Saturday, December 21, 2013

Advent Day 21 – December 21, 2013




Psalter

Morning

Psalm 55 – World English Bible

For the Chief Musician. On stringed instruments. A contemplation by David.

55 Listen to my prayer, God.
    Don’t hide yourself from my supplication.

Attend to me, and answer me.
    I am restless in my complaint, and moan,
    Because of the voice of the enemy,
    Because of the oppression of the wicked.
For they bring suffering on me.
    In anger they hold a grudge against me.

My heart is severely pained within me.
    The terrors of death have fallen on me.
Fearfulness and trembling have come on me.
    Horror has overwhelmed me.
I said, “Oh that I had wings like a dove!
    Then I would fly away, and be at rest.
Behold, then I would wander far off.
    I would lodge in the wilderness.”

Selah.

“I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and storm.”
Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language,
    for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls.
    Malice and abuse are also within her.
11 Destructive forces are within her.
    Threats and lies don’t depart from her streets.

12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me,
    then I could have endured it.
Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me,
    then I would have hidden myself from him.

13 But it was you, a man like me,
    my companion, and my familiar friend.
14 We took sweet fellowship together.
    We walked in God’s house with company.

15 Let death come suddenly on them.
    Let them go down alive into Sheol.[a]
    For wickedness is among them, in their dwelling.

16 As for me, I will call on God.
    Yahweh will save me.
17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress.
    He will hear my voice.

18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
    although there are many who oppose me.
19 God, who is enthroned forever,
    will hear, and answer them.

Selah.

They never change,
    who don’t fear God.
 
20 He raises his hands against his friends.
    He has violated his covenant.
 
21 His mouth was smooth as butter,
    but his heart was war.
His words were softer than oil,
    yet they were drawn swords.

22 Cast your burden on Yahweh, and he will sustain you.
    He will never allow the righteous to be moved.
23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction.
    Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days,
    but I will trust in you.

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 55:15 Sheol is the place of the dead.



 * * * *

Psalm 55 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Дирижеру хора. На мотив «О голубке в дальней дубраве».
 
Мольба Давида, когда филистимляне схватили его в Гате[a].

2 Боже, помилуй меня,
    потому что люди меня затравили;
    всякий день, нападая, меня теснят.
 
3 Враг травит меня весь день;
    много тех, кто против меня воюет[b], о Всевышний.

4 Когда мне страшно,
    я на Тебя полагаюсь.
 
5 На Бога, Чье слово я славлю,
    на Бога полагаюсь,
и не устрашусь:
    что может мне сделать смертный?

6 А они весь день искажают слова мои,
    всегда замышляют сделать мне зло.
7
 Составляют заговоры, таятся,
    наблюдают за каждым моими шагами,
    желая меня убить.
 
8 Так не дай им избежать наказания за их вину;
    в гневе Своем, Боже, низложи народы!
9 У Тебя записаны все скитания мои;
    собери мои слезы в сосуд Свой, –
    не в Твоей ли книге они?
 
10 И враги мои обратятся вспять,
    когда я о помощи воззову.
Так я узнаю, что Бог со мной.
11 На Бога, Чье слово я славлю,
    на Господа, Чье слово я славлю,
12
 на Бога полагаюсь,
    и не устрашусь:
что может мне сделать человек?

13 Боже, я дам Тебе, что обещал,
    я принесу Тебе жертвы благодарения.
14
 Ведь Ты меня спас от смерти
    и не дал споткнуться моим ногам,
чтобы мне во свете живых
    ходить пред Тобою.

Footnotes:
  1. Псалтирь 55:1 См. 1 Цар. 21:10-15; 27:1-4.
  2. Псалтирь 55:3 Или: «тех, кто в гордыне со мной воюет».



 * * * * *

Evening

Psalm 138 – World English Bible

By David.

I will give you thanks with my whole heart.
    Before the gods,[a] I will sing praises to you.
I will bow down toward your holy temple,
    and give thanks to your Name for your loving kindness and for your truth;
    for you have exalted your Name and your Word above all.

In the day that I called, you answered me.
    You encouraged me with strength in my soul.
All the kings of the earth will give you thanks, Yahweh,
    for they have heard the words of your mouth.
Yes, they will sing of the ways of Yahweh;
    for great is Yahweh’s glory.

For though Yahweh is high, yet he looks after the lowly;
    but the proud, he knows from afar.
Though I walk in the middle of trouble, you will revive me.
    You will stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies.
    Your right hand will save me.

Yahweh will fulfill that which concerns me;
    your loving kindness, Yahweh, endures forever.
    Don’t forsake the works of your own hands.

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 138:1 The word elohim, used here, usually means “God” but can also mean “gods”, “princes”, or “angels”.



 * * * *

Psalm 138 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Дирижеру хора. Псалом Давида.

1 Господи, Ты испытал меня
    и знаешь меня.
2
 Сажусь ли я, встаю ли – Ты знаешь;
    мои мысли понимаешь издалека.
3
 Иду ли я, отдыхаю ли – Ты видишь,
    и все пути мои знаешь.
4
 Нет еще слова на моих устах,
    но Ты, Господи, его уже знаешь.
5
 Ты вокруг меня, и впереди, и позади,
    и кладешь на меня Свою руку.
6
 Ведение Твое удивительно для меня,
    слишком велико для моего понимания.

7 Куда могу уйти от Твоего Духа?
    Куда могу убежать от Твоего присутствия?
8
 Поднимусь ли на небеса – Ты там,
    сойду ли в мир мертвых – и там Ты.
9
 Взлечу ли на крыльях зари на востоке,
    поселюсь ли за дальними морями на западе,
10
 даже там Твоя рука поведет меня,
    Твоя правая рука удержит меня.

11 Если скажу: «Тьма сокроет меня,
    и свет превратится в ночь»,
12
 даже тогда тьма не темна для Тебя,
    и ночь светла, как день:
как тьма, так и свет.

13 Ты создал все внутренности мои,
    в материнской утробе соткал меня.
14
 Буду славить Тебя за то,
    что я так удивительно сотворен.
Чудесны Твои дела,
    душа моя сознает это вполне.
15
 Мои кости не были сокрыты от Тебя,
    когда я был в тайне сотворен,
образован в глубине материнской утробы[
a].
16
 Твои глаза видели мой зародыш,
    и в Твоей книге все мои дни были записаны,
когда ни одного из них еще и не было.

17 Как дороги для меня[b] Твои мысли, Боже!
    Как велико их число!
18
 Стану исчислять их –
    они многочисленнее песка.
Когда пробуждаюсь, я все еще с Тобой.

19 О Боже, если бы Ты истребил нечестивых!
    Отойдите от меня, кровожадные!
20
 Нечестиво они говорят против Тебя;
    Твои враги произносят Твое Имя напрасно
21
 Как не возненавидеть мне ненавидящих Тебя, Господи?
    Как не питать отвращение к тем, кто восстает против Тебя?
22
 Полной ненавистью ненавижу их;
    Твои враги и для меня враги.

23 Испытай меня, Боже, и узнай мое сердце;
    испытай меня и узнай мои помышления.
24
 Посмотри, не на опасном ли я пути
    и веди меня по пути вечному.

Footnotes:
  1. Псалтирь 138:15 Материнской утробы – букв.: «земли».
  2. Псалтирь 138:17 Или: «обо мне».



 * * * * *

Psalm 139 – World English Bible

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.

Yahweh, you have searched me,
    and you know me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up.
    You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down,
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
    but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.
You hem me in behind and before.
    You laid your hand on me.
This knowledge is beyond me.
    It’s lofty.
    I can’t attain it.

Where could I go from your Spirit?
    Or where could I flee from your presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, you are there.
    If I make my bed in Sheol,[a] behold, you are there!
If I take the wings of the dawn,
    and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there your hand will lead me,
    and your right hand will hold me.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me;
    the light around me will be night”;
12 even the darkness doesn’t hide from you,
    but the night shines as the day.
    The darkness is like light to you.

13 For you formed my inmost being.
    You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to you,
    for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful.
    My soul knows that very well.
15 My frame wasn’t hidden from you,
    when I was made in secret,
    woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my body.
    In your book they were all written,
    the days that were ordained for me,
    when as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is their sum!
18 If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand.
    When I wake up, I am still with you.
19 If only you, God, would kill the wicked.
    Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 For they speak against you wickedly.
    Your enemies take your name in vain.

21 Yahweh, don’t I hate those who hate you?
    Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred.
    They have become my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart.
    Try me, and know my thoughts.
24 See if there is any wicked way in me,
    and lead me in the everlasting way.

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 139:8 Sheol is the place of the dead.



 * * * * *

Psalm 139 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Дирижеру хора. Псалом Давида.

2 Избавь меня, Господи, от злого человека,
    сохрани меня от жестоких.
3
 Они замышляют зло в сердце,
    постоянно готовы к войне.
4
 Изощряют свой язык, как змея;
    у них на губах яд гадюки.Пауза

5 Сохрани меня, Господи, от рук нечестивых,
    огради от жестоких,
    желающих поколебать мои стопы.
6
 Высокомерные спрятали силки для меня и петли,
    разложили сеть по дороге,
расставили для меня западню.Пауза

7 Я сказал Господу: «Ты – мой Бог;
    услышь голос моих молений, Господи!
8
 Владыка Господи, сила моего спасения,
    Ты прикрыл мою голову в день сражения.
9
 Не дай, Господи, желаемого нечестивому,
    не дай успеха его злому замыслу,
чтобы не возгордился».Пауза

10 Пусть головы окружающих меня
    покроет несчастье их собственных уст.
11
 Пусть падут на них горящие угли;
    пусть будут они повержены в огонь,
    в глубокую пропасть, откуда не подняться им.
12
 Пусть не утвердится на земле злоязычный человек;
    пусть зло преследует жестоких на погибель им.

13 Я знаю, что Господь даст правосудие бедным
    и заступится за нищих.
14
 Поистине, праведные будут славить Твое Имя;
    честные будут жить в Твоем присутствии.


____

Hebrew Bible

Zechariah 8:9-17 – World English Bible

Yahweh of Armies says: “Let your hands be strong, you who hear in these days these words from the mouth of the prophets who were in the day that the foundation of the house of Yahweh of Armies was laid, even the temple, that it might be built. 10 For before those days there was no wages for man, nor any wages for an animal; neither was there any peace to him who went out or came in, because of the adversary. For I set all men everyone against his neighbor.

11 But now I will not be to the remnant of this people as in the former days,” says Yahweh of Armies. 12 “For the seed of peace and the vine will yield its fruit, and the ground will give its increase, and the heavens will give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 13 It shall come to pass that, as you were a curse among the nations, house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing. Don’t be afraid. Let your hands be strong.”

14 For Yahweh of Armies says: “As I thought to do evil to you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath,” says Yahweh of Armies, “and I didn’t repent; 15 so again have I thought in these days to do good to Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. Don’t be afraid. 16 These are the things that you shall do: speak every man the truth with his neighbor. Execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates, 17 and let none of you devise evil in your hearts against his neighbor, and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate,” says Yahweh.


 * * * *

Zechariah 8:9-17 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Так говорит Господь Cил: Вы, кто ныне слышит из уст пророков эти слова, которые были сказаны, когда закладывались основания дома Господа Сил! Пусть ваши руки будут сильными, чтобы храм был построен. 10 До этого времени человеку за труд не платили, скот не кормили. Никому из странствующих не было покоя от врагов, потому что Я обратил всех людей друг против друга.

11 Но с остатком народа Я не стану больше поступать, как прежде, – возвещает Господь Cил. – 12 Семена будут спокойно прорастать, виноградная лоза принесет плод, земля даст урожай, и небеса будут сочиться росой. Все это Я отдам во владение остатку народа. 13 Вы были проклятием среди народов, дом Иуды и дом Израиля, но Я спасу вас, и вы станете благословением. Не бойтесь; пусть ваши руки будут сильными.

14 Так говорит Господь Cил: Я решил покарать вас и не миловать, когда ваши отцы вызвали Мой гнев, – говорит Господь Cил, – 15 но теперь Я решил снова сделать Иерусалиму и Иудее добро. Не бойтесь. 16 Вот что вам следует делать: говорите друг другу правду, судите в своих судах истинным судом – тем, который приносит мир, 17 не замышляйте зла против своего ближнего и не любите клясться ложно. Все это Я ненавижу, – возвещает Господь.


____

Epistle

Revelation 6:1-17 – World English Bible

 I saw that the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying, as with a voice of thunder, “Come and see!” And behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow. A crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come!” Another came out, a red horse. To him who sat on it was given power to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another. There was given to him a great sword.

When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come and see!” And behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a balance in his hand. I heard a voice in the middle of the four living creatures saying, “A choenix [a] of wheat for a denarius, and three choenix of barley for a denarius! Don’t damage the oil and the wine!”

When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see!” And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades [b] followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him.

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had. 10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, Master, the holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, [c] who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.

12 I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake. The sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became as blood. 13 The stars of the sky fell to the earth, like a fig tree dropping its unripe figs when it is shaken by a great wind. 14 The sky was removed like a scroll when it is rolled up. Every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 The kings of the earth, the princes, the commanding officers, the rich, the strong, and every slave and free person, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains. 16 They told the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 for the great day of his wrath has come; and who is able to stand?”

Footnotes:
  1. Revelation 6:6 A choenix is a dry volume measure that is a little more than a liter (a little more than a quart).
  2. Revelation 6:8 or, Hell
  3. Revelation 6:11 The word for “brothers” here and where context allows may also be correctly translated “brothers and sisters” or “siblings.”


 * * * *

Revelation 6:1-17 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Снятие первых шести печатей

Я видел, как Ягненок открыл первую из семи печатей, и затем услышал, как одно из четырех живых существ сказало громоподобным голосом:

– Подойди!

2 Я посмотрел и увидел белого коня. На нем сидел вооруженный луком всадник, которому был дан венец. Он выехал как победитель, и чтобы победить[a].

3 Когда Ягненок снял вторую печать, я услышал, как второе живое существо сказало:

– Подойди!

4 И вышел другой конь, огненно-рыжий. На нем сидел вооруженный длинным мечом всадник, которому была дана власть лишить землю мира, чтобы люди на ней убивали друг друга.

5 Когда Ягненок снял третью печать, я услышал, как третье живое существо сказало:

– Подойди!

Я увидел вороного коня. Сидящий на нем всадник держал в руке весы. 6 И я услышал со стороны четырех живых существ голос, говорящий:

– Одну меру[b] пшеницы – за динарий[c], и три меры[d] ячменя – за динарий, но не повреди масла и вина!

7 Когда Ягненок снял четвертую печать, я услышал голос четвертого существа. Оно сказало:

– Подойди!

8 Я увидел мертвенно-бледного коня. Его всадника звали Смерть, а за ним следовал ад. Им была дана власть над четвертой частью земли, чтобы губить людей мечом, голодом, эпидемиями и дикими зверями.

9 Когда Ягненок снял пятую печать, я увидел у подножия жертвенника души тех, кто был убит за слово Божье и за свое свидетельство. 10 Они громко закричали:

– До каких пор, святой и истинный Владыка, Ты не будешь судить и мстить живущим на земле за нашу кровь?

11 Каждому из них была дана белая одежда, и им было сказано подождать еще некоторое время, пока число их сотрудников и братьев, которые будут убиты так же, как и они, не достигнет своей полноты.

12 Потом я увидел, как Ягненок снял шестую печать. Тогда вдруг произошло сильное землетрясение[e], и солнце стало черным, как рубище, а луна стала красной, как кровь[f]. 13 Небесные звезды упали на землю, как незрелый инжир падает с деревьев от сильного порыва ветра[g]. 14 Небо свернулось, как свиток[h], и все горы и острова были сдвинуты со своих мест. 15 Цари земли, высокопоставленные чиновники, полководцы, богатые и власть имущие, и все люди – рабы и свободные – попрятались в пещерах и расщелинах гор[i].

16 – Упадите на нас, – умоляли они горы и скалы, – спрячьте нас[j] от лица Сидящего на троне и от гнева Ягненка! 17 Наступил великий День Их гнева, и кто может устоять?

Footnotes:

  1. Откровение 6:2 Ср. Зах. 1:8-17; 6:1-8.
  2. Откровение 6:6 Греч.: «хиникс», т. е. примерно 1 литр (600 г муки).
  3. Откровение 6:6 То есть заработок целого дня.
  4. Откровение 6:6 Букв.: «три хиникса».
  5. Откровение 6:12 Ср. Езек. 38:19-20; Агг. 2:6.
  6. Откровение 6:12 См. Ис. 13:10; Езек. 32:7-8; Иоиль 2:10; 3:15.
  7. Откровение 6:13 См. Мк. 13:24-26.
  8. Откровение 6:14 См. Ис. 34:4.
  9. Откровение 6:15 См. Ис. 2:10.
  10. Откровение 6:16 См. Ос. 10:8.


____

Gospel

Matthew 25:31-46 – World English Bible

 “But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.  

34 Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. 36 I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? 38 When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’

40 “The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of these my brothers[a] , you did it to me.’ 

41 Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

44 “Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’

45 “Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 25:40 The word for “brothers” here may be also correctly translated “brothers and sisters” or “siblings.”


 * * * *

Matthew 25:31-46 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Козлы и овцы

31 Когда Сын Человеческий придет в Своей славе и с Ним все ангелы, тогда Он сядет на престоле Своей славы. 32 Перед Ним будут собраны все народы, и Он отделит одних людей от других, как пастух отделяет овец от козлов. 33 Овец Он соберет по правую сторону от Себя, а козлов – по левую.

34 Тогда Царь скажет тем, кто по правую сторону: «Придите ко Мне, благословенные Моим Отцом, получите ваше наследство – Царство, приготовленное вам еще от создания мира. 35 Потому что Я был голоден, и вы накормили Меня; Я хотел пить, и вы напоили Меня; Я был странником, и вы приютили Меня. 36 Я был наг, и вы одели Меня; Я был болен, и вы ухаживали за Мной; Я был в тюрьме, и вы пришли навестить Меня».  

37 Тогда праведные скажут: «Господи, когда это мы видели Тебя голодным и накормили Тебя? Когда Ты хотел пить, и мы дали Тебе напиться? 38 Когда мы видели Тебя странником и приютили Тебя, или видели нагим и одели? 39 Когда мы видели Тебя больным или в тюрьме и навестили Тебя?»  

40 Царь им ответит: «Говорю вам истину: то, что вы сделали одному из наименьших Моих братьев, вы сделали Мне».

41 Тогда Он скажет и тем, кто будет по левую сторону: «Идите от Меня, проклятые, в вечный огонь, приготовленный для дьявола и его ангелов. 42 Потому что Я был голоден, и вы не накормили Меня; Я хотел пить, и вы не напоили Меня; 43 Я был странником, и вы не приютили Меня; Я был наг, и вы не одели Меня; Я был болен и в тюрьме, и вы не навестили Меня». 

44 Они тоже спросят: «Господи, когда это мы видели Тебя голодным, или когда Ты хотел пить, или был странником, или нуждался в одежде, или был болен, или в тюрьме, и мы не помогли Тебе?»  

45 Он им ответит: «Говорю вам истину: все, чего вы не сделали для одного из наименьших, вы не сделали Мне».

46 И они пойдут в вечное наказание, а праведники – в вечную жизнь.



No comments:

Post a Comment