Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Heart Lights

OK.  

I am going on record.

if one more person even starts to say anything about pulling on my big girl pants or if I even hear the opening stanza of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer . . ."

I'll PINCH 'EM!

Don't try it.

At the last minute I had gone home to get some meds so I could take them back at the bnursing home so that even if they made me drowsy, George could drive me home.

Meanwhile the PT/OT/every other kind of alphabet soup gang were working out with Dad when he would have his final test for getting in and out of the car.  Or his first test.  I can't remember which.

So I am not sure how George heard it, but I thought I was supposed to without delay and as quickly aspossible without being stopped by the sheriff of Sarasota of the guardians of LBK.  

'Again.

AND there was leftover scampi, peanut butter pie to die for (oh)  (sorry) and leftover calamari.  And it was lunch time.  George wanted to return his rental car to SRQ PDQ.

He thought I was going to follow him to the airport and he would go with me back to SMYC, but I went there first and THEN picked him up by the baggage exit.

Beginning to sound a bit like the Three Pigs and the Liittle pig who buiilt the brick house going to the Faire early, right?
When you mom passes away any number of fairy tales and nursery rhymes may be violated.

BUT driving to SRQ WITH the food and my meds and a basket of whatever Dad wanted or whatever I though Mom would like to see, I had the radio on and EGGGGGSACTLY at 1:11 (1311 to you military types).

The song "American Pie' was playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U 

LOUD

And I knew.

Or someone ask Mr. White if it is "loudLY" -- OK?

Dad was sitting by mom's bedside watching her breathe, and then drawing her last breaths,

But Krista had called me -- had my cell phone off while driving like a good girl, but since George could drive after I got him, I turned it on to check.  While I was calling Krista back our favorite sweet nurse (but we love all of the nurses and CNAs and Texhs and administrators the best) called and left a message that Dad was OK and still with Mom, but he had asked her to call us and tell us that Mom had passed.

1:11 (1311)

Put on YOUR Heart Light.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0TfR9mgOiU  
We were five minutes away, but the speed of light would not have been quick enough.

More later . . .  good morning Beloved.

Rise and Shine. and give God your Glory, glory . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OoZgUEucZY

Our sweet, sweet mommy . . . (sigh of sadness, but heart filled with joy in some corner . . . growing).

And the sky was weeping off and on all day.

Of course . . .

Krista should be here around 2pm (that's 1400 for you military types).

Camai

Aloha

Shalom

Salaam A'leichem

Ciao bella

Good night Mrs Calabash, wherever you are.  



Kathleen Ware Harris  © 2013
kwharris777@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment