Friday, December 13, 2013

Advent Day 13 – December 13, 2013




Psalter

Morning

Psalm 31 – Lexham English Bible

Yahweh Is a Fortress

For the music director. A psalm of David.[a]

31 In you, O Yahweh, I have taken refuge. Let me not be put to shame ever. Deliver me by your righteousness. Incline your ear to me. Quickly deliver me. Become my rock of refuge, a fortified keep[b] to save me. For you are my rock and my fortress. So, for the sake of your name, lead me and guide me. Bring me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit. You have redeemed me, O Yahweh, faithful God.[c] I hate those devoted to useless idols, but I trust Yahweh. I will exult and rejoice in your loyal love. Because you have seen my misery, you know the distresses of my life.[d] And you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy. You have set my feet in a broad place. Be gracious to me, O Yahweh, because I have distress. My eye wastes away because of vexation, along with my soul and my body.[e] 10 For my life is at an end with sorrow, and my years with sighing. My strength stumbles because of my iniquity, and my bones waste away. 11 Because of all my adversaries I have become a disgrace, especially to my neighbors, and a dread to my acquaintances. Those who see me in the street flee from me. 12 I have become forgotten like one dead, out of mind.[f] I am like a destroyed vessel. 13 For I hear the rumor of many, “Terror on every side!” When conspiring together against me, they have plotted to take my life. 14 But as for me, I trust you, O Yahweh. I say, “You are my God.” 15 My times[g] are in your hand. Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who pursue me. 16 Shine your face upon your servant. Save me by your loyal love. 17 O Yahweh, let me not be put to shame, for I call on you. Let the wicked be put to shame. Let them go silently[h] to Sheol. 18 Let lying lips be dumb, that speak against the righteous[i] unrestrained with arrogance and contempt. 19 How abundant is your goodness that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you perform for those who take refuge in you before the children of humankind. 20 You will hide them in the protection of your presence from the plots of man. You will hide them in a shelter from the strife of tongues. 21 Blessed is Yahweh, because he has worked marvelously his loyal love to me in a besieged city. 22 As for me, I said in my alarm, “I am cut off from before your eyes.” However you heard the voice of my supplications when I cried to you for help. 23 Love Yahweh, all you his faithful ones. Yahweh preserves the faithful but repays abundantly the one who acts arrogantly. 24 Be strong and let your[j] heart show strength, all you who wait for Yahweh.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 31:1 The Hebrew Bible counts the superscription as the first verse of the psalm; the English verse number is reduced by one
  2. Psalm 31:2 Literally “a house of strongholds”
  3. Psalm 31:5 Or “God of truth”
  4. Psalm 31:7 Or “soul”
  5. Psalm 31:9 Literally “belly”
  6. Psalm 31:12 Literally “heart”
  7. Psalm 31:15 Or “destiny”
  8. Psalm 31:17 Or “let them with wailing enter
  9. Psalm 31:18 Or “the innocent one”
  10. Psalm 31:24 Plural



 * * * *

Psalm 35 – Russian Synodal Bible

(30-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Псалом Давида.^^ (30-2) На Тебя, Господи, уповаю, да не постыжусь вовек; по правде Твоей избавь меня;
2 (30-3) приклони ко мне ухо Твое, поспеши избавить меня. Будь мне каменною твердынею, домом прибежища, чтобы спасти меня,
3 (30-4) ибо Ты каменная гора моя и ограда моя; ради имени Твоего води меня и управляй мною.
4 (30-5) Выведи меня из сети, которую тайно поставили мне, ибо Ты крепость моя.
5 (30-6) В Твою руку предаю дух мой; Ты избавлял меня, Господи, Боже истины.
6 (30-7) Ненавижу почитателей суетных идолов, но на Господа уповаю.
7 (30-8) Буду радоваться и веселиться о милости Твоей, потому что Ты призрел на бедствие мое, узнал горесть души моей
8 (30-9) и не предал меня в руки врага; поставил ноги мои на пространном месте.
9 (30-10) Помилуй меня, Господи, ибо тесно мне; иссохло от горести око мое, душа моя и утроба моя.
10 (30-11) Истощилась в печали жизнь моя и лета мои в стенаниях; изнемогла от грехов моих сила моя, и кости мои иссохли.
11 (30-12) От всех врагов моих я сделался поношением даже у соседей моих и страшилищем для знакомых моих; видящие меня на улице бегут от меня.
12 (30-13) Я забыт в сердцах, как мертвый; я--как сосуд разбитый,
13 (30-14) ибо слышу злоречие многих; отвсюду ужас, когда они сговариваются против меня, умышляют исторгнуть душу мою.
14 (30-15) А я на Тебя, Господи, уповаю; я говорю: Ты--мой Бог.
15 (30-16) В Твоей руке дни мои; избавь меня от руки врагов моих и от гонителей моих.
16 (30-17) Яви светлое лице Твое рабу Твоему; спаси меня милостью Твоею.
17 (30-18) Господи! да не постыжусь, что я к Тебе взываю; нечестивые же да посрамятся, да умолкнут в аде.
18 (30-19) Да онемеют уста лживые, которые против праведника говорят злое с гордостью и презреньем.
19 (30-20) Как много у Тебя благ, которые Ты хранишь для боящихся Тебя и которые приготовил уповающим на Тебя пред сынами человеческими!
20 (30-21) Ты укрываешь их под покровом лица Твоего от мятежей людских, скрываешь их под сенью от пререкания языков.
21 (30-22) Благословен Господь, что явил мне дивную милость Свою в укрепленном городе!
22 (30-23) В смятении моем я думал: 'отвержен я от очей Твоих'; но Ты услышал голос молитвы моей, когда я воззвал к Тебе.
23 (30-24) Любите Господа, все праведные Его; Господь хранит верных и поступающим надменно воздает с избытком.
24 (30-25) Мужайтесь, и да укрепляется сердце ваше, все надеющиеся на Господа!



____

Evening

Psalm 35 – Lexham English Bible

A Prayer for Rescue from Enemies

Of David.[a]

35 Contend, O Yahweh, with my contenders; fight those who fight me. Grasp buckler and shield and rise to my aid. And draw the spear and javelin to meet those who pursue me. Say to my soul, “I am your salvation.” Let those who seek my life be shamed and humiliated. Let those who plot calamity against me be repulsed and ashamed. Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of Yahweh driving them.[b] Let their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of Yahweh pursuing them. For without cause they secretly hide the pit with their net for me; without cause they dug it for my life. Let unforeseen ruin[c] come on him, and his net that he hid, let it catch him. Let him fall into it in ruin. Then my soul will rejoice in Yahweh; it will rejoice in his salvation. 10 All of my bones shall say, “O Yahweh, who is like you, who delivers the poor from one stronger than he and the poor and needy from the one who robs him?” 11 Violent witnesses rise up; they ask me concerning what I do not know. 12 They repay me evil in place of good. It is bereavement to my soul. 13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth. I weakened my soul with fasting, and my prayer returned to me unanswered.[d] 14 I behaved[e] as though he were a friend or as a brother to me. As one lamenting a mother, I was bowed down in mourning. 15 But at my stumbling they rejoiced and gathered together; smiters whom I did not know gathered against me. They tore and did not cease. 16 Among the ungodly of the mockers at feasts,[f] they gnashed at me with their teeth. 17 My Lord, how long will you watch? Restore my life from their ravages,[g] my only life from the young lions. 18 I will give thanks to you in the great assembly; among the mighty people I will praise you. 19 Let not those who are wrongfully my enemies[h] rejoice over me. Nor let those who hate me without cause wink the eye. 20 For they do not speak peace, but against the quiet ones of the land they plan deceitful words. 21 They also made wide their mouths[i] against me. They said, “Aha! Aha! Our eyes have seen it.” 22 You have seen, O Yahweh. Do not be deaf. O Lord, do not be far from me. 23 Wake up and rouse yourself for my right, for my cause, O my God and my Lord. 24 Vindicate me according to your righteousness, O Yahweh my God, and do not let them rejoice over me. 25 Do not let them say in their hearts,[j] “Aha, our desire.” Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.” 26 Let them be shamed and abashed altogether, who rejoice at my misfortune. Let them put on shame and insult, who magnify themselves against me. 27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, who delight in my vindication; and let them say continually, “Yahweh is great, who delights in the welfare of his servant.” 28 Then my tongue will proclaim your righteousness, and your praise all day.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 35:1 The Hebrew Bible counts the superscription as the first verse of the psalm
  2. Psalm 35:5 Literally “pushing”
  3. Psalm 35:8 Literally “ruin he does not know”
  4. Psalm 35:13 Literally “upon my lap it will return”
  5. Psalm 35:14 Literally “walked about”
  6. Psalm 35:16 With a slight change the Hebrew might read, “The ungodly boldly mocked”
  7. Psalm 35:17 Or “roaring”
  8. Psalm 35:19 Or “those who oppose me with falsehood”
  9. Psalm 35:21 Hebrew “mouth”
  10. Psalm 35:25 Hebrew “heart”


 * * * *

Psalm 35 – Russian Synodal Bible

(34-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Вступись, Господи, в тяжбу с тяжущимися со мною, побори борющихся со мною;
2 (34-2) возьми щит и латы и восстань на помощь мне;
3 (34-3) обнажи мечь и прегради [путь] преследующим меня; скажи душе моей: 'Я--спасение твое!'
4 (34-4) Да постыдятся и посрамятся ищущие души моей; да обратятся назад и покроются бесчестием умышляющие мне зло;
5 (34-5) да будут они, как прах пред лицем ветра, и Ангел Господень да прогоняет [их];
6 (34-6) да будет путь их темен и скользок, и Ангел Господень да преследует их,
7 (34-7) ибо они без вины скрыли для меня яму--сеть свою, без вины выкопали [ее] для души моей.
8 (34-8) Да придет на него гибель неожиданная, и сеть его, которую он скрыл [для меня], да уловит его самого; да впадет в нее на погибель.
9 (34-9) А моя душа будет радоваться о Господе, будет веселиться о спасении от Него.
10 (34-10) Все кости мои скажут: 'Господи! кто подобен Тебе, избавляющему слабого от сильного, бедного и нищего от грабителя его?'
11 (34-11) Восстали на меня свидетели неправедные: чего я не знаю, о том допрашивают меня;
12 (34-12) воздают мне злом за добро, сиротством душе моей.
13 (34-13) Я во время болезни их одевался во вретище, изнурял постом душу мою, и молитва моя возвращалась в недро мое.
14 (34-14) Я поступал, как бы это был друг мой, брат мой; я ходил скорбный, с поникшею головою, как бы оплакивающий мать.
15 (34-15) А когда я претыкался, они радовались и собирались; собирались ругатели против меня, не знаю за что, поносили и не переставали;
16 (34-16) с лицемерными насмешниками скрежетали на меня зубами своими.
17 (34-17) Господи! долго ли будешь смотреть [на это]? Отведи душу мою от злодейств их, от львов--одинокую мою.
18 (34-18) Я прославлю Тебя в собрании великом, среди народа многочисленного восхвалю Тебя,
19 (34-19) чтобы не торжествовали надо мною враждующие против меня неправедно, и не перемигивались глазами ненавидящие меня безвинно;
20 (34-20) ибо не о мире говорят они, но против мирных земли составляют лукавые замыслы;
21 (34-21) расширяют на меня уста свои; говорят: 'хорошо! хорошо! видел глаз наш'.
22 (34-22) Ты видел, Господи, не умолчи; Господи! не удаляйся от меня.
23 (34-23) Подвигнись, пробудись для суда моего, для тяжбы моей, Боже мой и Господи мой!
24 (34-24) Суди меня по правде Твоей, Господи, Боже мой, и да не торжествуют они надо мною;
25 (34-25) да не говорят в сердце своем: 'хорошо! по душе нашей!' Да не говорят: 'мы поглотили его'.
26 (34-26) Да постыдятся и посрамятся все, радующиеся моему несчастью; да облекутся в стыд и позор величающиеся надо мною.
27 (34-27) Да радуются и веселятся желающие правоты моей и говорят непрестанно: 'да возвеличится Господь, желающий мира рабу Своему!'
28 (34-28) И язык мой будет проповедывать правду Твою и хвалу Твою всякий день.



____

Hebrew Bible

Haggai 1:1-15 – Lexham English Bible

The Temple Lies in Ruins

In the second year of King Darius, in the sixth month, on the first day, the word of Yahweh came through[a] Haggai the prophet to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, saying, “Thus says Yahweh of hosts: ‘This people says, “The time has not come to rebuild the temple of Yahweh.’” [b] And the word of Yahweh came through[c] Haggai the prophet, saying, Is it a time for you yourselves to dwell in your houses that have been paneled while this house[d] is desolate?” And so then, thus says Yahweh of hosts: ‘Consider your ways![e] You have sown much but have harvested little. You have eaten without being satisfied; you have drunk without being satiated;[f] you have worn clothes without being warm; the one who earns wages puts it in a pouch with holes.’[g] Thus says Yahweh of hosts: ‘Consider your ways![h] Go up the mountain and bring wood and build the house[i] so that I may be pleased with it and honored,’ says Yahweh. ‘You have looked for much, and look! It came to little; and when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why?’ declares[j] Yahweh of hosts. ‘Because my house is desolate and you are running each to your own house! 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld the dew and the earth has withheld its produce. 11 I have called for a drought on the land and the hills,[k] on the grain, the new wine, the olive oil, on what the soil produces, on human beings and wild animals,[l] and on all their labor.’”[m]
12 Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and all the remnant of the people gave heed to the voice of Yahweh their God and to the words of Haggai the prophet, as Yahweh their God had sent him, and the people feared Yahweh.[n] 13 And Haggai the messenger of Yahweh spoke to the people with the message of Yahweh, saying, “‘I am with you’ declares[o] Yahweh.” 14 And Yahweh stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people. And they came and did the work on the house of Yahweh of hosts, their God, 15 on the twenty-fourth day of the sixth month in the second year of King Darius.

Footnotes:

  1. Haggai 1:1 Literally “through the hand of”
  2. Haggai 1:2 Literally “The time is not coming, the time for the house of Yahweh to be built”
  3. Haggai 1:3 Literally “through the hand of”
  4. Haggai 1:4 That is, the temple
  5. Haggai 1:5 Literally “Set your heart on your ways”
  6. Haggai 1:6 Literally “You have drunk, without becoming drunk”
  7. Haggai 1:6 Literally “a pierced pouch”
  8. Haggai 1:7 Literally “Set your heart on your ways”
  9. Haggai 1:8 That is, the temple
  10. Haggai 1:9 Literally “a declaration of ”
  11. Haggai 1:11 Or mountains
  12. Haggai 1:11 Hebrew “animal”
  13. Haggai 1:11 Literally “all the labor of the hands”
  14. Haggai 1:12 Literally “and the people feared from before Yahweh”
  15. Haggai 1:13 Literally “a declaration of”



 * * * * *

Haggai 1:1-15 – Russian Synodal Bible

Во второй год царя Дария, в шестой месяц, в первый день месяца, было слово Господне через Аггея пророка к Зоровавелю, сыну Салафиилеву, правителю Иудеи, и к Иисусу, сыну Иоседекову, великому иерею:
2 так сказал Господь Саваоф: народ сей говорит: 'не пришло еще время, не время строить дом Господень'.
3 И было слово Господне через Аггея пророка:
4 а вам самим время жить в домах ваших украшенных, тогда как дом сей в запустении?
5 Посему ныне так говорит Господь Саваоф: обратите сердце ваше на пути ваши.
6 Вы сеете много, а собираете мало; едите, но не в сытость; пьете, но не напиваетесь; одеваетесь, а не согреваетесь; зарабатывающий плату зарабатывает для дырявого кошелька.
7 Так говорит Господь Саваоф: обратите сердце ваше на пути ваши.
8 Взойдите на гору и носите дерева, и стройте храм; и Я буду благоволить к нему, и прославлюсь, говорит Господь.
9 Ожидаете многого, а выходит мало; и что принесете домой, то Я развею. --За что? говорит Господь Саваоф: за Мой дом, который в запустении, тогда как вы бежите, каждый к своему дому.
10 Посему-то небо заключилось и не дает вам росы, и земля не дает своих произведений.
11 И Я призвал засуху на землю, на горы, на хлеб, на виноградный сок, на елей и на все, что производит земля, и на человека, и на скот, и на всякий ручной труд.
12 И послушались Зоровавель, сын Салафиилев, и Иисус, сын Иоседеков, и весь прочий народ гласа Господа Бога своего и слов Аггея пророка, как посланного Господом Богом их, и народ убоялся Господа.
13 Тогда Аггей, вестник Господень, посланный от Господа, сказал к народу: Я с вами! говорит Господь.
14 И возбудил Господь дух Зоровавеля, сына Салафиилева, правителя Иудеи, и дух Иисуса, сына Иоседекова, великого иерея, и дух всего остатка народа, и они пришли, и стали производить работы в доме Господа Саваофа, Бога своего,
15 в двадцать четвертый день шестого месяца, во второй год царя Дария.



____

Epistle

Revelation 2:18-29 – Lexham English Bible

“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
“This is what the Son of God says, the one who has his eyes like a fiery flame and his feet like fine bronze: 19 ‘I know your works, and your love, and faith, and service, and patient endurance—and your last works are greater than the first. 20 But I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one who calls herself a prophetess, and teaches and deceives my slaves to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21 And I have given her time in order to repent, and she did not want to repent from her sexual immorality. 22 Behold, I am throwing her into a sickbed and those who committed adultery with her into great affliction, unless they repent from her deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with deadly disease, and all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts, and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds. 24 But I say to you, to the rest who are in Thyatira, all those who do not hold this teaching, who have not known the deep things of Satan, as they say, I do not put upon you any other burden. 25 Nevertheless, hold fast to what you have until I come. 26 And the one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, I will give him authority over the nations, 27 and “he will shepherd them with an iron rod; he will break them in pieces like jars made of clay,”[a] 28 as I also have received from my Father, and I will give him the morning star. 29 The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

Footnotes:

  1. Revelation 2:27 A quotation from Ps 2:9



* * * *

Revelation 2:18-29 – Russian Slovo Zhizny

 

Церкви в Фиатире


18 – Ангелу церкви в Фиатире напиши:
«Так говорит Сын Божий, глаза Которого подобны пылающему огню, и ноги Которого сверкают, как отполированная бронза:
19 Я знаю твои дела, твою любовь, веру, твое служение и терпение. Я знаю, что твои последние дела более велики, чем первые.
20 Тем не менее, вот что Я скажу против тебя: ты терпишь женщину по имени Иезавель[a], которая называет себя пророчицей. Она своим учением вводит в заблуждение Моих слуг и толкает их к тому, чтобы они занимались развратом и ели пищу, принесенную в жертву идолам. 21 Я дал ей время покаяться, но она не хочет раскаяться в своем разврате. 22 Поэтому Я брошу ее на ложе, а тех, кто с ней занимается развратом, ввергну в великую скорбь, если не раскаются в том, что пошли ее путем. 23 Я поражу ее детей смертью, и все церкви узнают, что Я испытываю сердца и мысли человека, и каждый из вас получит по своим делам. 24 Говорю всем остальным в Фиатире, кто не следует ее учению и не узнал так называемых “глубин сатанинских”: больше Я не буду обременять вас ничем, 25 но будьте верны тому, что у вас есть, до тех пор, пока Я не приду.
26 Побеждающему и исполняющему Мою волю до конца Я дам власть над народами[b], 27 как Я Сам получил ее от Моего Отца, и
“он будет править ими железным скипетром;
    как сосуды глиняные, они сокрушатся”[c].
28 Побеждающему Я дам утреннюю звезду[d].
29 У кого есть уши, пусть услышит, что Дух говорит церквам».

Footnotes:

  1. Откровение 2:20 См. 3 Цар. 16:31; 4 Цар. 9:22, 30. Эта женщина, конечно же, не была той царицей, о которой мы читаем в 3 Цар. и в 4 Цар., но ее дела и учение были на удивление схожи с тем, что делала та древняя правительница. И поэтому, скорее всего, имя Иезавель носило символический характер.
  2. Откровение 2:26 Ср. 20:4.
  3. Откровение 2:27 См. Пс. 2:8-9.
  4. Откровение 2:28 Утренняя звезда – существует множество толкований: 1) утренняя звезда – это Сам Иисус Христос (см. 22:16), и только те, кто будет верен Ему до конца, увидят Его, когда Он придет за своими; 2) в вечности верующие в Иисуса будут иметь великую славу (см. Дан. 12:3); 3) утренняя звезда символизирует начало будущего правления Христа (см. Чис. 24:14-20); и др.


____

Gospel

Matthew 23:27-39 – Lexham English Bible

 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees—hypocrites!—because you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and of everything unclean! 28 In the same way, on the outside you also appear righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees—hypocrites!—because you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous, 30 and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in the blood of the prophets!’ 31 Thus you testify against yourselves that you are descendants of those who murdered the prophets! 32 And you—fill up the measure of your fathers! 33 Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How will you escape from the condemnation to hell? 34 For this reason, behold, I am sending to you prophets and wise men and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and will pursue from town to town, 35 so that upon you will come all the righteous blood shed on the earth from the blood of righteous Abel up to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation!

The Lament over Jerusalem

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How many times I wanted to gather your children together the way[a] a hen gathers her young together under her[b] wings, and you were not willing! 38 Behold, your house has been left to you desolate! 39 For I tell you, you will never see me from now on until you say,
‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!’”[c]

Footnotes:

  1. Matthew 23:37 Literally “in the manner in which”
  2. Matthew 23:37 Literally “the”; the Greek article is used here as a possessive pronoun
  3. Matthew 23:39 A quotation from Ps 118:26



* * * * *

Matthew 23:27-39 – Russian Slovo Zhizny

Горе вам, учители Закона и фарисеи! Лицемеры! Вы – как побеленные гробницы[a]. которые снаружи выглядят красиво, а внутри полны костей мертвецов и всякой нечистоты. 28 Так и вы снаружи можете показаться людям праведными, но внутри вы полны лицемерия и беззакония.
29 Горе вам, учители Закона и фарисеи! Лицемеры! Вы строите гробницы пророкам, украшаете надгробные памятники праведникам 30 и говорите: «Если бы мы жили во времена наших отцов, то мы бы не проливали вместе с ними крови пророков». 31 Тем самым вы свидетельствуете о себе, что вы сыновья тех, кто убил пророков. 32 Ну что же, продолжайте пополнять чашу злодейств ваших отцов! 33 Змеи, отродье змеиное! Вы еще надеетесь избежать осуждения и не попасть в ад? 34 Вот, Я посылаю к вам пророков, мудрых людей, учителей, а вы некоторых из них убьете и распнете, других будете бичевать в ваших синагогах и гнать из города в город. 35 И потому падет на вас вина за кровь всех праведников, пролитую на земле, от крови Авеля и до крови Захарии, сына Берехии, которого вы убили между храмом и жертвенником. 36 Говорю вам истину: наказание за все эти преступления падет на нынешнее поколение.

Иисус оплакивает Иерусалим

(Лк. 13:34-35)

37 – О Иерусалим, Иерусалим, убивающий пророков и побивающий камнями посланных к тебе! Сколько раз Я хотел собрать твоих детей, как птица собирает своих птенцов под крылья, но вы не захотели. 38 А теперь ваш дом оставляется вам пустым[b]. 39 Говорю вам, что вы уже не увидите Меня до тех пор, пока не скажете: «Благословен Тот, Кто приходит во Имя Господа!»[c]

Footnotes:

  1. От Матфея 23:27 В Иудее гробницы обычно белили, чтобы их можно было заметить издалека, поскольку прикосновение к гробнице приводило к ритуальному осквернению (см. Чис. 19:16).
  2. От Матфея 23:38 См. Иер. 22:5.
  3. От Матфея 23:39 Пс. 117:26.



No comments:

Post a Comment