Friday, May 2, 2014

May 1, 2014 – Easter Season – Lectionary Year 2

Psalter

Morning

Psalm 18:1-20 -- New King James Version

God the Sovereign Savior

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:

18 I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
The pangs of death surrounded me, And the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.
Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry. Smoke went up from His nostrils, And devouring fire from His mouth; Coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down With darkness under His feet. 10 And He rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind. 11 He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters And thick clouds of the skies. 12 From the brightness before Him, His thick clouds passed with hailstones and coals of fire.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire.[a] 14 He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe, Lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them. 15 Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O Lord, At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.
16 He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters. 17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. 18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the Lord was my support. 19 He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.
20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 18:13 Following Masoretic Text, Targum, and Vulgate; a few Hebrew manuscripts and Septuagint omit Hailstones and coals of fire.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 18:1-20 (17:1-20)

Psalm 18:1-20 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(17-1) ^^Начальнику хора. Раба Господня Давида, который произнес слова песни сей к Господу, когда Господь избавил его от рук всех врагов его и от руки Саула. И он сказал:^^ (17-2) Возлюблю тебя, Господи, крепость моя!
2 (17-3) Господь--твердыня моя и прибежище мое, Избавитель мой, Бог мой, --скала моя; на Него я уповаю; щит мой, рог спасения моего и убежище мое.
3 (17-4) Призову достопоклоняемого Господа и от врагов моих спасусь.
4 (17-5) Объяли меня муки смертные, и потоки беззакония устрашили меня;
5 (17-6) цепи ада облегли меня, и сети смерти опутали меня.
6 (17-7) В тесноте моей я призвал Господа и к Богу моему воззвал. И Он услышал от чертога Своего голос мой, и вопль мой дошел до слуха Его.
7 (17-8) Потряслась и всколебалась земля, дрогнули и подвиглись основания гор, ибо разгневался [Бог];
8 (17-9) поднялся дым от гнева Его и из уст Его огонь поядающий; горячие угли [сыпались] от Него.
9 (17-10) Наклонил Он небеса и сошел, --и мрак под ногами Его.
10 (17-11) И воссел на Херувимов и полетел, и понесся на крыльях ветра.
11 (17-12) И мрак сделал покровом Своим, сению вокруг Себя мрак вод, облаков воздушных.
12 (17-13) От блистания пред Ним бежали облака Его, град и угли огненные.
13 (17-14) Возгремел на небесах Господь, и Всевышний дал глас Свой, град и угли огненные.
14 (17-15) Пустил стрелы Свои и рассеял их, множество молний, и рассыпал их.
15 (17-16) И явились источники вод, и открылись основания вселенной от грозного [гласа] Твоего, Господи, от дуновения духа гнева Твоего.
16 (17-17) Он простер [руку] с высоты и взял меня, и извлек меня из вод многих;
17 (17-18) избавил меня от врага моего сильного и от ненавидящих меня, которые были сильнее меня.
18 (17-19) Они восстали на меня в день бедствия моего, но Господь был мне опорою.
19 (17-20) Он вывел меня на пространное место и избавил меня, ибо Он благоволит ко мне.
20 (17-21) Воздал мне Господь по правде моей, по чистоте рук моих вознаградил меня,




* * * *

Evening

Psalm 18:21-50 – New King James Version

For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
And have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all His judgments were before me,
And I did not put away His statutes from me.
23 I was also blameless before Him,
And I kept myself from my iniquity.
24 Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
25 With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful;
With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
26 With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
27 For You will save the humble people,
But will bring down haughty looks.
28 For You will light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
29 For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
30 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
31 For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
34 He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me great.
36 You enlarged my path under me,
So my feet did not slip.
37 I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them;
Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
38 I have wounded them,
So that they could not rise;
They have fallen under my feet.
39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle;
You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
40 You have also given me the necks of my enemies,
So that I destroyed those who hated me.
41 They cried out, but there was none to save;
Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.
42 Then I beat them as fine as the dust before the wind;
I cast them out like dirt in the streets.
43 You have delivered me from the strivings of the people;
You have made me the head of the nations;
A people I have not known shall serve me.
44 As soon as they hear of me they obey me;
The foreigners submit to me.
45 The foreigners fade away,
And come frightened from their hideouts.
46 The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted.
47 It is God who avenges me,
And subdues the peoples under me;
48 He delivers me from my enemies.
You also lift me up above those who rise against me;
You have delivered me from the violent man.
49 Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the Gentiles,
And sing praises to Your name.
50 Great deliverance He gives to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed,
To David and his descendants forevermore.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 18:21-50 (17:21-50)

Psalm 18:21-50 -- Russian Synodal Bible

 (17-22) ибо я хранил пути Господни и не был нечестивым пред Богом моим;
22 (17-23) ибо все заповеди Его предо мною, и от уставов Его я не отступал.
23 (17-24) Я был непорочен пред Ним и остерегался, чтобы не согрешить мне;
24 (17-25) и воздал мне Господь по правде моей, по чистоте рук моих пред очами Его.
25 (17-26) С милостивым Ты поступаешь милостиво, с мужем искренним--искренно,
26 (17-27) с чистым--чисто, а с лукавым--по лукавству его,
27 (17-28) ибо Ты людей угнетенных спасаешь, а очи надменные унижаешь.
28 (17-29) Ты возжигаешь светильник мой, Господи; Бог мой просвещает тьму мою.
29 (17-30) С Тобою я поражаю войско, с Богом моим восхожу на стену.
30 (17-31) Бог! --Непорочен путь Его, чисто слово Господа; щит Он для всех, уповающих на Него.
31 (17-32) Ибо кто Бог, кроме Господа, и кто защита, кроме Бога нашего?
32 (17-33) Бог препоясывает меня силою и устрояет мне верный путь;
33 (17-34) делает ноги мои, как оленьи, и на высотах моих поставляет меня;
34 (17-35) научает руки мои брани, и мышцы мои сокрушают медный лук.
35 (17-36) Ты дал мне щит спасения Твоего, и десница Твоя поддерживает меня, и милость Твоя возвеличивает меня.
36 (17-37) Ты расширяешь шаг мой подо мною, и не колеблются ноги мои.
37 (17-38) Я преследую врагов моих и настигаю их, и не возвращаюсь, доколе не истреблю их;
38 (17-39) поражаю их, и они не могут встать, падают под ноги мои,
39 (17-40) ибо Ты препоясал меня силою для войны и низложил под ноги мои восставших на меня;
40 (17-41) Ты обратил ко мне тыл врагов моих, и я истребляю ненавидящих меня:
41 (17-42) они вопиют, но нет спасающего; ко Господу, --но Он не внемлет им;
42 (17-43) я рассеваю их, как прах пред лицем ветра, как уличную грязь попираю их.
43 (17-44) Ты избавил меня от мятежа народа, поставил меня главою иноплеменников; народ, которого я не знал, служит мне;
44 (17-45) по одному слуху о мне повинуются мне; иноплеменники ласкательствуют предо мною;
45 (17-46) иноплеменники бледнеют и трепещут в укреплениях своих.
46 (17-47) Жив Господь и благословен защитник мой! Да будет превознесен Бог спасения моего,
47 (17-48) Бог, мстящий за меня и покоряющий мне народы,
48 (17-49) и избавляющий меня от врагов моих! Ты вознес меня над восстающими против меня и от человека жестокого избавил меня.
49 (17-50) За то буду славить Тебя, Господи, между иноплеменниками и буду петь имени Твоему,
50 (17-51) величественно спасающий царя и творящий милость помазаннику Твоему Давиду и потомству его во веки.



____

Hebrew Bible

Exodus 16:10-22 – New King James Version

Now it came to pass, as Aaron spoke to the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

11 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 12 “I have heard the complaints of the children of Israel. Speak to them, saying, ‘At twilight you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be filled with bread. And you shall know that I am the Lord your God.’”

13 So it was that quails came up at evening and covered the camp, and in the morning the dew lay all around the camp. 14 And when the layer of dew lifted, there, on the surface of the wilderness, was a small round substance, as fine as frost on the ground. 15 So when the children of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was.
And Moses said to them, “This is the bread which the Lord has given you to eat.  
16 This is the thing which the Lord has commanded: ‘Let every man gather it according to each one’s need, one omer for each person, according to the number of persons; let every man take for those who are in his tent.’”

17 Then the children of Israel did so and gathered, some more, some less. 18 So when they measured it by omers, he who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack. Every man had gathered according to each one’s need. 19 And Moses said, “Let no one leave any of it till morning.”  

20 Notwithstanding they did not heed Moses. But some of them left part of it until morning, and it bred worms and stank. And Moses was angry with them.  

21 So they gathered it every morning, every man according to his need. And when the sun became hot, it melted.

22 And so it was, on the sixth day, that they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one. And all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.



 * * * *

Исход 16:10-22


Exodus 16:10-22 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Когда Аарон говорил с народом израильским, они повернулись к пустыне и увидели, как слава Господа явилась в облаке.

11 Господь сказал Моисею:

12 – Я услышал ропот израильтян. Скажи им: «К сумеркам вы будете есть мясо, а утром наедитесь хлеба. Тогда вы узнаете, что Я – Господь, ваш Бог».

13 В тот же вечер налетели перепела и накрыли лагерь, а утром вокруг лагеря легла роса. 14 Когда роса сошла, на поверхности пустыни показались тонкие хлопья, похожие на иней. 15 Увидев их, израильтяне говорили друг другу:

– Что это?

Они не знали, что это такое. Моисей сказал им:

– Это хлеб, который Господь дал вам в пищу. 16 Господь повелел: «Пусть каждый собирает, сколько ему нужно. Берите по омеру[a] на каждого члена семьи».

17 Израильтяне сделали так, как им сказали. Одни собрали больше, другие – меньше. 18 Но когда они измерили омером, то у того, кто собрал много, не было излишка, и у того, кто собрал мало, не было недостатка. Каждый собрал столько, сколько ему было нужно.

19 Моисей сказал им:

– Пусть никто ничего не оставляет до утра.

20 Но некоторые не послушали Моисея и оставили часть до утра. В пище завелись черви, и она стала зловонной. Моисей разгневался на них.

21 Утром каждый собирал, сколько ему было нужно, а когда пригревало солнце, оно таяло. 22 На шестой день они собрали в два раза больше – по два омера[b] на человека – и вожди народа пришли и доложили об этом Моисею.

Footnotes:

  1. Исход 16:16 Возможно, около 2 л; также в ст. 18, 32, 33 и 36.
  2. Исход 16:22 Возможно, около 4 л.



____

Epistle

1 Peter 2:11-25 – New King James Version

Living Before the World

11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Submission to Government

13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, 14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.  

15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— 16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. 17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

Submission to Masters

18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. 19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us,[a] leaving us[b] an example, that you should follow His steps:

22 “Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth”; [c]

23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer[d] of your souls.

Footnotes:

  1. 1 Peter 2:21 NU-Text reads you.
  2. 1 Peter 2:21 NU-Text and M-Text read you.
  3. 1 Peter 2:22 Isaiah 53:9
  4. 1 Peter 2:25 Greek Episkopos



 * * * *

1-e Петра 2:11-25


1 Peter 2:11-25 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

 Возлюбленные, я умоляю вас как пришельцев и странников[a], держаться подальше от ваших низменных желаний, которые воюют против вашей души. 12 Живите достойно среди язычников, чтобы те, кто клевещет на вас, называя вас злодеями, увидели бы ваши добрые дела и прославили Бога в День посещения.

Послушание правителям и власти

13 Ради Господа подчиняйтесь всякой власти, установленной людьми, будь то императору как высшей власти, 14 или наместникам, назначенным им, чтобы наказывать делающих зло и поощрять делающих добро. 15 Бог хочет, чтобы, делая добро, вы прекратили невежественные разговоры глупых людей.

16 Хоть вы и свободные люди, смотрите, чтобы ваша свобода не стала прикрытием зла, ведь вы – слуги Божьи. 17 Оказывайте всем уважение, любите братство, бойтесь Бога и почитайте императора.

18 Рабы, подчиняйтесь со всяким уважением своим хозяевам, и причем не только тем, кто добр и снисходителен, но и тем, кто жесток. 19 Это достойно хвалы, если кто-то по совести ради Бога переносит скорби, несправедливо страдая. 20 Ведь если вы терпите, когда вас бьют за проступки, то в чем ваша заслуга? Но если вы страдаете за добро и терпеливо это переносите – вы заслужили одобрение Бога. 21 К этому вы были призваны, потому что и Христос пострадал за вас, оставив вам пример, чтобы вы следовали по Его стопам!

22 «Он не совершил греха,
    и в устах Его не было никакой лжи»[b].

23 Когда Его оскорбляли, Он не отвечал оскорблениями; страдая, Он не угрожал, но доверял Себя Тому, Кто судит справедливо. 24 Он Сам в Своем теле вознес наши грехи на дерево[c], чтобы мы умерли для греха и жили для праведности. Его ранами вы были исцелены. 25 Ведь вы, как овцы, сбились с пути, но сейчас вы вернулись к вашему Пастырю, Хранителю душ ваших[d].

Footnotes:

  1. 1-e Петра 2:11 См. Быт. 23:4; 1 Пар. 29:15; Пс. 38:13; Еф. 2:19; Евр. 11:13.
  2. 1-e Петра 2:22 См. Ис. 53:9.
  3. 1-e Петра 2:24 Висящий на дереве являл собой знак того, что он проклят Богом (см. Втор. 21:22-23). Иисус взял на Себя наши грехи, будучи распят на деревянном кресте, был проклят за нас и освободил нас от тяжести Закона и его наказания. (См. Гал. 3:13).
  4. 1-e Петра 2:25 См. Ис. 53:4-6, 12.



____

Gospel

John 15:12-27 -- New King James Version

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.  

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.  

20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’[a]

The Coming Rejection

26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

Footnotes:

  1. John 15:25 Psalm 69:4




 * * * *

От Иоанна 15:12-27


John 15:12-27 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Вот Моя заповедь: любите друг друга, как Я вас полюбил. 13 Никто не может любить больше, чем тот, кто отдает жизнь свою за друзей. 14 Если вы делаете то, что Я вам повелеваю, то вы – Мои друзья. 15 Я больше не называю вас слугами, потому что слуга не знает, что делает его хозяин, но Я называю вас друзьями, потому что все, что Я услышал от Моего Отца, Я открыл вам. 16 Вы Меня не выбирали, Я Сам вас выбрал и назначил, чтобы вы шли и приносили плод и чтобы ваш плод выдержал испытание временем; тогда Отец даст вам все, о чем бы вы ни попросили Его во Имя Мое. 17 Я заповедую вам это, чтобы вы любили друг друга.

Иисус предупреждает о ненависти мира

18 – Если мир вас ненавидит, помните, что сначала он возненавидел Меня.  

19 Если бы вы принадлежали миру, то мир любил бы вас как своих. Но вы не принадлежите миру, потому что Я избрал вас из мира, поэтому мир вас и ненавидит. 20 Помните Мои слова: «Слуга не больше своего господина». Если преследовали Меня, то будут преследовать и вас. Если Моему слову повиновались, то будут повиноваться и вашему. 21 Но ваши противники будут гнать вас из-за Моего Имени, потому что они не знают Того, Кто послал Меня. 22 Если бы Я не пришел и не говорил им, то они не были бы виновны в грехе, но сейчас у них нет извинения в том, что они грешат.  

23 Кто ненавидит Меня, тот ненавидит и Моего Отца. 24 Если бы Я не делал среди них того, чего еще никто до Меня не делал, то они не были бы виновны в грехе. Но они видели Мои дела и все равно возненавидели Меня и Моего Отца. 25 В этом исполняется сказанное в их Законе: «Они возненавидели Меня без всякой причины»[a].

26 Когда придет Заступник – Дух истины, Которого Я пошлю к вам и Который исходит от Отца, Он будет свидетельствовать обо Мне. 27 Вы тоже будете свидетельствовать, потому что вы были со Мной с самого начала.

Footnotes:

  1. От Иоанна 15:25 Пс. 34:19; 68:5; 108:3.



No comments:

Post a Comment