Sunday, January 6, 2013

Waiting On the Lord

Sometimes it is very hard to wait on the Lord when we want so much for things to be different. This is what I learned and am still learning . . . and I shared it with a friend, but thought someone else might identify with it, too . . . and maybe I will be able to be more patient about things since I can be a witness to how God has helped me and come through for me in the past.

Don't think of this as time outside of your life like you are waiting for something to begin . . . it's just a waiting time. I know it can be hard.

The last year I was on Active Duty (AD) in the AF I was a mess and sooooo frustrated that things were taking so long once I decided to go off AD. I was champing at the bit and turning myself inside out and just driving everyone in my life crazy.

I had some recurring dreams. One was of a big ol' clock in a small German town. The kind where on the hour the bear and the dancing girl and the musicians all come out and dance and there is music. But inside the tower room there are all sorts of gears and flywheels and cogs and everything doesn't come out to dance and make music until the fly wheels have gone around hundreds of time and every cog is in the right place and every gear has made the right movements.

And the other dream was of a big hand reaching into a watch pocket of a vest and taking out a big watch . . . I interpreted it that a lot of things had to come around for everything to be int he right place at the right time. and the hand with the watch was God's hand . . . and He doesn't look at the watch much, because He ALWAYS knows what time it is . . . and He operates in the ETERNAL NOW, anyway.

Two favorite passages about this you probably already know --

 Jeremiah 29:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
Bible Gateway

And Isaiah 40:31 (21-31)

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
23 He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
24 No sooner are they planted,
no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.
25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
They That Wait Upon the Lord

Isaiah 40:31


Kathleen Ware Harris  © 2013
kwharris777@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment