Thursday, December 19, 2013

Advent Day 20 – December 20, 2013




Psalter

Morning

Psalm 40 – Revised Standard Version

Thanksgiving for Deliverance and Prayer for Help

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
 
He drew me up from the desolate pit,[a]
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
 
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
 
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord.

Blessed is the man who makes
    the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
    to those who go astray after false gods!
 
Thou hast multiplied, O Lord my God,
    thy wondrous deeds and thy thoughts toward us;
    none can compare with thee!
 
Were I to proclaim and tell of them,
    they would be more than can be numbered.

Sacrifice and offering thou dost not desire;
    but thou hast given me an open ear.[b]
 
Burnt offering and sin offering
    thou hast not required.
 
Then I said, “Lo, I come;
    in the roll of the book it is written of me;
 
I delight to do thy will, O my God;
    thy law is within my heart.”

I have told the glad news of deliverance
    in the great congregation;
lo, I have not restrained my lips,
    as thou knowest, O Lord.  
10 I have not hid thy saving help within my heart,
    I have spoken of thy faithfulness and thy salvation; 
I have not concealed thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness
    from the great congregation.

11 Do not thou, O Lord, withhold
    thy mercy from me,
let thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness
    ever preserve me!
 
12 For evils have encompassed me
    without number;
my iniquities have overtaken me,
    till I cannot see;
they are more than the hairs of my head;
    my heart fails me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me!
    O Lord, make haste to help me!
 
14 Let them be put to shame and confusion altogether
    who seek to snatch away my life;
let them be turned back and brought to dishonor
    who desire my hurt!
 
15 Let them be appalled because of their shame
    who say to me, “Aha, Aha!”

16 But may all who seek thee
    rejoice and be glad in thee;
may those who love thy salvation
    say continually, “Great is the Lord!”
17 As for me, I am poor and needy;
    but the Lord takes thought for me.
Thou art my help and my deliverer;
    do not tarry, O my God!

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 40:2 Cn: Heb pit of tumult
  2. Psalm 40:6 Heb ears thou hast dug for me



 * * * *

Psalm 40 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Псалом 40

1 Дирижеру хора. Псалом Давида.

2 Блажен тот, кто о слабом[a] заботится,
    во время беды избавит его Господь.
 
3 Господь сохранит его и сбережет ему жизнь,
    счастьем одарит его на земле
    и не отдаст его на произвол врагов.
 
4 Господь укрепит его на одре болезни,
    и с ложа недуга его поднимет.

5 Я сказал: «Помилуй меня, Господь;
    исцели меня – я пред Тобой согрешил».
 
6 Враги мои зло говорят обо мне:
    «Когда же умрет он и имя его погибнет?»
 
7 Если приходит кто навестить меня,
    то ложь говорит, а в сердце своем слагает злые слухи;
потом он выходит и всем их рассказывает.

8 Все враги мои шепчутся против меня,
    думают худшее обо мне[b]:
 
9 «Смертельный недуг его одолел;
    он слег и больше ему не встать».
 
10 Даже близкий друг, на которого я полагался,
    тот, кто ел мой хлеб, поднял свою пяту против меня[c].

11 Но Ты, Господи, помилуй меня;
    подними меня, и я воздам им!
 
12 Из того я узнаю, что угоден Тебе,
    если враг мой не превозможет меня,   
13 а меня Ты поддержишь за непорочность мою
    и поставишь пред Собою навеки.

Заключительное благословение первой книги

14 Благословен Господь, Бог Израиля,
    от века и до века!
 
Аминь и аминь!

Footnotes:
  1. Псалтирь 40:2 Или: «о бедном».
  2. Псалтирь 40:8 Или: «зло замышляют против меня».
  3. Псалтирь 40:10 См. Ин. 13:18, 21-27.



 * * * *

Psalm 54 – Revised Standard Version

Prayer for Vindication

To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David, when the Ziphites went and told Saul, “David is in hiding among us.”

54 Save me, O God, by thy name,
and vindicate me by thy might.
 
Hear my prayer, O God;
    give ear to the words of my mouth.

For insolent men[a] have risen against me,
    ruthless men seek my life;
    they do not set God before them.Selah

Behold, God is my helper;
    the Lord is the upholder[b] of my life.
 
He will requite my enemies with evil;
    in thy faithfulness put an end to them.

With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to thee;
    I will give thanks to thy name, O Lord, for it is good.
 
For thou hast delivered me from every trouble,
    and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 54:3 Another reading is strangers
  2. Psalm 54:4 Gk Syr Jerome: Heb of or with those who uphold



 * * * *

 Psalm 54 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Дирижеру хора. На струнных инструментах. Наставление Давида.

2 Боже, услышь молитву мою;
    от мольбы моей не таись;
3
 услышь меня и ответь мне!
    Думы томят меня, я в смятении
4
 от голоса врага,
    от притеснения нечестивого.
 
Они навели на меня беду
    и враждуют со мною, пылая гневом.

5 Сердце мое томится;
    ужасы смерти напали на меня.
 
6 Страх и трепет меня стеснили,
    и ужас меня объял.
 
7 Я сказал: «Кто дал бы мне крылья голубя!
    Я улетел бы и обрел покой,
8
 далеко улетел бы
    и жил в пустыне.Пауза
 
9 Я поспешил бы найти убежище
    вдалеке от вихрей и непогоды».

10 Смути их, Владыка, раздели их языки,
    так как вижу я в городе насилие и раздор.
 
11 Днем и ночью они обходят его по стенам,
    полон он беззакония и беды.
 
12 Гибель царит в нем;
    обман и коварство с улиц его не уходят.

13 Если бы враг меня оскорблял,
    я перенес бы.
Если бы ненавистник предо мной кичился,
    я бы мог от него укрыться.
 
14 Но это же ты, мой равный,
    мой товарищ, мой близкий друг,
15
 с кем вели мы искренний разговор
    и вместе ходили в дом Божий
с толпой богомольцев.

16 Да придет к врагам моим смерть;
    да сойдут они живыми в мир мертвых,
из-за зла в их домах и сердцах.

17 Но я воззову к Богу,
    и Господь спасет меня.
 
18 Вечером, утром и в полдень
    я сетую и кричу,
    и голос мой Он услышит.
 
19 Он вернет меня невредимым из сражений,
    которые я веду против стольких врагов,
    ополчившихся против меня.
 
20 Бог, на престоле сидящий от века,
    услышит меня и смирит их,Пауза
    потому что они не хотят измениться
и не боятся Бога.

21 Мой товарищ поднял на своих друзей руку;
    он нарушил свой союз.
 
22 Речь его мягче масла,
    но в сердце его – война;
слова – нежнее масла оливкового,
    но они – обнаженные мечи.

23 Возложи на Господа свою заботу[a],
    и Он тебя подкрепит;
    никогда Он не даст поколебаться праведнику.
 
24 Но нечестивых Ты, Боже, повергнешь
    в пропасть погибели.
 
Кровожадные и коварные
    не проживут и половины своих дней.

А я на Тебя полагаюсь.

Footnotes:
  1. Псалтирь 54:23 Иди: «бремя».


 * * * * *

Evening

Psalm 51 – Revised Standard Version

Prayer for Cleansing and Pardon

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to thy steadfast love;
    according to thy abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
 
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
    and cleanse me from my sin!

For I know my transgressions,
    and my sin is ever before me.
 
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned,
    and done that which is evil in thy sight,
so that thou art justified in thy sentence
    and blameless in thy judgment.
 
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
    and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward being;
    therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
 
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
    wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
 
Fill[a] me with joy and gladness;
    let the bones which thou hast broken rejoice.
 
Hide thy face from my sins,
    and blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and put a new and right[b] spirit within me.
 
11 Cast me not away from thy presence,
    and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
 
12 Restore to me the joy of thy salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit.

13 Then I will teach transgressors thy ways,
    and sinners will return to thee.
 
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness,[c] O God,
    thou God of my salvation,
    and my tongue will sing aloud of thy deliverance.

15 O Lord, open thou my lips,
    and my mouth shall show forth thy praise.
 
16 For thou hast no delight in sacrifice;
    were I to give a burnt offering, thou wouldst not be pleased.
 
17 The sacrifice acceptable to God[d] is a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Do good to Zion in thy good pleasure;
    rebuild the walls of Jerusalem,
19 then wilt thou delight in right sacrifices,
    in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings;
    then bulls will be offered on thy altar.

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 51:8 Syr: Heb Make to hear
  2. Psalm 51:10 Or steadfast
  3. Psalm 51:14 Or death
  4. Psalm 51:17 Or My sacrifice, O God


 * * * *

Psalm 51 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Дирижеру хора. Наставление Давида,
2
 когда эдомитянин Доэг пришел к Саулу
    и сообщил ему: «Давид в доме Ахимелеха[a]».

3 Что хвалишься злодейством, сильный?
    Весь день со мной милость Божья!
 
4 Твой язык замышляет гибель;
    он подобен отточенной бритве, о коварный.
 
5 Зло ты любишь больше добра,
    и ложь сильнее, чем слова правды.Пауза
 
6 Ты любишь гибельные слова
    и язык вероломный.

7 Но Бог погубит тебя навек;
    Он схватит тебя и выкинет прочь из шатра,
исторгнет твой корень из земли живых.Пауза
 
8 Увидят праведники и устрашатся,
    посмеются над ним, говоря:
 
9 «Вот человек,
    который не сделал Бога своей крепостью,
а верил в свои сокровища
    и укреплялся, уничтожая других![b]»

10 А я подобен маслине,
    зеленеющей в Божьем доме,
    я верю в Божью милость вовеки.
 
11 Буду славить Тебя вовек за сделанное Тобой.
    Перед Твоими верными я буду уповать на Твое Имя,
потому что оно прекрасно.

Footnotes:
  1. Псалтирь 51:2 См. 1 Цар. 21-22 гл.
  2. Псалтирь 51:9 Букв.: «своей гибелью» или «своим желанием».


____

Hebrew Bible

Zechariah 7:8 – 8:8 – Revised Standard Version

Punishment for Rejecting God’s Demands

And the word of the Lord came to Zechari′ah, saying, “Thus says the Lord of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy each to his brother, 10 do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor; and let none of you devise evil against his brother in your heart.” 11 But they refused to hearken, and turned a stubborn shoulder, and stopped their ears that they might not hear. 12 They made their hearts like adamant lest they should hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by his Spirit through the former prophets. Therefore great wrath came from the Lord of hosts.  

13 “As I called, and they would not hear, so they called, and I would not hear,” says the Lord of hosts, 14 “and I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations which they had not known. Thus the land they left was desolate, so that no one went to and fro, and the pleasant land was made desolate.”

God’s Promises to Zion

And the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying, “Thus says the Lord of hosts: I am jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I am jealous for her with great wrath. 
Thus says the Lord: I will return to Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem, and Jerusalem shall be called the faithful city, and the mountain of the Lord of hosts, the holy mountain.  
Thus says the Lord of hosts: Old men and old women shall again sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each with staff in hand for very age. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in its streets.  
Thus says the Lord of hosts: If it is marvelous in the sight of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvelous in my sight, says the Lord of hosts?  
Thus says the Lord of hosts: Behold, I will save my people from the east country and from the west country; and I will bring them to dwell in the midst of Jerusalem; and they shall be my people and I will be their God, in faithfulness and in righteousness.”




 * * * *

Zechariah 7:8 – 8:8 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

И было к Захарии слово Господне:
9 – Так говорит Господь Cил: «Судите справедливо; будьте милостивы и сострадательны друг к другу. 10 Не притесняйте вдову и сироту, чужеземца и бедняка. Не замышляйте зло друг против друга».

11 Но они отказались внимать; они упрямо повернулись спиной и заткнули уши, чтобы не слышать. 12 Они сделали свои сердца твердыми, как кремень, чтобы не слушать Закона и слов, которые Господь Cил посылал Своим Духом через прежних пророков. И поэтому Господь Cил сильно разгневался. 13 «Когда Я[a] звал их, они не слушали; поэтому, когда они будут звать, Я тоже не стану слушать, – говорит Господь Cил. – 14 Я ураганом развеял их среди народов, которых они не знали. Страна после них осталась в таком запустении, что через нее перестали ездить. Так они привели прекрасную землю в запустение».

Божьи обещания Иерусалиму

8 Было ко мне слово Господа Сил:
2 – Так говорит Господь Cил: Крепко возревновал Я о Сионе; Моя ревность о нем пылает, как огонь».

3 Так говорит Господь: Я вернусь на Сион и буду жить в Иерусалиме. Иерусалим назовут городом истины, и гора Господа Сил назовется святой горою.

4 Так говорит Господь Cил: Снова старики и старушки будут сидеть на улицах Иерусалима со старческой тростью в руках. 5 Улицы города наполнятся мальчиками и девочками, играющими там.

6 Так говорит Господь Cил: Если это покажется в то время невозможным для остатка народа, то должно ли это быть невозможным и для Меня? – возвещает Господь Cил.

7 Так говорит Господь Cил: Я вызволю Мой народ из восточных и западных стран. 8 Я верну их, чтобы им жить в Иерусалиме; они будут Моим народом, а Я буду их Богом, верным и праведным.

Footnotes:
  1. Захария 7:13 Букв.: «Он».


____

Epistle

Revelation 5:6-14 – Revised Standard Version

 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders, I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth; and he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints; and they sang a new song, saying,

“Worthy art thou to take the scroll and to open its seals,
for thou wast slain and by thy blood didst ransom men for God
from every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 and hast made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on earth.”

11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” 13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, “To him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!”  

14 And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshiped.



 * * * *

Revelation 5:6-14 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

И я увидел в самом центре трона, в окружении четырех живых существ и старцев, Ягненка, выглядевшего так, будто Его принесли в жертву. У Него было семь рогов а также семь глаз[a], которые есть семь духов Бога, посланных по всей земле. 7 Он подошел и взял свиток из правой руки Сидящего на троне. 8 И когда Он его взял, четыре живых существа и двадцать четыре старца пали перед Ягненком. У каждого из них в руках было по арфе и по золотому сосуду, полному благовоний – это молитвы святых. 9 И они поют новую песнь:

– Ты достоин взять свиток
    и снять с него печати!
Ведь Ты был принесен в жертву
    и Своей кровью выкупил людей для Бога:
    людей из всех родов, языков, народов и племен!
10
 Ты сделал их царством и священниками для Бога,
    и они будут царствовать на земле!

11 Потом я посмотрел и услышал голос множества ангелов, окружавших трон, живых существ и старцев, их были тьмы тем и тысячи тысяч[b]. 12 Они громко пели:
Достоин Ягненок, Который был принесен в жертву, принять власть, богатство, мудрость, силу, честь, славу и хвалу!

13 Потом я услышал, как все существа на небе, на земле, под землей, на море, и все, что в них, говорили:

– Сидящему на троне и Ягненку
    да будет хвала, честь, слава и власть вовеки!

14 Четыре живых существа говорили: «Аминь!» И старцы упали и поклонились.

Footnotes:
  1. Откровение 5:6 Семь рогов – символ всемогущества; семь глаз – символ всеведения.
  2. Откровение 5:11 См. Дан. 7:10.


____

Gospel

Matthew 25:14-30 – Revised Standard Version

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be as when a man going on a journey called his servants and entrusted to them his property; 15 to one he gave five talents,[a] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them; and he made five talents more. 17 So also, he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.  

20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master.’  

22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master.’  

24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not winnow; 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’ 

26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sowed, and gather where I have not winnowed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 

28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.’

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 25:15 This talent was more than fifteen years’ wages of a laborer


 * * * *

Matthew 25:14-30 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Притча о порученных деньгах

(Лк. 19:12-27)

14 Тогда будет, как у того человека, который, отправляясь в далекое путешествие, созвал своих слуг и поручил им свое имущество. 15 Одному он дал пять талантов, другому – два, третьему один, каждому по его способностям, а сам уехал.  

16 Получивший пять талантов сразу пошел, вложил деньги в дело и приобрел еще пять.  
17 Получивший два таланта тоже приобрел еще два. 18 А тот, который получил один талант, пошел, вырыл яму и закопал деньги, которые ему доверил хозяин.

19 Прошло много времени, и вот хозяин этих слуг вернулся и потребовал у них отчета.  

20 Человек, которому было доверено пять талантов, принес и другие пять: «Смотри, – сказал он хозяину, – ты доверил мне пять талантов, и я выручил еще пять!»  

21 Хозяин сказал: «Молодец! Ты хороший и верный слуга! Ты был верен мне в малом, и я поручу тебе более важное дело. Заходи и веселись со своим хозяином!»

22 Пришел и человек с двумя талантами. «Хозяин, – сказал он, – ты доверил мне два таланта, смотри, я выручил еще два!» 

23 Хозяин сказал: «Молодец! Ты хороший и верный слуга! Ты был верен мне в малом, и я смогу поручить тебе более важное дело. Заходи и веселись со своим хозяином!»

24 Затем пришел и тот, кому был доверен один талант. «Господин, – говорит он, – я знал, что ты человек суровый, жнешь там, где не сеял, и собираешь там, где не рассыпал. 25 Я очень боялся и поэтому пошел и спрятал твой талант в землю. Вот то, что тебе принадлежит». 

26 Хозяин же ответил: «Злой и ленивый слуга! Значит, ты знал, что я жну, где не сеял, и собираю, где не рассыпал? 27 В таком случае ты должен был пустить мои деньги в оборот, чтобы, когда я вернусь, ты мог отдать их мне с прибылью. 28 Заберите у него этот талант и дайте тому, у кого десять талантов. 29 Потому что каждому, у кого есть, будет дано еще, и у него будет избыток. А у кого нет, будет отнято и то, что у него есть.  

30 Выбросьте этого негодного слугу вон, во тьму, где будет плач и скрежет зубов».






No comments:

Post a Comment