Thursday, April 17, 2014

LENT DAY 38 – Holy Week – Maundy Thursday, April 17, 2014 (Lectionary Year 2)



Psalter

Morning

Psalm 102 – New Living Translation

A prayer of one overwhelmed with trouble, pouring out problems before the Lord.

Lord, hear my prayer!
    Listen to my plea!
Don’t turn away from me
    in my time of distress.
Bend down to listen,
    and answer me quickly when I call to you.
For my days disappear like smoke,
    and my bones burn like red-hot coals.
My heart is sick, withered like grass,
    and I have lost my appetite.
Because of my groaning,
    I am reduced to skin and bones.
I am like an owl in the desert,
    like a little owl in a far-off wilderness.
I lie awake,
    lonely as a solitary bird on the roof.
My enemies taunt me day after day.
    They mock and curse me.
I eat ashes for food.
    My tears run down into my drink
10 because of your anger and wrath.
    For you have picked me up and thrown me out.
11 My life passes as swiftly as the evening shadows.
    I am withering away like grass.
12 But you, O Lord, will sit on your throne forever.
    Your fame will endure to every generation.
13 You will arise and have mercy on Jerusalem[a]
    and now is the time to pity her,
    now is the time you promised to help.
14 For your people love every stone in her walls
    and cherish even the dust in her streets.
15 Then the nations will tremble before the Lord.
    The kings of the earth will tremble before his glory.
16 For the Lord will rebuild Jerusalem.
    He will appear in his glory.
17 He will listen to the prayers of the destitute.
    He will not reject their pleas.
18 Let this be recorded for future generations,
    so that a people not yet born will praise the Lord.
19 Tell them the Lord looked down
    from his heavenly sanctuary.
He looked down to earth from heaven
20     to hear the groans of the prisoners,
    to release those condemned to die.
21 And so the Lord’s fame will be celebrated in Zion,
    his praises in Jerusalem,
22 when multitudes gather together
    and kingdoms come to worship the Lord.
23 He broke my strength in midlife,
    cutting short my days.
24 But I cried to him, “O my God, who lives forever,
    don’t take my life while I am so young!
25 Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth
    and made the heavens with your hands.
26 They will perish, but you remain forever;
    they will wear out like old clothing.
You will change them like a garment
    and discard them.
27 But you are always the same;
    you will live forever.
28 The children of your people
    will live in security.
Their children’s children
    will thrive in your presence.”
Footnotes:
  1. 102:13 Hebrew Zion; also in 102:16.

 Link

 * * * *

Псалтирь 102 (101)


Psalm 102 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(101-1) ^^Молитва страждущего, когда он унывает и изливает пред Господом печаль свою.^^ (101-2) Господи! услышь молитву мою, и вопль мой да придет к Тебе.
2 (101-3) Не скрывай лица Твоего от меня; в день скорби моей приклони ко мне ухо Твое; в день, [когда воззову к Тебе], скоро услышь меня;
3 (101-4) ибо исчезли, как дым, дни мои, и кости мои обожжены, как головня;
4 (101-5) сердце мое поражено, и иссохло, как трава, так что я забываю есть хлеб мой;
5 (101-6) от голоса стенания моего кости мои прильпнули к плоти моей.
6 (101-7) Я уподобился пеликану в пустыне; я стал как филин на развалинах;
7 (101-8) не сплю и сижу, как одинокая птица на кровле.
8 (101-9) Всякий день поносят меня враги мои, и злобствующие на меня клянут мною.
9 (101-10) Я ем пепел, как хлеб, и питье мое растворяю слезами,
10 (101-11) от гнева Твоего и негодования Твоего, ибо Ты вознес меня и низверг меня.
11 (101-12) Дни мои--как уклоняющаяся тень, и я иссох, как трава.
12 (101-13) Ты же, Господи, вовек пребываешь, и память о Тебе в род и род.
13 (101-14) Ты восстанешь, умилосердишься над Сионом, ибо время помиловать его, --ибо пришло время;
14 (101-15) ибо рабы Твои возлюбили и камни его, и о прахе его жалеют.
15 (101-16) И убоятся народы имени Господня, и все цари земные--славы Твоей.
16 (101-17) Ибо созиждет Господь Сион и явится во славе Своей;
17 (101-18) призрит на молитву беспомощных и не презрит моления их.
18 (101-19) Напишется о сем для рода последующего, и поколение грядущее восхвалит Господа,
19 (101-20) ибо Он приникнул со святой высоты Своей, с небес призрел Господь на землю,
20 (101-21) чтобы услышать стон узников, разрешить сынов смерти,
21 (101-22) дабы возвещали на Сионе имя Господне и хвалу Его--в Иерусалиме,
22 (101-23) когда соберутся народы вместе и царства для служения Господу.
23 (101-24) Изнурил Он на пути силы мои, сократил дни мои.
24 (101-25) Я сказал: Боже мой! не восхити меня в половине дней моих. Твои лета в роды родов.
25 (101-26) В начале Ты, основал землю, и небеса--дело Твоих рук;
26 (101-27) они погибнут, а Ты пребудешь; и все они, как риза, обветшают, и, как одежду, Ты переменишь их, и изменятся;
27 (101-28) но Ты--тот же, и лета Твои не кончатся.
28 (101-29) Сыны рабов Твоих будут жить, и семя их утвердится пред лицем Твоим.




 * * * *

Evening

Psalm 142 – New Living Translation


A psalm[a] of David, regarding his experience in the cave. A prayer.

I cry out to the Lord;
    I plead for the Lord’s mercy.
I pour out my complaints before him

    and tell him all my troubles.
When I am overwhelmed,
    you alone know the way I should turn.
Wherever I go,
    my enemies have set traps for me.
I look for someone to come and help me,
    but no one gives me a passing thought!
No one will help me;
    no one cares a bit what happens to me.
Then I pray to you, O Lord.
    I say, “You are my place of refuge.
    You are all I really want in life.
Hear my cry,
    for I am very low.
Rescue me from my persecutors,
    for they are too strong for me.
Bring me out of prison
    so I can thank you.
The godly will crowd around me,
    for you are good to me.”

Footnotes:

  1. 142:Title Hebrew maskil. This may be a literary or musical term.


 Link


 * * * *

Псалтирь 142 (141)


Psalm 142 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(141-1) ^^Учение Давида. Молитва его, когда он был в пещере.^^ Голосом моим к Господу воззвал я, голосом моим к Господу помолился;
2 (141-2) излил пред Ним моление мое; печаль мою открыл Ему.
3 (141-3) Когда изнемогал во мне дух мой, Ты знал стезю мою. На пути, которым я ходил, они скрытно поставили сети для меня.
4 (141-4) Смотрю на правую сторону, и вижу, что никто не признаёт меня: не стало для меня убежища, никто не заботится о душе моей.
5 (141-5) Я воззвал к Тебе, Господи, я сказал: Ты прибежище мое и часть моя на земле живых.
6 (141-6) Внемли воплю моему, ибо я очень изнемог; избавь меня от гонителей моих, ибо они сильнее меня.
7 (141-7) Выведи из темницы душу мою, чтобы мне славить имя Твое. Вокруг меня соберутся праведные, когда Ты явишь мне благодеяние.



 * * * *

Psalm 143 – New Living Translation

A psalm of David.

Hear my prayer, O Lord;
    listen to my plea!
    Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
Don’t put your servant on trial,

    for no one is innocent before you.
My enemy has chased me.
    He has knocked me to the ground
    and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.
I am losing all hope;
    I am paralyzed with fear.
I remember the days of old.
    I ponder all your great works
    and think about what you have done.
I lift my hands to you in prayer.
    I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain. Interlude
Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
    for my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me,
    or I will die.
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,

    for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
    for I give myself to you.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
    I run to you to hide me.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
    on a firm footing.
11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
    Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
    and destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.




 * * * *

Псалтирь 143 (142)


Psalm 143 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(142-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Господи! услышь молитву мою, внемли молению моему по истине Твоей; услышь меня по правде Твоей
2 (142-2) и не входи в суд с рабом Твоим, потому что не оправдается пред Тобой ни один из живущих.
3 (142-3) Враг преследует душу мою, втоптал в землю жизнь мою, принудил меня жить во тьме, как давно умерших, --
4 (142-4) и уныл во мне дух мой, онемело во мне сердце мое.
5 (142-5) Вспоминаю дни древние, размышляю о всех делах Твоих, рассуждаю о делах рук Твоих.
6 (142-6) Простираю к Тебе руки мои; душа моя--к Тебе, как жаждущая земля.
7 (142-7) Скоро услышь меня, Господи: дух мой изнемогает; не скрывай лица Твоего от меня, чтобы я не уподобился нисходящим в могилу.
8 (142-8) Даруй мне рано услышать милость Твою, ибо я на Тебя уповаю. Укажи мне путь, по которому мне идти, ибо к Тебе возношу я душу мою.
9 (142-9) Избавь меня, Господи, от врагов моих; к Тебе прибегаю.
10 (142-10) Научи меня исполнять волю Твою, потому что Ты Бог мой; Дух Твой благий да ведет меня в землю правды.
11 (142-11) Ради имени Твоего, Господи, оживи меня; ради правды Твоей выведи из напасти душу мою.
12 (142-12) И по милости Твоей истреби врагов моих и погуби всех, угнетающих душу мою, ибо я Твой раб.



____

Hebrew Bible

Lamentations 2:10-18 – New Living Translation

The leaders of beautiful Jerusalem
    sit on the ground in silence.
They are clothed in burlap
    and throw dust on their heads.
The young women of Jerusalem
    hang their heads in shame.
11 I have cried until the tears no longer come;
    my heart is broken.
My spirit is poured out in agony
    as I see the desperate plight of my people.
Little children and tiny babies
    are fainting and dying in the streets.
12 They cry out to their mothers,
    “We need food and drink!”
Their lives ebb away in the streets
    like the life of a warrior wounded in battle.
They gasp for life
    as they collapse in their mothers’ arms.
13 What can I say about you?
    Who has ever seen such sorrow?
O daughter of Jerusalem,
    to what can I compare your anguish?
O virgin daughter of Zion,
    how can I comfort you?
For your wound is as deep as the sea.
    Who can heal you?
14 Your prophets have said
    so many foolish things, false to the core.
They did not save you from exile
    by pointing out your sins.
Instead, they painted false pictures,
    filling you with false hope.
15 All who pass by jeer at you.
    They scoff and insult beautiful Jerusalem,[a] saying,
“Is this the city called ‘Most Beautiful in All the World’
    and ‘Joy of All the Earth’?”
16 All your enemies mock you.
    They scoff and snarl and say,
“We have destroyed her at last!
    We have long waited for this day,
    and it is finally here!”
17 But it is the Lord who did just as he planned.
    He has fulfilled the promises of disaster
    he made long ago.
He has destroyed Jerusalem without mercy.
    He has caused her enemies to gloat over her
    and has given them power over her.
18 Cry aloud[b] before the Lord,
    O walls of beautiful Jerusalem!
Let your tears flow like a river
    day and night.
Give yourselves no rest;
    give your eyes no relief.

Footnotes:

  1. 2:15 Hebrew the daughter of Jerusalem.
  2. 2:18 Hebrew Their heart cried.



 * * * *

Плач Иеремии 2:10-18


Lamentations 2:10-18 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Старцы дочери Сиона
    сидят безмолвно на земле,
посыпали прахом головы свои
    и оделись в рубище.
Девы Иерусалима
    опустили лица свои к земле.

Плач Иеремии об Иерусалиме

11 Глаза мои ослабли от слез,
    душа моя мается,
и сердце мое пролилось на землю
    из-за гибели народа моего,
из-за того, что дети и грудные младенцы
    теряют сознание на улицах городских.
12
 Они говорят своим матерям:
    «Где хлеб и вино?» –
теряя сознание, подобно раненым,
    на улицах городских,
испуская дух
    на руках своих матерей.
13
 Что скажу я тебе?
    С чем тебя сравню,
    о дочь Иерусалима?
Чему уподоблю тебя,
    чтоб я мог утешить тебя,
    о дева, дочь Сиона?
Рана твоя глубока, как море;
    кто может исцелить тебя?
14
 Видения твоих пророков
    были ложными и пустыми.
Они не раскрывали твой грех,
    иначе предотвратили бы твое пленение.
Их пророчества были ложными
    и вводили тебя в заблуждение.
15
 Руками всплескивают все проходящие мимо,
    качают головой и глумятся
над дочерью Иерусалима:
    «Не этот ли город называли
совершенством красоты,
    радостью всей земли?»
16
 Все враги твои широко разинули
    пасть свою на тебя.
Они глумятся и скрежещут зубами, говоря:
    «Мы поглотили ее!
Вот день, который мы так ждали,
    вот и дожили мы, вот и увидели!»
17
 Господь исполнил Свой замысел,
    исполнил слово Свое,
    провозглашенное в древние дни.
Разгромил Он тебя без пощады
    и позволил врагу злорадствовать над тобою,
    Он возвысил[a] неприятелей твоих.
18
 Сердца людей взывают к Владыке.
    О стена дочери Сиона,
    день и ночь проливай слезы ручьем,
не давай покоя себе,
    не давай отдыха глазам твоим!

Footnotes:

  1. Плач Иеремии 2:17 Букв.: «вознес рог». Рог был символом могущества, власти и силы.



____

Epistle

1 Corinthians 10:14-17 – New Living Translation

14 So, my dear friends, flee from the worship of idols. 15 You are reasonable people. Decide for yourselves if what I am saying is true. 16 When we bless the cup at the Lord’s Table, aren’t we sharing in the blood of Christ? And when we break the bread, aren’t we sharing in the body of Christ?  
17 And though we are many, we all eat from one loaf of bread, showing that we are one body.

 * * * *

1 Corinthians 11:27-32 – New Living Translation

27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against[a] the body and blood of the Lord. 28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ,[b] you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.

31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. 32 Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.

Footnotes:

  1. 11:27 Or is responsible for.
  2. 11:29 Greek the body; other manuscripts read the Lord’s body.



 * * * *

1-е Коринфянам 10:14-17


1 Corinthians 10:14-17 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Предостережение против идолов

14 Поэтому, дорогие мои, избегайте идолопоклонства. 15 Я говорю вам как разумным людям, рассудите сами. 16 Разве чаша благословения[a], которую мы благословляем, не приобщает нас к крови Христа? И разве хлеб, который мы преломляем, не приобщает нас к телу Христа? 17 Хлеб один, и мы, как бы много нас ни было, составляем одно тело, потому что имеем часть в одном хлебе.

Footnotes:

  1. 1-е Коринфянам 10:16 Во время праздничного ужина на праздник Пасхи иудеи пили четыре ритуальные чаши вина. Чашей Благословения называлась третья и самая главная чаша, которую и пьют по повелению Иисуса Христа Его последователи, вспоминая Его жертвенную смерть (см. 11:23-26). В ст. 21 эта чаша также названа «Чашей Господа».

 * * * *

1-е Коринфянам 11:27-32


1 Corinthians 11:27-32 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

27 Таким образом, кто ест хлеб или пьет из чаши Господней, не придавая этому должного значения, тот грешит против тела и крови Господа. 28 Человек должен проверять себя прежде, чем есть хлеб и пить из чаши, 29 потому что каждый, кто ест или пьет, не осознавая значения тела Господа, тот ест и пьет в осуждение себе. 30 Потому-то среди вас так много физически слабых и больных, а многие даже умерли. 31 Но если бы мы проверяли самих себя, то избежали бы осуждения. 32 Но когда нас судит Господь, мы подвергаемся наказанию, чтобы нам не быть осужденными вместе с остальным миром.



____

Gospel

Mark 14:12-25 – New Living Translation

The Last Supper

12 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover lamb is sacrificed, Jesus’ disciples asked him, “Where do you want us to go to prepare the Passover meal for you?”

13 So Jesus sent two of them into Jerusalem with these instructions: “As you go into the city, a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him. 14 At the house he enters, say to the owner, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?’ 15 He will take you upstairs to a large room that is already set up. That is where you should prepare our meal.” 16 So the two disciples went into the city and found everything just as Jesus had said, and they prepared the Passover meal there.

17 In the evening Jesus arrived with the twelve disciples.[a] 18 As they were at the table[b] eating, Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, one of you eating with me here will betray me.”

19 Greatly distressed, each one asked in turn, “Am I the one?”

20 He replied, “It is one of you twelve who is eating from this bowl with me. 21 For the Son of Man[c] must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!”

22 As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “Take it, for this is my body.”

23 And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 And he said to them, “This is my blood, which confirms the covenant[d] between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice for many. 25 I tell you the truth, I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new in the Kingdom of God.”

Footnotes:

  1. 14:17 Greek the Twelve.
  2. 14:18 Or As they reclined.
  3. 14:21 “Son of Man” is a title Jesus used for himself.
  4. 14:24 Some manuscripts read the new covenant.





 * * * *

От Марка 14:12-25


Mark 14:12-25 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Приготовление к празднику Пасхи

(Мат. 26:17-19; Лк. 22:7-13)

12 В первый день праздника Пресных хлебов, когда закалывали пасхальных ягнят, ученики спросили Иисуса:

– Куда нам пойти, чтобы приготовить Тебе пасхальный ужин?

13 И Он послал двух учеников, сказав им:

– Идите в город, там вы встретите человека, несущего кувшин воды, идите за ним.  

14 Скажите хозяину дома, куда этот человек войдет: «Учитель спрашивает: где Моя комната, в которой Я буду есть пасхальный ужин с Моими учениками?» 15 Он покажет вам большую комнату наверху, приготовленную и убранную; там и приготовьте нам ужин.

16 Ученики пошли, вошли в город; и все произошло так, как им сказал Иисус. Они приготовили пасхальный ужин.

Последний ужин Иисуса с учениками

(Мат. 26:20-29; Лк. 22:17-23; 1 Кор. 11:23-25)

17 Вечером Иисус пришел туда с двенадцатью. 18 Когда они возлежали и ели, Иисус сказал:

– Говорю вам истину: один из вас, кто сейчас ест со Мной, предаст Меня.

19 Учеников это сильно опечалило, и один за другим они стали спрашивать Его:

– Не я ли?

20 – Один из двенадцати, – ответил Иисус, – тот, кто вместе со Мной обмакивает хлеб в блюдо. 21 Хотя Сын Человеческий уходит так, как о Нем сказано в Писании, но горе тому человеку, который предает Сына Человеческого! Лучше бы не родиться вообще тому человеку.

22 Когда они ели, Иисус взял хлеб и, благословив, разломил его, дал им и сказал:

– Возьмите, это Мое тело.

23 Затем Он взял чашу, поблагодарил за нее и подал им, и они все пили из нее.

24 – Это Моя кровь завета[a], проливаемая за многих, – сказал Иисус. 25 – Говорю вам истину: Я уже не буду пить от плода виноградного до того дня, когда Я буду пить новое[b] вино в Божьем Царстве.

Footnotes:

  1. От Марка 14:24 Ср. Исх. 24:8; Евр. 9:18-20.
  2. От Марка 14:25 Новое – или «снова».

 Link







No comments:

Post a Comment