
15 (143-15) Блажен народ, у которого это есть. Блажен народ, у которого Господь есть Бог.




 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 140 – Complete Jewish Bible  

(0) For the leader. A psalm of David:
2 (1) Rescue me, Adonai, from evil people,
protect me from violent people.
3 (2) They plan evil things in their hearts —
they continually stir up bitter strife. 4 (3) They have made their tongues as sharp as a snake’s; viper’s venom is under their lips. (Selah)
5 (4) Keep me, Adonai, from the hands of the wicked,
protect me from violent people
who are trying to trip me up.
6 (5) The arrogant hide snares for me;
they spread nets by the side of the road, hoping to trap me there. (Selah)
7 (6) I said to Adonai, “You are my God;
listen, Adonai, to my plea for mercy.”
8 (7) Adonai, Adonai, my saving strength,
my helmet shielding my head in battle, 9 (8) Adonai, don’t grant the wicked their wishes; make their plot fail, so they won’t grow proud. (Selah) 10 (9) May the heads of those who surround me be engulfed in the evil they spoke of, themselves. 11 (10) May burning coals rain down on them, may they be flung into the fire, flung into deep pits, never to rise again. 12 (11) Let slanderers find no place in the land; let the violent and evil be hunted relentlessly.
13 (12) I know that Adonai gives justice to the poor
and maintains the rights of the needy.
14 (13) The righteous will surely give thanks to your name;
the upright will live in your presence.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 140 (139) 

 

Psalm 140 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(139-1) ^^Псалом. Начальнику хора. Псалом Давида.^^ (139-2) Избавь меня, Господи, от человека злого; сохрани меня от притеснителя:
2 (139-3) они злое мыслят в сердце, всякий день ополчаются на брань,
3 (139-4) изощряют язык свой, как змея; яд аспида под устами их.
4 (139-5) Соблюди меня, Господи, от рук нечестивого, сохрани меня от притеснителей, которые замыслили поколебать стопы мои.
5 (139-6) Гордые скрыли силки для меня и петли, раскинули сеть по дороге, тенета разложили для меня.
6 (139-7) Я сказал Господу: Ты Бог мой; услышь, Господи, голос молений моих!
7 (139-8) Господи, Господи, сила спасения моего! Ты покрыл голову мою в день брани.
8 (139-9) Не дай, Господи, желаемого нечестивому; не дай успеха злому замыслу его: они возгордятся.
9 (139-10) Да покроет головы окружающих меня зло собственных уст их.
10 (139-11) Да падут на них горящие угли; да будут они повержены в огонь, в пропасти, так, чтобы не встали.
11 (139-12) Человек злоязычный не утвердится на земле; зло увлечет притеснителя в погибель.
12 (139-13) Знаю, что Господь сотворит суд угнетенным и справедливость бедным.
13 (139-14) Так! праведные будут славить имя Твое; непорочные будут обитать пред лицем Твоим.



____

Hebrew Bible

Proverbs 8:22-36 – Complete Jewish Bible
  
Adonai made me as the beginning of his way,
the first of his ancient works.
23 I was appointed before the world,
before the start, before the earth’s beginnings.
24 When I was brought forth, there were no ocean depths,
no springs brimming with water.
25 I was brought forth before the hills,
before the mountains had settled in place;
26 he had not yet made the earth, the fields,
or even the earth’s first grains of dust.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there.
When he drew the horizon’s circle on the deep,
28 when he set the skies above in place,
when the fountains of the deep poured forth,
29 when he prescribed boundaries for the sea,
so that its water would not transgress his command,
when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 I was with him as someone he could trust.
For me, every day was pure delight,
as I played in his presence all the time,.
31 playing everywhere on his earth,
and delighting to be with humankind.
32 “Therefore, children, listen to me:
happy are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and grow wise;
do not refuse it.
34 How happy the person who listens to me,
who watches daily at my gates
and waits outside my doors.
35 For he who finds me finds life
and obtains the favor of Adonai.
36 But he who misses me harms himself;
all who hate me love death.”




 * * * *

Притчи 8:22-36

Proverbs 8:22-36 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny
  
Господь создал меня в начале Своих дел[a],
    прежде древнейших Своих деяний;
23 я от века была назначена,
    изначально, прежде начала мира.
24 Я была рождена до существования океанов,
    до появления источников, изобилующих водой;
25 прежде чем горы были возведены,
    прежде холмов я была рождена,
26 когда Он не создал еще
    ни земли, ни полей,
ни первых пылинок мира.
27 Я была там, когда небеса воздвигал Он,
    когда начертал горизонт над поверхностью бездны,
28 когда наверху утвердил облака
    и когда укреплял источники бездны[b];
29 когда ставил Он морю рубеж,
    чтобы воды не преступали Его веления,
и когда размечал основания земли.
30 Тогда я была при Нем как ремесленник;
    я была Его[c] ежедневной радостью
и всегда ликовала пред Ним,
31 ликовала в Его обитаемом мире
    и радовалась о роде людском.
32 Итак, сыновья, послушайте меня;
    блаженны те, кто хранит мои пути.
33 Послушайте моего наставления и будьте мудры;
    не оставляйте его.
34 Блажен тот, кто слушает меня,
    ежедневно бодрствует у моих ворот,
    у дверей моих ждет.
35 Ведь тот, кто найдет меня, найдет жизнь,
    и Господь будет милостив к нему.
36 Но тот, кто упустит меня, повредит себе;
    все ненавидящие меня любят смерть».

Footnotes:

  1. Притчи 8:22 Или: «сделал меня началом пути Своего».
  2. Притчи 8:28 Или: «океана».
  3. Притчи 8:30 Так в одном из древних переводов; в нормативном еврейском тексте этого слова нет.


____

Epistle

2 Timothy 1:1-14 – Complete Jewish Bible

From: Sha’ul, an emissary of the Messiah Yeshua by God’s will, which holds forth a promise of life through being united with Messiah Yeshua
To: Timothy, my dear son:
Grace, mercy and shalom from God the Father and the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.
I give thanks to God, whom, like my forbears, I worship with a clean conscience, as I regularly remember you in my prayers night and day. I am reminded of your tears, and I long to see you, so that I might be filled with joy. I recall your sincere trust, the same trust that your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice had first; and I am convinced that you too now have this trust.
For this reason, I am reminding you to fan the flame of God’s gift, which you received through s’mikhah from me. For God gave us a Spirit who produces not timidity, but power, love and self-discipline. So don’t be ashamed of bearing testimony to our Lord or to me, his prisoner. On the contrary, accept your share in suffering disgrace for the sake of the Good News. God will give you the strength for it, since he delivered us and called us to a life of holiness as his people. It was not because of our deeds, but because of his own purpose and the grace which he gave to us who are united with the Messiah Yeshua. He did this before the beginning of time, 10 but made it public only now through the appearing of our Deliverer, the Messiah Yeshua, who abolished death and, through the Good News, revealed life and immortality.
11 It was for this Good News that I was appointed a proclaimer, emissary and teacher of the Goyim; 12 and this is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, because I know him in whom I have put my trust, and I am persuaded that he can keep safe until that Day what he has entrusted to me. 13 Follow the pattern of the sound teachings you have heard from me, with trust and the love which is yours in the Messiah Yeshua. 14 Keep safe the great treasure that has been entrusted to you, with the help of the Ruach HaKodesh, who lives in us.



http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+tim+1%3A1-14&version=CJB

 * * * *

2-е Тимофею 1:1-14 

2 Timothy 1:1-14 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

От Павла, апостола Христа Иисуса, избранного по воле Бога возвещать обещанную Им жизнь в Христе Иисусе.
2 Моему дорогому сыну Тимофею.
Благодать, милость и мир тебе от Бога Отца и нашего Господа Иисуса Христа.

Благодарность и ободрение

3 Я благодарю Бога, Которому служу с чистой совестью, как это делали и мои праотцы, когда вспоминаю о тебе в своих молитвах, которые я совершаю день и ночь. 4 Я вспоминаю твои слезы и очень хочу увидеть тебя: эта встреча крайне обрадовала бы меня. 5 Я вспоминаю и о твоей искренней вере: так верили и твоя бабушка Лоида, и твоя мать Эвника, и убежден, что эта же вера живет и в тебе. 6 По этой причине раздуй пламя твоего дара, который ты получил от Бога через возложение моих рук. 7 Ведь Бог дал нам не дух страха, а дух силы, любви и благоразумия.
8 Поэтому не бойся говорить о нашем Господе и не стыдись того, что я нахожусь в заключении за Него. Наоборот, раздели со мной страдания за Радостную Весть, положившись на силу Божью. 9 Бог спас нас и призвал нас Своим святым призывом не по нашим заслугам, но для исполнения Своей цели и по Своей благодати, данной нам через Иисуса Христа еще до начала времен. 10 И теперь мы увидели эту благодать, когда пришел Спаситель наш Иисус Христос, Который уничтожил смерть и через Радостную Весть показал новую жизнь и бессмертие. 11 И я был поставлен глашатаем, апостолом и учителем этой Радостной Вести. 12 За это я и страдаю сейчас, но не стыжусь этого, потому что знаю, в Кого я поверил, и знаю, что Он способен сохранить то, что я доверил Ему[a] до того Дня[b].
13 Пусть образцом правильного учения будет для тебя то, что ты услышал от меня. Живи с верой и любовью, которая в Иисусе Христе. 14 Пусть Святой Дух, живущий в нас, поможет тебе сберечь то доброе, что было тебе доверено.

Footnotes:

  1. 2-е Тимофею 1:12 Или: «то, что мне доверил».
  2. 2-е Тимофею 1:12 То есть до Дня Суда, или до дня Его возвращения.



____

Gospel

John 12:20-26 – Complete Jewish Bible

Among those who went up to worship at the festival were some Greek-speaking Jews. 21 They approached Philip, the one from Beit-Tzaidah in the Galil, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Yeshua.” 22 Philip came and told Andrew; then Andrew and Philip went and told Yeshua. 23 Yeshua gave them this answer: “The time has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Yes, indeed! I tell you that unless a grain of wheat that falls to the ground dies, it stays just a grain; but if it dies, it produces a big harvest. 25 He who loves his life loses it, but he who hates his life in this world will keep it safe right on into eternal life! 26 If someone is serving me, let him follow me; wherever I am, my servant will be there too. My Father will honor anyone who serves me.



 * * * *

John 12:20-26 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус говорит о Своей смерти

20 Среди пришедших на праздник для поклонения было несколько греков. 21 Они подошли к Филиппу, ученику Иисуса, который был родом из Вифсаиды в Галилее, и попросили:
– Господин, мы бы хотели увидеть Иисуса.
22 Филипп пошел к Андрею, и они вдвоем подошли и сказали об этом Иисусу. 23 Иисус ответил:
– Настал час прославиться Сыну Человеческому. 24 Говорю вам истину: если пшеничное зерно не упадет в землю и не умрет, то оно останется одним зерном. Если же оно умрет, то из него произойдет много зерен. 25 Тот, кто любит свою жизнь, тот потеряет ее, но кто возненавидит свою жизнь в этом мире, тот сохранит ее для вечной жизни. 26 Тот, кто служит Мне, должен и следовать за Мной. И где Я, там будет и Мой слуга. И Отец Мой прославит того, кто служит Мне.







No comments:

Post a Comment