Friday, March 21, 2014

Fifteenth Day of Lent -- March 21, 2014 – Lectionary Year 2

Psalter

Morning

Psalm 69 – Complete Jewish Bible

(0) For the leader. Set to “Lilies.” By David:
2 (1) Save me, God!
For the water threatens my life.
3 (2) I am sinking down in the mud,
and there is no foothold;
I have come into deep water;
the flood is sweeping over me.
4 (3) I am exhausted from crying,
my throat is dry and sore,
my eyes are worn out
with looking for my God.
5 (4) Those who hate me for no reason
outnumber the hairs on my head.
My persecutors are powerful,
my enemies accuse me falsely.
Am I expected to return
things I didn’t steal?
6 (5) God, you know how foolish I am;
my guilt is not hidden from you.
7 (6) Let those who put their hope in you,
Adonai Elohim-Tzva’ot,
not be put to shame through me;
let those who are seeking you,
God of Isra’el,
not be disgraced through me.
8 (7) For your sake I suffer insults,
shame covers my face.
9 (8) I am estranged from my brothers,
an alien to my mother’s children,
10 (9) because zeal for your house is eating me up,
and on me are falling the insults
of those insulting you.
11 (10) I weep bitterly, and I fast,
but that too occasions insults.
12 (11) I clothe myself with sackcloth
and become an object of scorn,
13 (12) the gossip of those sitting by the town gate,
the theme of drunkards’ songs.
14 (13) As for me, Adonai, let my prayer to you
come at an acceptable time;
In your great grace, God, answer me
with the truth of your salvation.
15 (14) Rescue me from the mud!
Don’t let me sink!
Let me be rescued from those who hate me
and from the deep water.
16 (15) Don’t let the floodwaters overwhelm me,
don’t let the deep swallow me up,
don’t let the pit close its mouth over me.
17 (16) Answer me, Adonai, for your grace is good;
in your great mercy, turn to me.
18 (17) Don’t hide your face from your servant,
for I am in trouble; answer me quickly.
19 (18) Come near to me, and redeem me;
ransom me because of my enemies.
20 (19) You know how I am insulted,
shamed and disgraced;
before you stand all my foes.
21 (20) Insults have broken my heart
to the point that I could die.
I hoped that someone would show compassion,
but nobody did;
and that there would be comforters,
but I found none.
22 (21) They put poison in my food;
in my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.
23 (22) Let their dining table
before them become a snare;
when they are at peace,
let it become a trap;
24 (23) let their eyes be darkened,
so that they can’t see,
and let their bodies
always be stumbling.
25 (24) Pour out your fury on them,
let your fierce anger overtake them.
26 (25) Let the place where they live be desolate,
with no one to live in their tents,
27 (26) for persecuting someone you had already stricken,
for adding to the pain of those you wounded.
28 (27) Add guilt to their guilt,
don’t let them enter your righteousness.
29 (28) Erase them from the book of life,
let them not be written with the righteous.
30 (29) Meanwhile, I am afflicted and hurting;
God, let your saving power raise me up.
31 (30) I will praise God’s name with a song
and extol him with thanksgiving.
32 (31) This will please Adonai more than a bull,
with its horns and hoofs.
33 (32) The afflicted will see it and rejoice;
you seeking after God, let your heart revive.
34 (33) For Adonai pays attention to the needy
and doesn’t scorn his captive people.
35 (34) Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and whatever moves in them.
36 (35) For God will save Tziyon,
he will build the cities of Y’hudah.
[His people] will settle there and possess it.
37 (36) The descendants of his servants will inherit it,
and those who love his name will live there.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 69 (68)


Psalm 69 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(68-1) ^^Начальнику хора. На Шошанниме. Псалом Давида.^^ (68-2) Спаси меня, Боже, ибо воды дошли до души [моей].
2 (68-3) Я погряз в глубоком болоте, и не на чем стать; вошел во глубину вод, и быстрое течение их увлекает меня.
3 (68-4) Я изнемог от вопля, засохла гортань моя, истомились глаза мои от ожидания Бога [моего].
4 (68-5) Ненавидящих меня без вины больше, нежели волос на голове моей; враги мои, преследующие меня несправедливо, усилились; чего я не отнимал, то должен отдать.
5 (68-6) Боже! Ты знаешь безумие мое, и грехи мои не сокрыты от Тебя.
6 (68-7) Да не постыдятся во мне все, надеющиеся на Тебя, Господи, Боже сил. Да не посрамятся во мне ищущие Тебя, Боже Израилев,
7 (68-8) ибо ради Тебя несу я поношение, и бесчестием покрывают лице мое.
8 (68-9) Чужим стал я для братьев моих и посторонним для сынов матери моей,
9 (68-10) ибо ревность по доме Твоем снедает меня, и злословия злословящих Тебя падают на меня;
10 (68-11) и плачу, постясь душею моею, и это ставят в поношение мне;
11 (68-12) и возлагаю на себя вместо одежды вретище, --и делаюсь для них притчею;
12 (68-13) о мне толкуют сидящие у ворот, и поют в песнях пьющие вино.
13 (68-14) А я с молитвою моею к Тебе, Господи; во время благоугодное, Боже, по великой благости Твоей услышь меня в истине спасения Твоего;
14 (68-15) извлеки меня из тины, чтобы не погрязнуть мне; да избавлюсь от ненавидящих меня и от глубоких вод;
15 (68-16) да не увлечет меня стремление вод, да не поглотит меня пучина, да не затворит надо мною пропасть зева своего.
16 (68-17) Услышь меня, Господи, ибо блага милость Твоя; по множеству щедрот Твоих призри на меня;
17 (68-18) не скрывай лица Твоего от раба Твоего, ибо я скорблю; скоро услышь меня;
18 (68-19) приблизься к душе моей, избавь ее; ради врагов моих спаси меня.
19 (68-20) Ты знаешь поношение мое, стыд мой и посрамление мое: враги мои все пред Тобою.
20 (68-21) Поношение сокрушило сердце мое, и я изнемог, ждал сострадания, но нет его, --утешителей, но не нахожу.
21 (68-22) И дали мне в пищу желчь, и в жажде моей напоили меня уксусом.
22 (68-23) Да будет трапеза их сетью им, и мирное пиршество их--западнею;
23 (68-24) да помрачатся глаза их, чтоб им не видеть, и чресла их расслабь навсегда;
24 (68-25) излей на них ярость Твою, и пламень гнева Твоего да обымет их;
25 (68-26) жилище их да будет пусто, и в шатрах их да не будет живущих,
26 (68-27) ибо, кого Ты поразил, они [еще] преследуют, и страдания уязвленных Тобою умножают.
27 (68-28) Приложи беззаконие к беззаконию их, и да не войдут они в правду Твою;
28 (68-29) да изгладятся они из книги живых и с праведниками да не напишутся.
29 (68-30) А я беден и страдаю; помощь Твоя, Боже, да восставит меня.
30 (68-31) Я буду славить имя Бога [моего] в песни, буду превозносить Его в славословии,
31 (68-32) и будет это благоугоднее Господу, нежели вол, нежели телец с рогами и с копытами.
32 (68-33) Увидят [это] страждущие и возрадуются. И оживет сердце ваше, ищущие Бога,
33 (68-34) ибо Господь внемлет нищим и не пренебрегает узников Своих.
34 (68-35) Да восхвалят Его небеса и земля, моря и все движущееся в них;
35 (68-36) ибо спасет Бог Сион, создаст города Иудины, и поселятся там и наследуют его,
36 (68-37) и потомство рабов Его утвердится в нем, и любящие имя Его будут поселяться на нем.



* * * *
Evening

Psalm 73 –  Complete Jewish Bible

Book III: Psalms 73–89

73 (0) A psalm of Asaf:
(1) How good God is to Isra’el,
to those who are pure in heart!
But as for me, I lost my balance,

my feet nearly slipped,
when I grew envious of the arrogant
and saw how the wicked prosper.
For when their death comes, it is painless;
and meanwhile, their bodies are healthy;
they don’t have ordinary people’s troubles,
they aren’t plagued like others.
So for them, pride is a necklace;
and violence clothes them like a robe.
Their eyes peep out through folds of fat;

evil thoughts overflow from their hearts.
They scoff and speak with malice,
they loftily utter threats.
They set their mouths against heaven;
their tongues swagger through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here
and [thoughtlessly] suck up that whole cup of water.
11 Then they ask, “How does God know?

Does the Most High really have knowledge?”
12 Yes, this is what the wicked are like;
those free of misfortune keep increasing their wealth.
13 It’s all for nothing that I’ve kept my heart clean

and washed my hands, staying free of guilt;
14 for all day long I am plagued;
my punishment comes every morning.
15 If I had said, “I will talk like them,”
I would have betrayed a generation of your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this,

I found it too hard for me —
17 until I went into the sanctuaries of God
and grasped what their destiny would be.
18 Indeed, you place them on a slippery slope
and make them fall to their ruin.
19 How suddenly they are destroyed,
swept away by terrors!
20 They are like a dream when one awakens;

Adonai, when you rouse yourself,
you will despise their phantoms.
21 When I had a sour attitude
and felt stung by pained emotions,
22 I was too stupid to understand;

I was like a brute beast with you.
23 Nevertheless, I am always with you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You will guide me with your advice;
and afterwards, you will receive me with honor.
25 Whom do I have in heaven but you?
And with you, I lack nothing on earth.
26 My mind and body may fail; but God

is the rock for my mind and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who adulterously leave you.
28 But for me, the nearness of God is my good;

I have made Adonai Elohim my refuge,
so that I can tell of all your works.


Psalm 73 -- Complete Jewish Bible

 * * * *

Псалтирь 73 (72)


Psalm 73 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(72-1) ^^Псалом Асафа.^^ Как благ Бог к Израилю, к чистым сердцем!
2 (72-2) А я--едва не пошатнулись ноги мои, едва не поскользнулись стопы мои, --
3 (72-3) я позавидовал безумным, видя благоденствие нечестивых,
4 (72-4) ибо им нет страданий до смерти их, и крепки силы их;
5 (72-5) на работе человеческой нет их, и с [прочими] людьми не подвергаются ударам.
6 (72-6) Оттого гордость, как ожерелье, обложила их, и дерзость, [как] наряд, одевает их;
7 (72-7) выкатились от жира глаза их, бродят помыслы в сердце;
8 (72-8) над всем издеваются, злобно разглашают клевету, говорят свысока;
9 (72-9) поднимают к небесам уста свои, и язык их расхаживает по земле.
10 (72-10) Потому туда же обращается народ Его, и пьют воду полною чашею,
11 (72-11) и говорят: 'как узнает Бог? и есть ли ведение у Вышнего?'
12 (72-12) И вот, эти нечестивые благоденствуют в веке сем, умножают богатство.
13 (72-13) так не напрасно ли я очищал сердце мое и омывал в невинности руки мои,
14 (72-14) и подвергал себя ранам всякий день и обличениям всякое утро?
15 (72-15) [Но] если бы я сказал: 'буду рассуждать так', --то я виновен был бы пред родом сынов Твоих.
16 (72-16) И думал я, как бы уразуметь это, но это трудно было в глазах моих,
17 (72-17) доколе не вошел я во святилище Божие и не уразумел конца их.
18 (72-18) Так! на скользких путях поставил Ты их и низвергаешь их в пропасти.
19 (72-19) Как нечаянно пришли они в разорение, исчезли, погибли от ужасов!
20 (72-20) Как сновидение по пробуждении, так Ты, Господи, пробудив [их], уничтожишь мечты их.
21 (72-21) Когда кипело сердце мое, и терзалась внутренность моя,
22 (72-22) тогда я был невежда и не разумел; как скот был я пред Тобою.
23 (72-23) Но я всегда с Тобою: Ты держишь меня за правую руку;
24 (72-24) Ты руководишь меня советом Твоим и потом примешь меня в славу.
25 (72-25) Кто мне на небе? и с Тобою ничего не хочу на земле.
26 (72-26) Изнемогает плоть моя и сердце мое: Бог твердыня сердца моего и часть моя вовек.
27 (72-27) Ибо вот, удаляющие себя от Тебя гибнут; Ты истребляешь всякого отступающего от Тебя.
28 (72-28) А мне благо приближаться к Богу! На Господа Бога я возложил упование мое, чтобы возвещать все дела Твои.



____

Hebrew Bible

Genesis 43:1-15 – Complete Jewish Bible

But the famine was severe in the land; so when they had eaten up the grain which they had brought out of Egypt, their father said to them, “Go again, buy us a little food.” Y’hudah said to him, “The man expressly warned us, ‘You will not see my face unless your brother is with you.’ If you will send our brother with us, we will go down and buy you food; but if you will not send him, we will not go down; for the man said to us, ‘You will not see my face unless your brother is with you.’” Isra’el said, “Why did you bring such trouble my way by telling the man you had another brother?” They answered, “The man kept questioning us about ourselves and about our kinsmen. He asked, ‘Is your father still alive?’ ‘Do you have another brother?’ and we answered according to the literal meaning of his questions. How were we to know he would say, ‘Bring your brother down’?”

Y’hudah said to Isra’el his father, “Send the boy with me; and we will make preparations and leave; so that we may stay alive and not die, both we and you, and also our little ones. I myself will guarantee his safety; you can hold me responsible. If I fail to bring him to you and present him to your face, let me bear the blame forever. 10 Except for our lengthy delay, we would have been there again by now.”

11 Their father Isra’el answered them, “If that’s how it is, do this: take in your containers some of the land’s best products, and bring the man a gift — some healing resin, a little honey, aromatic gum, opium, pistachio nuts and almonds.  

12 Take twice the amount of money with you; and return the money that came 
back with you in your packs — it could have been an oversight. 13 Yes, and take your brother too; and get ready; and go again to the man. 14 May El Shaddai give you favor in the man’s sight, so that he will release to you your other brother as well as Binyamin. As for me, if I must lose my children, lose them I will.” 15 The men took that gift, and they took twice the money with them, and Binyamin; then they prepared, went down to Egypt and stood before Yosef.



Genesis 43:1-15 -- Complete Jewish Bible

 * * * *

Бытие 43:1-15


Genesis 43:1-15 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иаков отпускает Вениамина в Египет

В той земле по-прежнему свирепствовал голод. 2 Когда они съели все зерно, привезенное из Египта, отец сказал им:

– Вернитесь и купите нам еще немного еды.

3 Но Иуда сказал ему:

– Тот человек нас строго предупредил: «Не показывайтесь мне на глаза, если с вами не будет вашего брата». 4 Если ты отпустишь с нами брата, то мы пойдем и купим для тебя еды. 5 Но если ты не отпустишь его, мы не пойдем, потому что тот человек сказал нам: «Не показывайтесь мне на глаза, если с вами не будет вашего брата».

6 – Зачем вы навели на меня эту беду, зачем сказали тому человеку, что у вас есть еще один брат? – спросил Израиль.

7 Они ответили:

– Тот человек подробно расспрашивал нас о нас самих и о нашей семье: «Жив ли еще ваш отец? Нет ли у вас еще одного брата?» Мы просто отвечали на его вопросы. Откуда нам было знать, что он скажет: «Приведите сюда вашего брата»?

8 Иуда сказал Израилю, своему отцу:

– Отпусти мальчика со мной, и мы тотчас же отправимся, чтобы все мы выжили и не погибли: и мы, и ты, и наши дети. 9 Я лично буду за него порукой; с меня лично ты спросишь за него. Если я не приведу его к тебе и не поставлю здесь перед тобой, я буду виноват перед тобой до самой смерти. 10 Если бы мы не медлили, то могли бы пойти и вернуться уже дважды.

11 Тогда их отец Израиль сказал им:

– Если этого не избежать, то сделайте вот что: положите в сумки лучшие плоды этой земли и отнесите в дар тому человеку – бальзам и мед, специи и мирру, фисташки и миндаль. 12 Возьмите вдвое больше серебра, чтобы вам принести с собой и то, что было положено обратно в ваши мешки: возможно, это была ошибка. 13 Возьмите и вашего брата и, не медля, идите снова к тому человеку. 14 Пусть Бог Всемогущий[a] дарует вам милость перед ним, чтобы он позволил и другому вашему брату, и Вениамину вернуться с вами. Что же до меня, то если мне суждено лишиться детей, пусть я лишусь.

Второе прибытие братьев Иосифа в Египет

15 Они взяли подарки и вдвое больше серебра, затем взяли Вениамина, немедля отправились в Египет и предстали перед Иосифом.

Footnotes:

  1. Бытие 43:14 Евр.: «эль-шаддай».

Gensis 43:1-15 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

____

Epistle

1 Corinthians 7:1-9 – Complete Jewish Bible

 Now to deal with the questions you wrote about: “Is it good for a man to keep away from women?” Well, because of the danger of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give his wife what she is entitled to in the marriage relationship, and the wife should do the same for her husband. The wife is not in charge of her own body, but her husband is; likewise, the husband is not in charge of his own body, but his wife is. Do not deprive each other, except for a limited time, by mutual agreement, and then only so as to have extra time for prayer; but afterwards, come together again. Otherwise, because of your lack of self-control, you may succumb to the Adversary’s temptation. I am giving you this as a suggestion, not as a command. Actually, I wish everyone were like me; but each has his own gift from God, one this, another that.
Now to the single people and the widows I say that it is fine if they remain unmarried like me; but if they can’t exercise self-control, they should get married; because it is better to get married than to keep burning with sexual desire.



 * * * *

1-е Коринфянам 7:1-9


1 Corinthians 7:1-9 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

О браке

 Вы писали мне: «Хорошо, если мужчина не прикасается к женщине». 2 Но чтобы избежать разврата каждый мужчина должен иметь свою жену и каждая женщина иметь своего мужа[a]. 3 Муж должен выполнять свои супружеские обязанности по отношению к жене, и жена – по отношению к мужу. 4 Тело жены принадлежит не ей самой, но ее мужу. Также и тело мужа принадлежит не ему самому, но его жене. 5 Не избегайте близости друг с другом, разве что на короткий период, договорившись это время посвятить посту и[b] молитве. Но после этого будьте опять друг с другом, чтобы сатана не искушал вас невоздержанием. 6 Впрочем, я говорю это[c] в качестве уступки, а не повеления. 7 Я бы хотел, чтобы все были, как я[d], но каждый имеет свой дар от Бога: у одного один, у другого другой.

8 Я же говорю безбрачным[e] и вдовам: им лучше не вступать в брак и жить, как я. 9 Но если они не в силах воздерживаться, то пусть женятся, это лучше, чем разжигаться страстью.

Footnotes:

  1. 1-е Коринфянам 7:2 Иметь свою жену и каждая женщина иметь своего мужа – То есть жить в супружеской близости друг с другом.
  2. 1-е Коринфянам 7:5 Слова «посту и» отсутствует в древнейших рукописях.
  3. 1-е Коринфянам 7:6 То есть о временном воздержании.
  4. 1-е Коринфянам 7:7 То есть неженаты.
  5. 1-е Коринфянам 7:8 Существуют различные понимания того, кто подразумевается под «безбрачными»: 1) вдовцы; 2) неженатые или незамужние; 3) разведенные женщины.
1 Corinthian 7:1-9 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny


____

Gospel

Mark 4:35-41 – Complete Jewish Bible

That day, when evening had come, Yeshua said to them, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” 36 So, leaving the crowd behind, they took him just as he was, in the boat; and there were other boats with him. 37 A furious windstorm arose, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was close to being swamped. 38 But he was in the stern on a cushion, asleep. They woke him and said to him, “Rabbi, doesn’t it matter to you that we’re about to be killed?” 39 He awoke, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” The wind subsided, and there was a dead calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Have you no trust even now?” 41 But they were terrified and asked each other, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the waves obey him?”

Mark 4:35-41 -- Complete Jewish Bible

 * * * *

От Марка 4:35-41


Mark 4:35-41 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус усмиряет шторм

(Мат. 8:18,23-27; Лк. 8:22-25)

35 В тот же день, вечером, Иисус сказал Своим ученикам:
– Переправимся на другую сторону озера.
36 Отпустив народ, они вошли в лодку к Иисусу и отплыли от берега. К ним присоединились и другие лодки. 37 Внезапно поднялся сильный шторм. Волны били о борта лодки, и ее стало заливать. 38 А Иисус в это время спал на корме, подложив подушку под голову. Ученики разбудили Его и сказали:
– Учитель! Неужели Тебе все равно, что мы гибнем?
39 Проснувшись, Он запретил ветру и приказал озеру:
– Умолкни! Перестань!
В тот же момент ветер стих, и наступил полный штиль.
40 – Ну, что вы испугались? – сказал Он ученикам. – Неужели у вас еще нет веры?
41 Перепуганные ученики спрашивали друг друга:
– Кто Он, что даже ветер и море Ему повинуются?

Mark 4:35-41 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny





No comments:

Post a Comment